Forum › Their Story discussion

joined Aug 16, 2014

Oh this is so cute. Funny how I'm kinda in the same situation like Sun Jing. Though I'm not as brave as her yet T_T

Haha I know what you mean. Hopefully she can complete a conversation now. Fighting!

10930931_1572484072967796_9102248557687339195_n
joined Jan 4, 2014

This is the author's web page: http://www.weibo.com/u/1300957955
Stalking time.
She uploads a page after few days, This story is more like a hobby to her so we can just hope that she'll continue it...nicely.

joined Feb 9, 2013

Loving that this is here, seriously. Also loving how natural this couple is, although the blonde seems to be taking a bit of time to adjust to Sun Jing's more casual lifestyle. I don't often see this sort of youth culture displayed in Japanese yuri (or manga at all, aside from stuff like Beck) so it's pretty cool to have even a tiny window into that world.

I think Thai and Chinese people are more open about their gender than Japanese ppl. Since I have a lot of Chinese gay friends.

1nora%20cooper
joined Nov 23, 2014

I just create acc only to comment this super lovely Manhua . I hope there will be more about their story because I just love this art style and light story ! And clothes are very stylish... like it :3 Not sure if someone notice it but i feel rly sorry for guy from page 9 :P But it was funny anyway ;d

Profile_picture_by_revolpe-d7ojz00
joined Apr 1, 2013

Tall, dark and handsome X Small, blonde and cute? If Yumikuri were to parish in the later chapters of SnK then I'm gonna force my self to think that this is an AU of some sorts. Great manga and I reeeaaallly love and hope it keeps getting uploaded here.

joined Jan 17, 2014

this art is good, fit well with skinny character, even though i dont like manhua or manwha (not sure if it correct but whatever), this is very good, maybe because of the manga look like art

joined Jul 8, 2013

Wao. So rare to see a yuri manhwa. Actually...it's the only manhwa i've ever seen with a lesbian even in it...

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

I love how the guy is all supportive, some others would avoid her or bully her, but he's like "nah, she's ma bro"

last edited at Nov 23, 2014 2:55PM

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Chinese and korean call this 'manwha' maybe, but im not sure. Anyway this manwha is very fun and fresh. Thank you uploader.

I've heard korean's were manhwa and chinese's were manhua... Personnaly I don't see the difference, the romanization may be different but the pronunciation seems the same

It's to do with the romanisation, yes. If you think it's important to differentiate Japanese manga from its Korean and Chinese counterparts, then you should try to use the correct terms (Korea = manhwa, Chinese = manhua, as you correctly observed) because they are all written the same way, just pronounced differently.
Not sure whether I'd call this manhua though, since that term tends to be associated with a certain school of style which this definitely does not fit into... I would have thought that a Japanese person had drawn it if not for the names etc.

But really, a lovely series! The art is really nice, and the characters are cute - I'm longing to know more about Qiu Tong and how she gets together with Sun Jing. Too bad Sun Jing cuts her hair though, I liked how she sort of resembled Kunizuka from Psycho-Pass... And I do think it's nice to show a girl with a more masculine physique; not all females look like society seems to think they should.

Aaa
joined Jan 9, 2014

OMG! the 1st is so lol hahahha I laughed so hard xD
I'm looking forward for moar chapters, it's been an amazing beginning!

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

For anyone interested in a clear view of the art in the background at the station (pgs 2-4) it's on the artist's Pixiv: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=20620847

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Chinese and korean call this 'manwha' maybe, but im not sure. Anyway this manwha is very fun and fresh. Thank you uploader.

I've heard korean's were manhwa and chinese's were manhua... Personnaly I don't see the difference, the romanization may be different but the pronunciation seems the same

It's to do with the romanisation, yes. If you think it's important to differentiate Japanese manga from its Korean and Chinese counterparts, then you should try to use the correct terms (Korea = manhwa, Chinese = manhua, as you correctly observed) because they are all written the same way, just pronounced differently.
Not sure whether I'd call this manhua though, since that term tends to be associated with a certain school of style which this definitely does not fit into... I would have thought that a Japanese person had drawn it if not for the names etc.

Well, webcomics often tend to have their own style. Like for webtoon and paper manhwa from Korea which are generally not alike at all.

joined Aug 24, 2013

Instafavorite!

Images
joined May 22, 2014

It seems pretty rare to see a heterosexual male that is not a complete asshole in yuri stories.

joined Nov 30, 2011

I think the great thing about this is that the main girl's sexuality is treated so normally by everyone. It's just so damned refreshing.

Underoneroof
joined Jan 17, 2014

This is so good and looks promising. I'm so happy :D

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

I have a lot of great feelings over this comic. But I wanna comment on how fucking solid Sun Jing's friends are. Usually, in this type of histories, she being a lesbian is a public secret and nobody comments on it. Here, everybody is pretty cool about it, as it should be. Seriously, what a refreshing one. I sure hope this goes on forever

last edited at Nov 23, 2014 5:58PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I have a lot of great feelings over this comic. But I wanna comment on how fucking solid Sun Jing's friends are. Usually, in this type of histories, she being a lesbian is a public secret and nobody comments on it. Here, everybody is pretty cool about it, as it should be. Seriously, what a refreshing one. I sure hope this goes on forever

This is one thing I love about Miyabi's work, or Wife and Wife. They, like this, take place in worlds where homosexuality is no big and why wouldn't a girl fall in love with a girl for crying out loud. Their Story takes it that much further into a very relatable real world setting where the response to "there's a girl I like" isn't "wait, you're a dyke?" but "well go talk to her and get her number, sheesh!"

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

I LOVE THIS. It's so light and interesting. Xiao Jing and Qi Fang remind me of mine and my best guy friend in freshman year of high school so much. The resemblance of their appearance to ours is uncanny as well.

9bdd23b1-1e6c-4540-bdac-7a7a8d9c3658
joined Jan 19, 2014

I think i jus fell in love with this new couple XDDD

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

This is one thing I love about Miyabi's work, or Wife and Wife. They, like this, take place in worlds where homosexuality is no big and why wouldn't a girl fall in love with a girl for crying out loud. Their Story takes it that much further into a very relatable real world setting where the response to "there's a girl I like" isn't "wait, you're a dyke?" but "well go talk to her and get her number, sheesh!"

Most glaring cause of this is japan and their generalized views on homosexuality. I haven't read any western works but I bet that if we had lots of lesbian romance comics/stories we would find environments like this one frequently, and it would not be such a rarity.

1-1%20-%20copy
joined Feb 3, 2013

woo seen page 1 and 2 on tumblr a couple times, glad to know there's more of it

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 4:23AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Most glaring cause of this is japan and their generalized views on homosexuality. I haven't read any western works but I bet that if we had lots of lesbian romance comics/stories we would find environments like this one frequently, and it would not be such a rarity.

It's China in this case. Not really knowledgeable about how young people there view female homosexuality (which can be much different from how male homosexuality is viewed, which I also don't know).

I rather like western lesbian romance novels (Georgia Beers and Karin Kallmaker are particularly good authors) and for the most part they don't include a whole lot of anti-gay environments. Only stories I can think of are one that takes place in San Francisco in the 70s and wraps up with response to Harvey Milk's murder, and one with a homophobic old man who kills the partner of a friend of the MC's. But seriously, that's about it.

joined Apr 11, 2014

Super cute! Can't wait for more

joined Jul 5, 2014

Very cute and funny, instant subscribe.

I'm curious about the chronology of this though, in the images they are pretty clearly a couple, but in the strip they aren't together quite yet. Did the author throw up some images of them together beforehand or what's the deal with that.

Personally, I think it was just a couple he created that he liked to draw artwork for. Then some people perhaps wanted to know more about the couple he/she kept drawing, so he/she decided to create this.

That would make sense, especially with the name of the story being "Their Story", dont'cha think? :)

I wouldn't be surprised if it started out as him/her drawing modern world versions of Ymir and Chritsa, to be honest, and kinda developed from there. I get a serious Yumikuri vibe from these works.

last edited at Nov 23, 2014 7:19PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.