Forum › Stretch discussion

Bayonettamachinekill
joined Apr 8, 2013

Later on Ran is sick it's not normal to drop things constantly, Keiko saw her only as a daughter she never had, the end....and there goes my yuri...strap under a 14 chain mess....I must breath...and think this is just subtext and move on...and accept anything coming up...anything. Must expect the worse to get the worse right...

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 9:48AM

Bayonettamachinekill
joined Apr 8, 2013

expecting dark chapter next like the het one...

Omgod me too...

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

And nobody believed me back in August when I said Ran had conscious feelings for Keiko. So now wait, the bait seems to be accepted, and it's time for the drama to come! LOL

Joking aside, I think the point of the story up till now was that Keiko wanted something she couldn't have so she tried to fill the void with something else. I think that what she's been trying to replace all the time, be it with her teen sex or a child from her ex, is a parental love she's lacking so much from her mother.

This is why despite being such a hard Keiko x Ran shipper, what I'm really afraid of is that Ran might be no different for Keiko too - merely filling the void. Ran just happens to be such a cute and spoiled brat, almost like a daughter whom Keiko can take care of, educate her as in "do the chores right", etc.
In contrast, Ran appears to love Keiko in a far more erotic and sexual way. And Keiko's clearly not yet honest with her sexual desires, if she has any at all... We had a number of hints that she does like Ran in that way too, but she's not ready to accept it now, I think. And we also know her ex was someone she loved from the bottom of her heart for the first time in her life. And he still loves her, after more than 6 months of their break-up. Somehow all this reminds me the Aoi Hana plot...

Anyway, if Akili is a good writer (and I have got no indication he's not up till now), these problematic areas have to be resolved and get a proper closure. How will Keiko's mother respond to her daughter coming out as gay? Will it help to make up the two or will separate them further? How would Keiko react to the latter? Is this where Keiko will try to experiment with her sexuality and try to meet her ex? And how would Ran's family react? So much good drama ahead...

So let's enjoy Ran and Keiko being so cute together for now ^__^ Besides their one-year anniversary and the white day are approaching!

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Best chapter yet... that definitely need a yuri tag, even though it would spoil the suprise.

joined Mar 28, 2014

The thing about Ran's gayness before this chapter is that she had no interest in men and she was attached to Keiko, am i the only one that thinks this is not enough to say she wants a piece of that Keiko? She could very well not feel like committing to a relationship at all
What i wanted was just one chapter, one simple chapter before this one that was being more honest with itself instead of baiting, hell, we kinda got that with Keiko admitting that Ran was probably her first love, i just wanted a little moment of Ran thinking more dearly about Keiko without it being fanservice for us readers

Well, there was 'jealousy' back in high school, there were phrases like "you're way cooler, senpai" during a mixer, there was that "doesn't matter now that I'm here" phrase in Prologue, there was intentional erotic teasing during stretching, there was that phone conversation between the two during the earthquake.
This gradually has grown in the recent chapters to an indirect kiss, indirect confession (when calling mum before the New Year) and an instant bullet train to her worried beloved one. These last two were already a very clear message to the readers that Ran's gay for Keiko. I think they count fairly well for Ran thinking dearly about Keiko without any fan service at all.
You could say it's nothing but yuri goggling. To me, however, Ran's genuine happiness for getting chocolate in return, regardless honmei or giri, said more about her feelings towards Keiko than her 'confession' in the last two pages.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

OH GODDAMN IT JUST MAKE OUT ALREADY YOU DORKS

Bayonettamachinekill
joined Apr 8, 2013

And nobody believed me back in August when I said Ran had conscious feelings for Keiko. So now wait, the bait seems to be accepted, and it's time for the drama to come! LOL

Joking aside, I think the point of the story up till now was that Keiko wanted something she couldn't have so she tried to fill the void with something else. I think that what she's been trying to replace all the time, be it with her teen sex or a child from her ex, is a parental love she's lacking so much from her mother.

This is why despite being such a hard Keiko x Ran shipper, what I'm really afraid of is that Ran might be no different for Keiko too - merely filling the void. Ran just happens to be such a cute and spoiled brat, almost like a daughter whom Keiko can take care of, educate her as in "do the chores right", etc.
In contrast, Ran appears to love Keiko in a far more erotic and sexual way. And Keiko's clearly not yet honest with her sexual desires, if she has any at all... We had a number of hints that she does like Ran in that way too, but she's not ready to accept it now, I think. And we also know her ex was someone she loved from the bottom of her heart for the first time in her life. And he still loves her, after more than 6 months of their break-up. Somehow all this reminds me the Aoi Hana plot...

Anyway, if Akili is a good writer (and I have got no indication he's not up till now), these problematic areas have to be resolved and get a proper closure. How will Keiko's mother respond to her daughter coming out as gay? Will it help to make up the two or will separate them further? How would Keiko react to the latter? Is this where Keiko will try to experiment with her sexuality and try to meet her ex? And how would Ran's family react? So much good drama ahead...

So let's enjoy Ran and Keiko being so cute together for now ^__^ Besides their one-year anniversary and the white day are approaching!

I'm not looking foward to the ex at all...maybe they get back together and adopt ran....That's what I can expect from this author...nothing more.

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 10:58AM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

OH GODDAMN IT JUST MAKE OUT ALREADY YOU DORKS

Your avatar matches your comment lol.

joined Mar 28, 2014

I'm not looking foward to the ex at all...maybe they get back together and adopt ran....That's what I can expect from this author...nothing more.

yes, because stretching is more exciting when there are more people involved! Why not add Saki to their happy family too btw?

oh... come to think about it, Saki x Keiko's ex could be a nice match!

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 11:10AM

10930931_1572484072967796_9102248557687339195_n
joined Jan 4, 2014

No no no no let me fantasize for a while....They were so cute, my heart is gonna fall off. OMG i'm gonna die (((( Please love us, Shou sensei.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Honestly, the develop was so unbelievable, that i half expected some guys mistranslated it....

AGHHH. ... can't believe that the half-canon shipping is going to come true!!

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

yes, because stretching is more exciting when there are more people involved! Why not add Saki to their happy family too btw?

oh... come to think about it, Saki x Keiko's ex could be a nice match!

Haha yes Saki should go catch Keiko's ex so that we don't have to worry about him =D

Edit :
Personally I would like it to stay a slow paced slice of life with small piece of hint instead of having an overdose of drama or huge change like Keiko getting back with her ex all of a sudden or things like that... Hope Shou keep it how he did since the begining. Not that I'm really worried, I don't think he will do that.

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 12:13PM

10930931_1572484072967796_9102248557687339195_n
joined Jan 4, 2014

Where can I download raw version of Stretch? I want to look at that Honmei Chocolate deeply, staring at it.

joined Aug 23, 2013

Was this the last chapter? Because I would be okay if this would be.

It's the kind of chocolate you give to your special someone
yeah, yeah, mine too

How on Earth is this not yuri? Show, I expect you prepared some special kind of torture for those, who are waiting for yuri. I think you are still upset about Prism and you'll have revenge on yuri fans.

sleeping in, because Ran is to cute to wake her up
No, it's not yuri. I'm deluding myself here. It's perfectly normal for two college girls to share a bed on valentines day and hugging in bed. Yes, this isn't romantic in the slightest bit.

Park%20stroll
joined Nov 5, 2014

Ripped off my yuri goggles at the last part like... I don't need no goggles to see that yuri gently screaming in my face.

Also, their facial expressions to things are priceless. And that Keiko blush.

joined Nov 2, 2013

I thought it was another April Fool's joke.

...still mad about that...

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 2:18PM

249670-ryuunosuke_large
joined Mar 21, 2013

Well, I can die happy now.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Does anybody other than me think that Ran wasn't actually intending to confess to Keiko at first? I mean, she had the chocolates in a bag, which implies that it was going to be a bit more proper, but then she decides to serve them with a drink instead. That sort of concealing of intention implies that she was just going to give them to her "as a friend" to me... But then Keiko goes out of her way to eat the spilled chocolate, gives her some chocolate of her own, and they even end up sharing a futon - Ran probably just grabbed the opportunity. So the seeming suddenness of the confession would be completely understandable.

The thing about Ran's gayness before this chapter is that she had no interest in men and she was attached to Keiko, am i the only one that thinks this is not enough to say she wants a piece of that Keiko? She could very well not feel like committing to a relationship at all

I agree with Random Reader, Ran's been dropping hints here and there for some time now. The problem is that as fellow yuri fans, we are aware that it's not being marketed as a yuri series, and so write it all off as subtext: it's ironic, since we're the ones picking up the evidence, but rationally discard it as well to save our poor little hearts from being broken. (Well, I was still convinced that Ran was gay though.) And of course we don't know how the characters really feel - we never have, Shou has never had them talk about it or show how they feel about the matter. That ambiguity is natural for anybody of any gender or sexual orientation who's not prone to gushing over their crushes.

my main concern is about the future of the series considering how this chapter arrived "suddenly" as i've said myself and also how quickly the miscarriage meta-plot got dumped with a single chapter explaining everything that we needed to know after months of buildup, i just want Shou to not rush the development of their relationship in order to appease the yuri fans

Pretty darn sure that the miscarriage subplot didn't get dumped, but just placed on the back boiler. This whole thing - Ran's confession - is probably going to force Keiko to face her past and her feelings for Ran and her ex, and then there will have to be a confrontation of some sort. At least that's what I think. :/

What do you mean by that? There's nothing about Shou's reputation that suggests that's going to happen - he's famous for doing a series featuring a happy and explicitly lesbian couple, so I'd think it actually works the other way round... The ex seems like he'll serve as a point of conflict, but I doubt that it will be clear-cut he-shows-up-and-gets-back-together-with-Keiko situation. There would be absolutely no point to Ran's storyline then. No, they're gonna go for the drama, and lots of it. It makes more sense from both a storytelling and commercial point of view.

Edit: restored. Thanks, takachi!

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 4:21PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

What do you mean by that? There's nothing about Shou's reputation that suggests that's going to happen - he's famous for doing a series featuring a happy and explicitly lesbian couple, so I'd think it actually works the other way round... The ex seems like he'll serve as a point of conflict, but I doubt that it will be clear-cut he-shows-up-and-gets-back-together-with-Keiko situation. There would be absolutely no point to Ran's storyline then. No, they're gonna go for the drama, and lots of it. It makes more sense from both a storytelling and commercial point of view.

I don't agree with the "lots of drama point", there may be drama but ultra diluted in all the slice of life thing. If not I might be a little bit disappointed >.>

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think the purpose of the ex, in storytelling terms, was to serve as a catalyst for starting to act on her feelings towards Keiko. As I've noted before, even way back when the two of them were at the mixer together, Ran was surrounded by guys but doing her best to gross them out and push them away. I'd say at that point she hadn't fully come to terms with her feelings, but they were influencing her enough to keep her single and available.

The ex telling his story, or rather his story about Keiko, was what flipped the switch and put Ran into active mode. If the ex show up again, I expect it'll be in the context of Keiko putting her past to rest rather than to get back together with him again.

Best case scenario, she tells the ex she has someone new in her life.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

^^Dammit nez you got the 1337'th comment, nez leet confirmed.

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 4:15PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

^^Dammit nez you got the 1337'th comment, nez leet confirmed.

w3rD.

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

In contrast, Ran appears to love Keiko in a far more erotic and sexual way.

On the other hand we don't know anything about Ran's love-life. She seems to have had a crush on Keiko in high school already, (Jealous when Keiko brags about her boyfriend http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch10#14 )

Now she has Keiko where she wants her, but maybe not the faintest idea what to do next.

Was this the last chapter? Because I would be okay if this would be.

次回更新は2014/12/11です
see:
http://yawaspi.com/stretch/index.html

I would not. I want them to kiss (at least)

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 5:09PM

joined Aug 19, 2012

I don't believe that just happened. It's just a translation error right?

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

I don't believe that just happened. It's just a translation error right?

Too bad, it's nowhere near April Fools' and I can read Japanese, and so can tell you there's nothing wrong with the translation. ;)

To reply you must either login or sign up.