Forum › Vampire and Maid Yuri discussion

joined Dec 30, 2018

Man being immortal must suck

A8579f88-3796-4c80-9233-af508afff917
joined Jul 27, 2019

That was really… really nice! I hope August and Matilda have a happy life ^^

Man being immortal must suck

please tell me that was intentional 10/10 joke
(And also Secret Society Blanket! Yeah!)

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

Never really understood the whole "being immortal is terrible" as if you couldn't find things to do and people to love being immortal for thousands of years.

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

"Remember that time you protected me from that bullet? Even though that stuff doesn't affect me lol XD"
Just another Thursday watching some random girl get her neck impaled by a sharp cross no biggie

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Let's be real. Is being an immortal really terrible? Or have you just not processed your trauma. Please go to therapy sweetie. You will feel much better, I promise.

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

matilda's pretty smart getting herself shot just to be a vampire.
empathizing with august, the loneliness she has knowing everyone she's close to and is precious to her dies on the way while she remains very much alive for years must've been so tough.
anyway, don't wear sharp accessories kids. such a dumb way to die lmfao.

last edited at Mar 20, 2021 3:59AM

Cat
joined Jan 21, 2015

I mean, are they truly immortal? To what extent are they immortal? I assume they still feel some pain or malaise because of their aversion to sunlight and fainting when they don't consume blood.

So if they are truly immortal, what happens if humanity goes extinct? Or the Earth is destroyed by natural or man made disaster? Will they live past the heat death of the universe and be condemned to purgatory, floating in eternal nothingness? Just some food for thought.

Tatsuta%20avatar%20001
joined Jan 18, 2016

Gosh, cute story with good solid art, but that mood whiplash in the middle was really something.

Plus with all of the details of that new maid? IMO that was all wasted — Too bad for orphan girl to have so much background in a one-shot.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Never really understood the whole "being immortal is terrible" as if you couldn't find things to do and people to love being immortal for thousands of years.

lol- are you kidding? Im sure you could find things to do.. for so long.. then the same things over and over and over endlessly.. Till how f$%king sick of them would you be? Immortality WOULD obviously be the worst possible curse imaginable. Not seeing that is thinking too superficially on it.

BUT- I will give you, that most of the time, there is no reason to see most types of immortality that way. Vampirism certainly isnt normally seen in that way. Because most types of immortality are NOT real imortality (like what kaguya and mokou in touhou seem to have) most types are just no longer aging or dying of disease etc and being strong/immune to lots of stuff- but NOT unkillable.

Any type of 'imortality' where you could actually end it once you got sick of living - yeah- most people can see the appeal of being able to live as long as you wanted.

But in this story she did seem to be saying she couldnt die.. who knows if thats true? I doubt she has tried many methods.

TRUE immortality you had NO way out of- id not wish on my worst enemy.

last edited at Mar 20, 2021 4:21AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I mean, are they truly immortal? To what extent are they immortal? I assume they still feel some pain or malaise because of their aversion to sunlight and fainting when they don't consume blood.

So if they are truly immortal, what happens if humanity goes extinct? Or the Earth is destroyed by natural or man made disaster? Will they live past the heat death of the universe and be condemned to purgatory, floating in eternal nothingness? Just some food for thought.

Exactly- there's a touhou of kaguya and moku on the earth in the distant future amongst the lava streams, watching the last moments as the sun grows to envelope the earth.. imagine having to live BILLIONS of years? would you even remember anything from 99% of your life? wouldnt you have gone insane really long before that? What happened to them after they are swallowed by the sun if they cant die? what about once the sun slowly cools and fades over billions of years? did they spend those billions of years dying instantly and coming back to life over and over or did the heat stop them reforming?? would they end up stuck in vaccum endlessly suffocating and being reborn?

Obviously it depends exactly how the hourai elixer functions and we dont know that- but there a certainly some nightmarish outcomes possible for that kind of true immortality (that isnt also tied to godly powers).

last edited at Mar 20, 2021 4:19AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Ah, yeah, again one of those immortality debates we've had here 17 times already ...

Personally I don't like the vamp design and she doesn't come across as nearly vamp-y enough. Also the cheesy way to get the plot to go somewhere where she's forced to turn her maid-lover felt incredibly cliché.

Okay overall, but not exactly great.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I'm sure that even though being immortal probably sucks ass after a while, having someone else who is also immortal makes it at least a little more bearable, like in this story

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Let's be real. Is being an immortal really terrible? Or have you just not processed your trauma. Please go to therapy sweetie. You will feel much better, I promise.

I mean I think you can only go to so much therapy for thousands of years of baggage. Many people you know dying, the world changing around you, wars, and so fourth. The world can be a very ugly place, and witnessing it for thousands of years would be taxing for anyone even with therapy.

Ah, yeah, again one of those immortality debates we've had here 17 times already ...

Personally I don't like the vamp design and she doesn't come across as nearly vamp-y enough. Also the cheesy way to get the plot to go somewhere where she's forced to turn her maid-lover felt incredibly cliché.

Okay overall, but not exactly great.

Personally I liked that the vampire's design was more subdued and not as over the top as some vampire designs, something more subtle. I really enjoyed this, even it was cliché I certainly don't mind. I mean it was obvious from the start that the whole goal of the one-shot was to have them spend eternity together, I got what I expected and came for so I left happy.

last edited at Mar 20, 2021 4:40AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^I'll say one thing though- if she hates it and thinks it so terrible, why did she subject someone she loved to it too- wasnt that very selfish? Often in vampire stories the vampire will utterly refuse to turn the human they love into a vampire as well and make them suffer the same fate.

We can be all romantic saying as long as they have each other they will both enjoy life.. but..

last edited at Mar 20, 2021 4:49AM

joined Sep 27, 2017

^I'll say one thing though- if she hates it and thinks it so terrible, why did she subject someone she loved to it too- wasnt that very selfish? Often in vampire stories the vampire will utterly refuse to turn the human they love into a vampire as well and make them suffer the same fate.

We can be all romantic saying as long as they have each other they will both enjoy life.. but..

but..it's better to not over think it. That's the main thing I say there. Sure it was selfish and she acted impulsively in the moment, the maid's heart was slowing in front her and she didn't want to lose someone else, despite her previous convictions it was just too horrifying to instantly lose the only person important to her. Which the maid stated that she took the bullet intentionally, so the vampire would feel forced into this situation. I don't think going into how terrible and selfish the vampire is...really has much of a point? When the maid is also at "fault" for forcing the vampire's hand. A gamble she knew she could take, because of how much they care about each other.

Which is why I personally think it's better to not overthink it, and just go along with the "and then they lived happily ever after". If I spent all day thinking about how horrible all the cozy ending one-shots like this one could go afterwards, in theoretical scenarios maybe based on reality, I'd go watch the news or something haha

I come here mainly for some cute escapism. I rather not make myself intentionally miserable. However if you want to go down a spiraling path like that, well that's up to you. That's simply not my cup of tea is all.

last edited at Mar 20, 2021 5:14AM

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

That poor girl really loved her master.

joined Sep 27, 2017

That poor girl really loved her master.

I felt some sympathy for her, but also shooting people is kind of a bad way to ask for help...

joined Feb 7, 2013

TRUE immortality you had NO way out of- id not wish on my worst enemy.
Available things to do grows faster by time than you can do them.

So far I have managed to entertain myself quite well (in no small part thanks to the existence of Dynasty Scans =D). Just entertainment in my queue grows faster than I can read/watch/listen to it.

Add to that being immortal like this allows you to invest in long term prospects like studying to be a scientist even if you aren't really that smart. If it takes you 10 years to get through university and have to work 30 years to pay it off, then do it all again for a PhD? Well, it won't take you all your lifespan now!

Plus there's trying to get good at sports, maintaining relationships (she can turn other people immortal so the obvious ending to friends dying of old age is non-existent) and other infinite time sinks.

last edited at Mar 20, 2021 7:52AM

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

In today's world, the end of the world is not the scariest thing for immortals. Even if you can't die, you can be (and will be) captured by the ultrarich, tortured and experimented on to get the benefits of your condition without the downsides. Before or after that, whichever comes first, you'll struggle to have enough money for constant relocations and for buying fake identities.

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

I thought this was going to be a fluffy vampire yuri...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I'm the only one here to find the death of the other maid stupid ? I mean, she got her neck impaled by her own cross necklace so not only the thing had to go behind her neck when she fall but had to be perfectly aligned with her neck and also be sharp enough to pierce though it. I know we talking about vampire so in term of realism, we're already out but come on.

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

^ plays dumb ways to die

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

We've been taught from youth that dying one day is natural and inevitable, so obviously, any type of immortality is seen as against nature, so there must be a drawback.

But immortal being from birth, like Tolkien elves, for example, are immune to that kind of mindset. Tolkien never mentioned that they were bored of their eternal life. Neither are the Gods.

It's just in the head that you think it'd be boring.

Personally, I think eternal youth would be nifty (rather than immortality), as long as you can spend it with your loved ones.

In the reference frame of humanity multiplying like rabbits, yeah, there must be some drawbacks.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Poor orphan maid, I don't care for the vampire, pity for Matilda.

joined Mar 5, 2016

I'm the only one here to find the death of the other maid stupid ? I mean, she got her neck impaled by her own cross necklace so not only the thing had to go behind her neck when she fall but had to be perfectly aligned with her neck and also be sharp enough to pierce though it. I know we talking about vampire so in term of realism, we're already out but come on.

it's symbolically god punishing her for her wickedness, for trying to take more than that which was given to her by god in her own words, and doing so ironically by puncturing her neck ass he had demanded the vampire do

possibly a bit over the top to include it in a comic that starts the way this does but criticising it for being unrealistic is the wrong way to view it

To reply you must either login or sign up.