Forum › Stretch discussion

Elmo
joined Jan 23, 2014

Yeees! Now we're getting somewhere...

Tumblr_npkmdbqiwy1s7m7t3o1_1280
joined Jul 21, 2013

I just realised that in the last page, last panel... Don't you guys see Ran's leg crosses over to Keiko's....? Or maybe I'm just being too hopeful....

joined Jul 5, 2014

I just realised that in the last page, last panel... Don't you guys see Ran's leg crosses over to Keiko's....? Or maybe I'm just being too hopeful....

They're definitely spooning :3
Maybe they'll be forking soon.

last edited at Nov 26, 2014 9:44PM

Tumblr_npkmdbqiwy1s7m7t3o1_1280
joined Jul 21, 2013

with lots of spaghetti tangled...

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

God knows what'll come after considering how stretchy they are

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

...I have achieved enlightenment...
It really is transcendental overbait...it has ascended too far and reached into the antibait zone!
We were all "but it's so yuri" at start when it wasn't, and now we're all "but it's still not yuri yet" when it totally is!
Everyone went into reverse mode and didn't even notice!

Shou has baited us so much that we cannot be sure if it is teasing or canon anymore! Damn you Shou, you overlord baiter you!!

Of course everything I just said is probably moot. As rejuvenated as I feel at the moment, I'm sure next chapter we'll be back to square 2.

This is what we've been saying for the past few chapters and Shou has only amped up the bait. Maybe, just maaayybee Lord Baiter Shou will take mercy on us and gives us a kiss. sobs

Or Shou will just kill us with a Het chap

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think best case from our point of view is instead of a het chapter we get Keiko meeting her ex and giving him proper closure, and telling him that she's with someone right now. And we all know who that someone is, although I could see her stringing Ran on a bit just to get back at her for all the teasing over the past year.

joined Apr 13, 2012

oh god, i had given on this (though i was still reading it because it's good nonetheless)... my heart huuuurts, i totally ship them but... but, i don't know...

9a905fe6a22b0201f7ade2de48a73f8d
joined Jan 22, 2014

Funny I though the logical tools to follow up were the scissors... 3< >3

They ARE both blushing on the second to last page, right? And guys, I feel sorry for Prism, but I already liked Stretch better at chapter 3 ... So all's well, that ends well.

joined Jul 5, 2014

Funny I though the logical tools to follow up were the scissors... 3< >3

They ARE both blushing on the second to last page, right? And guys, I feel sorry for Prism, but I already liked Stretch better at chapter 3 ... So all's well, that ends well.

Oh God no, please not the scissors. >_<

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

This is why I love reading the comments. XDDDDD

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Oh, goodness, I never thought that this would ever happen. And certainly not this soon, after all that baiting in previous chapters... But yes, this definitely steps way over the teasing line: Ran wouldn't joke about the chocolates being 本命, nor would she have reacted like that to Keiko's half-hearted (?) "Yeah, yeah, mine too."

Ahh, I'm glad to be alive.

And that last panel killed me. I didn't notice it while reading, but wow, you can really see what's going on once you look... ^^

last edited at Nov 26, 2014 11:24PM

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

.......INTERNALLY SCREAMING BECAUSE THIS AUTHOR IS TEASING US SO MUCH.....

DO THEY LIKE EACH OTHER OR IS IT PLATONIC?!!!!!

breathes out ok

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

breathes out ok

Do Japanese women ever give out Honmei Choco to really close friends?

joined Jul 5, 2014

breathes out ok

Do Japanese women ever give out Honmei Choco to really close friends?

Honmei choco (本命チョコ?, literally, "true feeling chocolate") in Japan is chocolate given by women on Valentine's day to men whom the giver has romantic feelings for. This is often given to husbands, boyfriends, and prospective boyfriends.

Stolen from Wikipedia, hopefully this is the case! :3

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

omg finally SOME PROGRESS !!!

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Alright if we take a moment to calm down the OMFG FCKN YRI ITS YRI I SWR ITS YRI ITS RYT THR FCKN CNN(well that's what I'm doin anyway), if this does keep developing like this, it would be one of the most fully-developed and real Yuri stories we've seen in a while.

No gay until graduation. No super weird circumstances pushing the girls towards other girls rather than guys. No sudden super insane life-changing experience.

Just plain romance. Slow, sweet, well-rounded and fully-developed romance.

Nothing wrong with the above circumstances, but there are so few stories in general in the world of a couple of girls (or guys) simply falling in love because they did. Not because something weird pushed them away from being "normal/straight"

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

These stretching position are very sexy looks at page 3

And that bottom right panel of page 6...

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Alright if we take a moment to calm down the OMFG FCKN YRI ITS YRI I SWR ITS YRI ITS RYT THR FCKN CNN(well that's what I'm doin anyway), if this does keep developing like this, it would be one of the most fully-developed and real Yuri stories we've seen in a while.

No gay until graduation. No super weird circumstances pushing the girls towards other girls rather than guys. No sudden super insane life-changing experience.

Just plain romance. Slow, sweet, well-rounded and fully-developed romance.

Nothing wrong with the above circumstances, but there are so few stories in general in the world of a couple of girls (or guys) simply falling in love because they did. Not because something weird pushed them away from being "normal/straight"

I do hope you're right on the slow part though, 'cause as glorious as it is this chapter seems like it came kinda out of nowhere, i'm slightly under the impression that Shou-chan's burdened by the yuri demand for this manga, it looked like he was just riding along with it with all the teasing and whatnot but this was kind of a huge jump, actually reminding me of the chapter from awhile back where the once mysterious miscarriage of Keiko just got explained to our faces in one chapter that came out of nowhere just like that, and that was just before the baiting began to sail full steam ahead

tl;dr, i hope he doesn't fuck anything up by rushing the relationship

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

"Out of nowhere?"

During the whole manga run we've seen hints here and there about Ran not having the slightest interest and guys and being very attached to Keiko, she confessing is the natural route for her character.

Keiko on the other hand has been very reserved, but still showing a lot of concern over Ran. While not that attached to Ran as Ran is to her, she's also very protective of her. Putting aside any hopes for they ending in a relationship this chapter is just the natural evolution of their characters.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

What i mean is we went from simple teasing that was more aimed to the readers than anything else and we went directly to confession with blushing and hugging in their sleep, i felt like some transition were missed, and sure they were attached but that bit requires some yuri goggles, i've been as attached to some of my friends without feeling anything beyond friendship towards them

Well it's probably sounding like i don't believe in their relationship, i do though, it's just a matter of flow to reach this one chapter

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 1:10AM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

What is important here is to determine what are you looking for, as I mentioned before Ran is without a doubt, gay. Therefore, this series now qualifies as yuri into my eyes. Ran's just acting exactly how someone with lots of confidence acts towards their crush: confessing. If anything, this is one of the most realistic and healthy depictions of a relationship that I've ever seen.

Of course, whether her confession leads to a relationship with Keiko or not is another thing completely (just like in real life).

joined Nov 30, 2011

I don't know Kyonne, Ran seems to have had feelings for Keiko for quite some time. This is about as close to a confession as we can get right now because we only have one blurb. I am cautiously optimistic that Ran will start being more open with Keiko if she really, truly does have romantic feelings for Keiko (which I personally think she does as she is the most open about them it seems). I agree with Dark T., this seems like the logical step for Ran to take while Keiko on the other hand, has been far more reserved when it comes to Ran. If anything, I think Keiko might possibly make a more... errr... serious statement about how she feels about Ran down the line somewhere because most of what we know about them comes through what they say to each other and their friends. We see very little about what they're actually thinking like more stories do with the thought bubbles so it's basically a wait and see. However, that snuggling at the end though..... awesome. Fist Pumps

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

The thing about Ran's gayness before this chapter is that she had no interest in men and she was attached to Keiko, am i the only one that thinks this is not enough to say she wants a piece of that Keiko? She could very well not feel like committing to a relationship at all
What i wanted was just one chapter, one simple chapter before this one that was being more honest with itself instead of baiting, hell, we kinda got that with Keiko admitting that Ran was probably her first love, i just wanted a little moment of Ran thinking more dearly about Keiko without it being fanservice for us readers

But like i said a few pages back, this chapter was glorious and i am happy with it, could be happier, but still happy, my main concern is about the future of the series considering how this chapter arrived "suddenly" as i've said myself and also how quickly the miscarriage meta-plot got dumped with a single chapter explaining everything that we needed to know after months of buildup, i just want Shou to not rush the development of their relationship in order to appease the yuri fans, hell, i'll even give him the kudos for still not sealing the deal in this chapter, just a little worry of mine and also to see what you guys think about it

To reply you must either login or sign up.