Forum › I Favor the Villainess discussion

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Tsundere Claire is nice, but I honestly prefer the Dere version of her here.

Icon3
joined Dec 17, 2017

Finished the light novel (vol1) of this yesterday, and it's really nice. So glad the author ended up involved in a manga. One of the few yuri stories that even mention the word "homosexual".

I wonder how long it'll take until we'll see the boyish Manaria in the manga. She certainly will be fun :)

Profile_picture_by_theyurireviewer-d5lqbnw_(4)
joined Mar 24, 2013

Just finished vol 1. Vol 2 comes out in february! Can’t wait!

__fujiwara_no_mokou_and_houraisan_kaguya_touhou_drawn_by_ootsuki_wataru__abfa356e1066a80ad94144d78ad40e5f%20-%20copia
joined Sep 22, 2019

Man, the latest development of the WN really make you see this early parts of the story in a new light. Not an entirelly pleasant one either, although that is just my subjective opinion.

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

Man, the latest development of the WN really make you see this early parts of the story in a new light. Not an entirelly pleasant one either, although that is just my subjective opinion.

What do you mean? I don't read the novel version.

joined Aug 8, 2020

Please use spoiler tags if you're going to talk about events yet to be uploaded here.

Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

I must say though, as villains Claire and her cohorts are about as threatening as Team Rocket (the anime one).

Which also makes the idea that Claire's previous maids have all quit on her seem a bit hard to believe, unless there is more to her character that we havent seen yet

__fujiwara_no_mokou_and_houraisan_kaguya_touhou_drawn_by_ootsuki_wataru__abfa356e1066a80ad94144d78ad40e5f%20-%20copia
joined Sep 22, 2019

Warning! Serious spoilers here!
The MC is not actually Oohashi Rei, she only thinks she is. The original Rei is basically a god that administers humanity, but she is going to try and kill everyone very soon, because her love for Claire is wearing off. Because of that, an AI that Claire created in the first Timeloop made a bunch of copies of Rei in an attempt to ceate a replacement administrator. The MC is the best of this copies and as such was put in this place at the star of the timeloop. This is also why some Rei look-a-likes will appear in the future. They are failed copies of the OG Rei that were given a place in the world.

The MC is not actually Oohashi Rei, she only thinks she is. The original Rei is basically a god that administers humanity, but she is going to try and kill everyone very soon, because her love for Claire is wearing off. Because of that, an AI that Claire created in the first Timeloop made a bunch of copies of Rei in an attempt to ceate a replacement administrator. The MC is the best of this copies and as such was put in this place at the star of the timeloop. This is also why some Rei look-a-likes will appear in the future. They are failed copies of the OG Rei that were given a place in the world.

what the fuck

Guess I'm dropping this, then.

Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

Didn't read any of these spoilers but y'all are making me really worried

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Don't worry, not everyone who read the spoilers shared by Shador is gonna follow Anjelika's example.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I have no plans to drop this even after reading the spoilers. Sounds fun.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Those spoilers sound insane. Then again, I kinda felt like the WN ought to have ended after the first arc, since it was a largely self-contained, well-planned story with decent developments and resolutions. Arc 2 never quite cut it for me, but if the spoilers hold true, then it might be worth reading, if only because they basically sound like edgy, trippy fanfic written by the author themselves, which could either make a brilliant change of pace or a beautiful trainwreck.

Holy shit those spoilers actually sound to me, like a pretty cool wild ride, makes me wanna pick up the web novel again. Man wonder if the manga will ever make it to that (kinda doubt, but it would be neat). Hope they release more light novels containing alla that.

joined Jul 1, 2018

Holy shit those spoilers actually sound to me, like a pretty cool wild ride, makes me wanna pick up the web novel again. Man wonder if the manga will ever make it to that (kinda doubt, but it would be neat). Hope they release more light novels containing alla that.

Took a break from the WN around ch. 180 because reading it once it’s done would take away that painful feeling of waiting for what’s next, but from what I’m hearing, it seems like it gets even more interesting??

Also, I’m guessing the manga would cover the first story, though at its pace it’ll be a while before it gets there. I’m just glad that it sounds like it hasn’t been axed.

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

Whoa, okay, that sounds pretty cool to be honest but also not in line with I was expecting from this.

Then answer me this too because is basically the main reason I'm reading it: is there any yuri/romantic element still going in the WN? A simple yes/no will suffice.

last edited at Dec 29, 2020 8:08PM

Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

Again, didn't read any of the spoilere stuff but rather concerning that someone needs to ask if there's still romance in the future of this story...

last edited at Jan 5, 2021 11:39PM

joined Sep 22, 2019

Whoa, okay, that sounds pretty cool to be honest but also not in line with I was expecting from this.

Then answer me this too because is basically the main reason I'm reading it: is there any yuri/romantic element still going in the WN? A simple yes/no will suffice.

Oh yes, it's still a central theme. It's just that the main pairing narrative arc is more or less finished, so the romantic elements take a backseat in plot-heavy chapters.

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

Chapter 6 already up on mangadex

WhatDidSheSayyyyyyy? o.O

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

If this ever gets an anime, Claire has to be voiced by Hikasa Youko PLEASE.

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

Rei over here playing 5d chess

Still need to get around to reading the LN too...

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

In case anyone was wondering, that cliffhanger was not in the original web novel lol not that it goes anywhere either way

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Ok uh...all I can start off is: What kind of bullshit fanfic bad writing is that?! Doesn't that ruin the ENTIRE point of this series in that it's a Isekai based on a (Fictional for us) game where the main character wants to romance the Villainess character instead of any of the boys? EDIT: Annnnd I just noticed you mentioned "copies", "Claire making AI", and "timeloops"...when did this turn into a Sci-fi story? On another note

Oh yes, it's still a central theme. It's just that the main pairing narrative arc is more or less finished, so the romantic elements take a backseat in plot-heavy chapters.

Doesn't that mean the entire point of this series is pretty much secondary to the world instead? What's the point of the main viewpoint (Main character isekai'd to romance Villainess) if they are just in the end gonna focus more on the world and leave the main characters's relationship to be sidelined?

last edited at Feb 9, 2021 10:45AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

What the heck? That sounds really bad. Like someone wrote a bad fanfic. What they were thinking?

To reply you must either login or sign up.