Forum › It's a Detached Relationship. discussion

Heart-Of-The-Earth
Nanofate%20feelz
joined Nov 6, 2013

All of these girls are so screwed up I love it

Chibi%20flustered%20shizuku%20giving%20eris%20a%20bento
joined Jun 19, 2020

Aya has definitely changed after that confrontation with Yoru. Haruki’s right, she has really changed. She’s fed up with everything around her: Sei using her to relieve her pain of a one sided love, Mochida trying to find stuff to use against them, and Haruki wanting her all to herself, wanting her to stay as the unconfident Aya who leans on her. What I’m wondering though is, has Aya’s personality changed or is it just her confidence? Aya always lacked confidence and self esteem, from the first chapter. We see her tell Sei that he’s practically a loner, to feeling like she’s replaceable to Sei. Now we see her confronting Yoru, not thinking twice about taking Haruki’s phone and hanging up on Mochida, to humiliating Haruki. When Haruki says Sei has changed her, I don’t think she did. I think Aya has always been like this, it’s just that hanging out with Sei has finally made her emotions boil over and she’s done holding it all in.

When she had sex with Sei in chapter 10 and takes the lead she says, “It felt really good, but it’s not enough. My body was fulfilled but I also feel empty.” I think, like Haruki, Aya also has a possessive side and wants to be liked back, but I don’t think it’s something like, “I want to be loved back” but, “I want her to be mine. Even if it’s not what she needs right, I’ll convince her one way or another that she needs me.” I think Aya’s trying to convince herself that she’s doing what she’s doing right now because she loves and cares about Sei, but in reality, I think she’s doing this because she wants to be in control of Sei, and possibly make her feel that same heartache that she put her through. In think what I’m trying to say us, Aya also has not just a possessive side of her own, but a dark side that Sei has helped bring out of her with all this drama going on in Aya’s life.

I’m probably completely wrong but yeah, just a theory lol. Also this and “Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii” are definitely bringing the pain and angst haha. Happy to see this series back after the hiatus, can’t wait for the next chapter.

last edited at Feb 20, 2021 5:44PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

So that's what foot covers look like. Definitely not the same as socks.
(lil callback for you longtime The Two of Them readers)

I remember some nonsense about foot covers lol but I Can't remember the details xD

looks like I just needed a break from the sudden Yoru bullshittery.

Should maybe also calm down on the Haruki's hate, i feel like you take it too seriously. Haruki is just a teenager with raging hormons. Being a teenager is already bond to have illogicals behaviors but it's even worse when you combine with the horny.

Maybe if she stops with the "Come on Aya, say you're sorry for all the wrong things you've made already and come back to me, say I Was right all along and let me lead you to the right path as my pet. sorry I meant my friend!" but it's been clear for a while that she lust for her and can't hide it anymore, she's angry that someone is taking her away when she thought Aya had no will on her own or the strength to oppose anyone, and that she could keep her for herself forever, when she says things like "return to being the Aya I knew" is like "Return to the times when I was your only friend" and that will always rub me the wrong way.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

but it's been clear for a while that she lust for her and can't hide it anymore

Which is a bad thing because ? Not like a certain teacher is also lusting on Aya or Yoru.

when she says things like "return to being the Aya I knew" is like "Return to the times when I was your only friend"

Desire of monopolization+ desperation of losing the on she love and Aya is not better by saying she is the only one who can make Sei forget about Yoru.

Maybe if she stops with the "Come on Aya, say you're sorry for all the wrong things you've made already and come back to me, say I Was right all along and let me lead you to the right path as my pet. sorry I meant my friend!"

Annnnnnd that's clearly your biased opinion because it's clearly neither what she said or implied at all. I think your bias toward Haruki make you read too much in it.

last edited at Feb 20, 2021 6:18PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I remember some nonsense about foot covers lol but I Can't remember the details xD

Long story short, some Dynasty peeps got confused when I translated フットカバー as "foot covers" when characters were talking about a guy wearing leather shoes with bare feet. People were like "those are called socks, dummy", but socks are 靴下. Judging from how they're depicted here, foot covers are basically things you put over just the bottom of your feet to keep your footwear nice and clean while wearing them.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

At least when it comes to Aya and Sei, they're being brutally honest with that they like and what they do... You can come up with whatever excuse to justify Haruki's behavior but the truth is that Aya is very disgusted with her right (and she has all the reasons for it) now and so do I and that's clear as day.

Funny that you think I'm making things up, the person above my comment came to a very similar conclusion, and Chikaon also realizes that her act feels really cheap at this point, but who knows maybe we are all wrong.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Long story short, some Dynasty peeps got confused when I translated フットカバー as "foot covers" when characters were talking about a guy wearing leather shoes with bare feet. People were like "those are called socks, dummy", but socks are 靴下. Judging from how they're depicted here, foot covers are basically things you put over just the bottom of your feet to keep your footwear nice and clean while wearing them.

Just to be clear, they're these things.

So they're sock-like, but not exactly socks.

I love it when characters get so done with people's shit and show another side of themselves, always a fav.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Funny that you think I'm making things up, the person above my comment came to a very similar conclusion, and Chikaon also realizes that her act feels really cheap at this point, but who knows maybe we are all wrong.

Yeah no, your wordings was where more aggresive than them. And i'm merely just justificating her behavior, not excusing it. You can say i'm chicken out but i never said she has the right to act like this. I'm just a bit fed up that Haruki get bashed from every corner but Sei get a pass because she feel somewhat guilty after being a huge bitch and Aya willing to help after all that.

Last thing

but it's been clear for a while that she lust for her and can't hide it anymore

It's more like fantasized rather than lusting. Remember that she had the oppurtunity when they're were both naked in the bed and she does nothing and even she stop because it weel wrong. Also the fact that Haruki is scared at what bullshit Aya is spouting should be enough to realize Aya goes down a dangerous way

tl;dr : Everyone is fucked and not just Haruki.

PS : I'm also tired of this argumentation over Haruki each time she breath so i'm just gonna try my best to ignore from now on.

last edited at Feb 20, 2021 7:45PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

What I’m wondering though is, has Aya’s personality changed or is it just her confidence? ... When Haruki says Sei has changed her, I don’t think she did. I think Aya has always been like this, it’s just that hanging out with Sei has finally made her emotions boil over and she’s done holding it all in.

For me it’s not so much as she’s more confident, but perhaps she’s just grown more attune with what/who she really wants. She’s become a fighter and even going so far as to reject Haruki 2x. I remember her whole speech as to feeling like she would have to settle because “someone like her” wouldn’t have a choice. But now we see her taking control of her own narrative, because let’s face it, if it were up to Sei she would still be a sex puppet up until Sei ran back to Yoru. If it were up to Haruki, she’d still be a loner with no prospects of romance or other friends. Yet Aya has been fighting to keep Sei with her while going against what Haruki wants and even wanting to protect what they have against Mochida.

When she had sex with Sei in chapter 10 and takes the lead she says, “It felt really good, but it’s not enough. My body was fulfilled but I also feel empty.” I think, like Haruki, Aya also has a possessive side and wants to be liked back, but I don’t think it’s something like, “I want to be loved back” but, “I want her to be mine. Even if it’s not what she needs right, I’ll convince her one way or another that she needs me.”... In think what I’m trying to say us, Aya also has not just a possessive side of her own, but a dark side that Sei has helped bring out of her with all this drama going on in Aya’s life.

I don’t necessarily think she’s convincing herself she’s doing the right thing. I think her main concern in erasing Yoru from Sei’s mind.... it is selfish but Aya is just at that point where she wants Sei all to herself. She’s turning into Sei but it feels like she doesn’t want to try to stop herself because Sei is still there and “needs” her.

But.. my concern is how dark Aya really is. She almost hit Sei- as far as I can remember Sei never hit Yoru (just tackled her)...

Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

Mochida's totally in the closet. It's possible her and Haruki end up becoming the End Couple, honestly

Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

This is so exciting! Can't wait for the next chapter.

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Chapter 17. I wanna say "what a ride" but this isn't over. The angst isn't over. Legit scares me tbh.

If Aya has become a kind of monster then I say let her be the bigger, meaner, faster one, cuz it might mean confronting and shaking up Sei to her core, like Aya's Eren or something, and doesn't wait for Sei to become her final form and just punches Sei in the face. Aya has the potential to be an attack titan then.

Sei, perhaps without meaning to, has successfully passed the poison to her student/lover (yikes). Jesus, come to think of it, education is largely about the transfer of knowledge, skills, and sometimes societal/cultural baggage. In this case, Sei has transferred the "baggage" of being a horrible psychological shitshow to Aya.

The difference, I think, is of all the characters here (I am excluding the male sensei, just focusing on the more relevant ones in the darker sphere), Aya is the only person with remaining moral semblance. Initially, I would have given this to Haruki, but her main motivation is to control Aya in the guise of freeing her from a perverted teacher... Is it love tho? Maybe. But if Aya hadn't controlled the reins in this chapter, Haruki would have succeeded in consuming Aya, not exactly a loving one. Haruki would have kept Aya in obsession, the way Sei has kept Yoru.

Aya's main motivation for sticking with Sei's world of hell is because of Love, as cheesy as it sounds, that's how I look at it, plus she has fended off Haruki's advancements on her in a reverse-psychology way. If she's as a twisted fuck as her gf, Aya would have destroyed her friend. She might become the "Yoru" to Haruki's "Sei".

Aya wanting to free Sei from Yoru is different from Haruki's kind of love. Aya wants to unburden Sei of Yoru so they can set things right for real. The "Yoru Obsession" is what makes Sei so desperate that she sleeps with whoever not to mention she toys with students which could land her in fucking jail.

BUUUT Chapter 17 seems like an unraveling. I am sensing a subversion of my expectations so strong it could slap me in the face with a 14-inch dildo of twists and turns. I am hoping Aya won't become Sei's carbon copy. Just become the meaner one, please. Been rooting for Aya to propel things in their right direction...

joined Jul 8, 2016

This really do be the Always Sunny of yuri manga huh? All of these people are garbage and deserve to be laughed at.

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

mom, come pick me up.
I'm scared

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

Woahoho hello poor writing. It's a poopsicle.

Chibi%20flustered%20shizuku%20giving%20eris%20a%20bento
joined Jun 19, 2020

What I’m wondering though is, has Aya’s personality changed or is it just her confidence? ... When Haruki says Sei has changed her, I don’t think she did. I think Aya has always been like this, it’s just that hanging out with Sei has finally made her emotions boil over and she’s done holding it all in.

For me it’s not so much as she’s more confident, but perhaps she’s just grown more attune with what/who she really wants. She’s become a fighter and even going so far as to reject Haruki 2x. I remember her whole speech as to feeling like she would have to settle because “someone like her” wouldn’t have a choice. But now we see her taking control of her own narrative, because let’s face it, if it were up to Sei she would still be a sex puppet up until Sei ran back to Yoru. If it were up to Haruki, she’d still be a loner with no prospects of romance or other friends. Yet Aya has been fighting to keep Sei with her while going against what Haruki wants and even wanting to protect what they have against Mochida.

Ya that’s what I meant. Like she’s finally voicing more of her thoughts and feelings compared to the beginning. I just said confidence cause that’s what it sorta is. Back in the first chapter she didn’t even have the confidence to tell the girl’s that they were sitting in her seat.

joined Jun 21, 2017

One minor correction if the scanlator is hanging around, but on page sixteen the bottom panel says "It's to late to be panicking". The first 'to' should be 'too'.

joined Jul 20, 2020

looks like I just needed a break from the sudden Yoru bullshittery.

Should maybe also calm down on the Haruki's hate, i feel like you take it too seriously. Haruki is just a teenager with raging hormons. Being a teenager is already bond to have illogicals behaviors but it's even worse when you combine with the horny.

Don't know Aya get pass on that one for you when she does the same thing as Haruki have done aka checking the phone, not do mention the humiliation she has done to Haruki.

I do feel like some should really stop to compare behaviors of characters to another because they're all the same. Yeah Haruki might have done some shits but so does Aya, Mochida and Sei.

Seriously why does nobody read a little bit better into this chapter? It showcases that why Aya & Haruki's relationship turned into what we see right now! Aya uncounciosly hated the fact that Haruki was together with other women (those two girls) which is one of the reasons she put on clothes that she knew Haruki likes in chapter 4 (look at the picture on Haruki's smartphone in the same chapter the girl in it has a similar pullover) and now with Mochida instead of going with her as she promised yet she was the one who ran away from Haruki and she still wants Haruki to go after by telling her what she is going to be for Sei! As for Haruki after reading this chapter read chapter 8 again it shows when her thoughts formed "Aya no longer wants me in her life and there is nothing I can do!" in this chapter Mochida received a pat on her head and realized she just wanted attention not love from her male teacher! Who received a pat on her head from Aya after she made the entrance exams for her school they are in now and came to her own conclusion? That's right Haruki!

Guys being a teen can be hard because you don't understand the difference between lust and love very cleary going through puberty can be a shitty thing! The fact that Haruki stops herself again also shows that she is not as lust driven as everyone thinks she is!

I hate the fact that everybody calls Haruki twisted on liking her pathetic face at the end of chapter 8 YET TOTALLY IGNORES THAT SHE MAKES THE EXACT SAME PATHETIC FACE AS WELL IN THE SAME PAGE NO LESS!

Sei X Mochida is something that I saw coming a longtime ago the creator even left you multiple hints! Mochida guessed correctly that Sei wouldn't want a longterm relationship with Aya which sparked Sei's interest in Mochida!

EDIT: Why did Sei grow an interest in Mochida? Well because she realized that Mochida is the same as her and not really interested in the male teach!

Look at those bonus pages that are released seperatly from the manga those for Vol. 2 (you have to buy the same volume many times just for the different pages)! There is one where Kindergarten Aya asks Mocchi what she would think about being Kindergarten Sei's favourite child and kid Mocchi immediately turns red and fantasises about it! Then there is two pages of Kindergarten Sei watching Aya & Haruki having a fight and both times she imagines them having sex together yes you read correct Sei is a Aya x Haruki shipper! Then there are those colored pages where Sei imagines what her life would be like if Aya was a student of hers! At first I thought that it was a potential Sakai foreshadowing then came chapter 13 which revelead that Mochida would have been in the same school as Aya and Haruki and because she in her perspective made a bad decission but instead of accepting that she made a mistake she vented it out on Aya & Haruki YES MOCHIDA SAW THE NAKED PICTURE OF AYA AND MANIPULATED HARUKI!

At this point I hope Haruki talks with her parents tells them that she is a lesbian. After this she calls Sei and tells her she Aya and Mochida should meet in front of Sei's school and reveals that she recorded Sei's confession at the cafe! (you know that bag she was holding hope it had a microphone) Then she explains herself properly to Aya hands her her smartphone (in front of Sei and Mochida) then walks out of her life!

last edited at Feb 21, 2021 3:27AM

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

rofl this is something else
I'm liking it

Es1-3muwmamw-fl
joined Dec 20, 2014

woah i really like that aya transformation
story got my attention again. looking forward to more trainwreck

Matsurimizusawa2
joined Sep 27, 2020

What a fun catastrophe this is.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Humiliation kink now unlocked.

LMFAO

Oh wait no, it was just RP. I laughed so hard at that line. xD

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

As dark as this was at times, it also gave some hope for a better ending to it all. Not that I would trust this series to get there anytime soon, though, if at all.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Haruki: "It feels like I'm doing something really messed up."

LOL Ya think?

I'm usually not a fan of emotional-trainwreck yuri, but I'm kinda loving this one. I just hope the "who's a good person" readers don't blow a gasket trying to identify the admirable moral center character in this situation.

(❋⊙‿⊙❋)
Blastaar-san, did I mention that you write the bestest posts? 'cause you do.

To reply you must either login or sign up.