omegaverse? seriously?

Img_-2low0i
joined Jun 15, 2020

omegaverse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

51f904c379c04da9bb57683f48e645a5
joined May 3, 2020

that seems interesting

ckretaznmayden
__sakura_futaba_persona_and_persona_5_drawn_by_kion_kun__d693cf24f18f5565a7cc666e236df3fc
joined Apr 9, 2019

Pretty surprised to see that genre come up manga at all. For people who don't know what omegaverse is, here's a good summation and also a screwed up court case: https://youtu.be/zhWWcWtAUoY

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Pretty surprised to see that genre come up manga at all. For people who don't know what omegaverse is, here's a good summation and also a screwed up court case: https://youtu.be/zhWWcWtAUoY

one hour vid

Eeeh, give us the gist of it, please.

It's what we call the Mochi au Lait cinematic universe, right?

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I read the chapter, but I'm honestly just here for the comments. Curious to see what people what people say about this, as someone who genuinely just doesn't understand the appeal of Omegaverse content.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Some surprisingly good panel composition for what I'll politely call a multiverse-brain story concept.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/omegaverse_sisters_ch01#9 TFW you write your dialogue to be natural speech between the two main characters and not to exposit to the reader directly

joined Sep 27, 2017

one hour vid

Eeeh, give us the gist of it, please.

It's what we call the Mochi au Lait cinematic universe, right?

I feel like I'm missing a joke here lol

joined Jun 7, 2019

this is disgusting but i wanted some omegaverse yuri
i really hope they don't end up together and the big sister finds someone else

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

FluffyCow posted:

as someone who genuinely just doesn't understand the appeal of Omegaverse content.

Same. I don't see the point and ignoring all the bad tropes and cliches in omegaverse stories, I feel like ones with female protagonists are also kinda homophobic.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

this is disgusting but i wanted some omegaverse yuri
i really hope they don't end up together and the big sister finds someone else

Find it disgusting and don't even like the main pair... aah I've seen this too many times, considering how many terabytes of yuri and hentai you can find out there, seems like a huge waste of time to spend it on one you don't enjoy

last edited at Mar 14, 2021 3:28PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

FluffyCow posted:

as someone who genuinely just doesn't understand the appeal of Omegaverse content.

Same. I don't see the point and ignoring all the bad tropes and cliches in omegaverse stories, I feel like ones with female protagonists are also kinda homophobic.

Isn't omegaverse being mostly a Yaoi thing ?

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Omegaverse is some good shit, but it is certainly a niche thing lol

Examining the power/consent dynamics in omegaverse stuff is not going to be super productive since dubcon is kinda baked in.

joined Sep 27, 2017

FluffyCow posted:

I believe so. Whenever I run into omegaverse stuff it just feels like the authors are looking for some excuse to write about things like rape, and other questionable things. Often also looking to justify it within the story. I'm just here trying to understand it because as I said, I really don't get it.

last edited at Mar 14, 2021 3:36PM

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

FluffyCow posted:

It is interesting how omegaverse stuff can add a layer of heteronormativity on top of queer relationships.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

FluffyCow posted:

I believe so. Whenever I run into omegaverse stuff it just feels like the authors are looking for some excuse to write about things like rape, and other questionable things. Often also looking to justify it within the story. I'm just here trying to understand it because as I said, I really don't get it.

I think part of the appeal initially was allowing mlm couples to have the whole "happy ending with a kid" thing since male pregnancy is part of the deal.

joined Sep 27, 2017

FluffyCow posted:

I think part of the appeal initially was allowing mlm couples to have the whole "happy ending with a kid" thing since male pregnancy is part of the deal.

Mpreg while a bit strange to me, is fine enough. People want kids and a happy fantasy. So I get it. I just don't get why Omegaverse content has rape baked so heavily into it...and weird "justifications" for the rape.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:

Yes. It started as yaoi thing, but like with everything, people liked it and started to use it to het and yuri as well, as seen in this story. And when applied to yuri story, the omega tropes become really insulting since alpha has a dick.

Joddascus posted:

Examining the power/consent dynamics in omegaverse stuff is not going to be super productive since dubcon is kinda baked in.

Yes, that's why I said ignoring that, though I'm definitely not happy with those stories continuing spreading those toxic power relationships and it's not rape if they enjoyed it message.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Joddascus posted:

Yea. I wouldn't mind if it was just mpreg, but it all has that oudated alpha/beta and omega wolf stuff mixed with all the bad yaoi tropes that makes it completely unappealing to me.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Lilliwyt posted:

Yes. It started as yaoi thing, but like with everything, people liked it and started to use it to het and yuri as well, as seen in this story. And when applied to yuri story, the omega tropes become really insulting since alpha has a dick.

Joddascus posted:

Yes, that's why I said ignoring that, though I'm definitely not happy with those stories continuing spreading those toxic power relationships and it's not rape if they enjoyed it message.

Yeah I think this is what bothers me, there's this constant narrative of "it's not rape if they enjoyed it". It's the fact that it's backed by this entire fandom, and produces so many stories with that narrative. I always say fiction is fiction, and people should write and read what they want...but it feels strange to me that there's an entire large and growing fandom with this mentality.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Lilliwyt posted:

Joddascus posted:

Yeah I think this is what bothers me, there's this constant narrative of "it's not rape if they enjoyed it". It's the fact that it's backed by this entire fandom, and produces so many stories with that narrative. I always say fiction is fiction, and people should write and read what they want...but it feels strange to me that there's an entire large and growing fandom with this mentality.

Yeah, that's seem to be going here with what the description of the sisters said, you can translate by "the little sister humily and rape her big sister but it's ok since they love each other and the big sister is in reality a M". It's like the author try to cover themselves.
Tbh, i would rather had the Mikanuji Omegaverse HinaSayo Futa doujin to begin this tag but i feel like it's rather an exception in the genre.

joined Oct 30, 2013

Interesting. Hopefully the older sister grows some backbone... looking forward to read the rest! anyone who knows if there's raw?

To reply you must either login or sign up.