Forum › Their Story discussion

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Chinese and korean call this 'manwha' maybe, but im not sure. Anyway this manwha is very fun and fresh. Thank you uploader.

I've heard korean's were manhwa and chinese's were manhua... Personnaly I don't see the difference, the romanization may be different but the pronunciation seems the same

Actually the pronunciation is different between Korean and Chinese. Manhwa is pronounced without the h sound so it sounds more like Manwa as like how it looks based on the Hangul and Manhua is pronounced how it looks based on the Pinyin. Romanization (ニマジromaji) is the Japanese specific word for using Roman characters to spell out words from Japanese to help Western speakers learn it better. I just wanted to point out that there is a bit of a difference between the two.^^

Really ? I thought the "ㅎ" from the hangul writing of manhwa was pronounced as a h sound. It must be an unpronounced letter then... seems weird to me though, never seen a Hangul letter in this position not pronounced x)

last edited at Dec 1, 2014 4:38AM

10698506_356095501219916_3104907167461467085_n
joined Sep 21, 2013

this seems like a good one

Me%20toooo
joined Feb 9, 2014

Oh man, I read this so many times. I found myself my new otp, I love this couple. The humor is hilarious too. I'm glad there are going to be more.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Awww, this is so cute and the art is amazing. Also how all her friends are cool with it and in general all her friends are pretty fun. Feels like slice of life... totally loving it. And the artwork <3 <3
Also I need some cheering up. Cause I'm also in love with a cute girl and trying to talk to her for almost a year now. But it's complicated, so I like to read the cute uncomplicated stuff. Hoping this will be a nice slice of life yuri.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Ch2 Wishful thinking?

Edit: Nvm, just saw ch3 xD

last edited at Dec 3, 2014 6:13PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ch2 Wishful thinking?

So 2 was the way she hoped it would go?

Wow, the author really doesn't make that clear. It almost seems like the two chapters should be reversed.

joined Sep 4, 2014

Also I need some cheering up. Cause I'm also in love with a cute girl and trying to talk to her for almost a year now. But it's complicated, so I like to read the cute uncomplicated stuff. Hoping this will be a nice slice of life yuri.

Lolol go for it!! Don't leave regrets brah

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Ch2 Wishful thinking?

Wow, the author really doesn't make that clear. It almost seems like the two chapters should be reversed.

Isn't this NOT being released in chapters?

Thought it was just bundles of imgs released, with no clear separation for the most part...

last edited at Dec 3, 2014 6:23PM

joined Jul 5, 2014

These uploads are getting really confusing.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I played with the chapter numbering and will also move page 13 to chapter 1.5.

Ch2 Wishful thinking?

"I’ve been seeing confusion about what happened from a lot of people. 13, 14 was what Sun Jing thought in her head would happen as she was running towards Qiu Tong. 15, 16, 17, 18 was what actually happened when she caught up to Qiu Tong and introduced herself." Via yaoi-blcd

15-18 is our chapter 2, or reference' sake.

Thought it was just bundles of imgs released, with no clear separation for the most part...

You are correct!

last edited at Dec 3, 2014 6:49PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I played with the chapter numbering and will also move page 13 to chapter 1.5.

Ch2 Wishful thinking?

"I’ve been seeing confusion about what happened from a lot of people. 13, 14 was what Sun Jing thought in her head would happen as she was running towards Qiu Tong. 15, 16, 17, 18 was what actually happened when she caught up to Qiu Tong and introduced herself." Via yaoi-blcd

15-18 is our chapter 2, or reference' sake.

You are correct!

I think it flows better (making it easier to understand) if ch 1.5 and 2 were together, just as one.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I think it flows better (making it easier to understand) if ch 1.5 and 2 were together, just as one.

I really thought the Wishful thinking tag would help people get the idea. Meanwhile folks on IRC asked me to change chapter 2 to 1.5. I will wait for more opinions, but in the end, there is no clear solution in sight.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I really thought the Wishful thinking tag would help people get the idea. Meanwhile folks on IRC asked me to change chapter 2 to 1.5. I will wait for more opinions, but in the end, there is no clear solution in sight.

Mmm, I see.

Heh, would've been better if the artist used one of the usual go-to's indicators of imagination vs reality, a small box saying "reality", or something of the sort.

joined Oct 3, 2014

I think 9th grade is a mistranslation? First year of high school in China is 10th grade.

Eraser-for-really-big-mistakes
joined Jul 21, 2013

Its so good

Eiko_by_komiyo_chan2
joined Sep 15, 2013

Lovelly!

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

My first reaction after reading chappy 2 was:

"Why is there no next button? No!!!!!" keeps clicking the page so it would proceed to the next page

Well, that was fun!

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

So... so brave...

I doubt I'll be able to do that. owo

Download
joined Aug 8, 2013

I'm liking this story a lot so far. :)

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

It's cute in a fictional story, but if someone started running after me like that, I'd be more freaked out haha.

Img_0647
joined Nov 25, 2014

All I can say is YEEEEEESSSSSS! Just love this artwork and the manwah itself!!

joined Oct 17, 2014

For a moment there, I thought the coming haricut was a disguise because she blew her first impressions too badly.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Aye. I laughed so hard when I realized it was just wishful thinking.
The actual reality of it wasn't too bad either though. At least she stopped and gave Sun Jing a chance to explain herself? Haha.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

The tag does make it clearer, but the tag's also a bit of a spoiler. The chapter division in general is rather artificial, so I would probably agree with the folks on IRC*—rather than keeping each update as a separate chapter, it would make more sense to collapse the previous updates into chapter 1 and just keep the newest update as its own chapter. In fact, you could probably remove the chapter numbering altogether and just have "Their Story" and "Their Story [(Date) UPDATE]".

*I don't actually know if this is what the folks on IRC are suggesting.

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

F*cking LOVE the art! But so damn short ><

To reply you must either login or sign up.