Forum › Sweet Gap discussion

joined Nov 7, 2017

Im soo tired of the trope of people falling in love instantly. Thats not how it works. Im not gonna care about the story with no proper build up.

Actually there were some studies done on attraction and it was found that Humans tend to figure it out within the first 3 or so seconds whether they're mildly, intensely or not attracted to a person at all.

Love... Love is an ephemeral concept that can't really be pinned down. But compatibility... Our cross-wired little monkey brains tend to figure out whether we 'think' we're in love pretty easy too. Add to that, the fact that our social norms and taboos are informed by the media of the era... Well of course we fall in love at first sight. We're conditioned to think all the biological responses we have upon looking at someone equate to love, hate or indifference.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Again, this is from hentai magazine. What do you guys expect? :/
Something as deep as Monmusu quest?

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

This series is actually finished and it's really confusing per se. I asked someone else to keep translating it because the japanese has lots of slang and you can't really understand the context... meh
Still, this should have a comedy tag

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Oops, I didn't notice the NSFW tag. Surprise, boobs!
I'm not sure which was more random, the sex scene or the lonely single page after it cutting back to the school girl stuff.

joined Jan 5, 2018

sweet this gonna be interesting also come on girl what did ya expect her to say yes she does not even know you XD

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Im soo tired of the trope of people falling in love instantly. Thats not how it works. Im not gonna care about the story with no proper build up.

Actually there were some studies done on attraction and it was found that Humans tend to figure it out within the first 3 or so seconds whether they're mildly, intensely or not attracted to a person at all.

Love... Love is an ephemeral concept that can't really be pinned down. But compatibility... Our cross-wired little monkey brains tend to figure out whether we 'think' we're in love pretty easy too. Add to that, the fact that our social norms and taboos are informed by the media of the era... Well of course we fall in love at first sight. We're conditioned to think all the biological responses we have upon looking at someone equate to love, hate or indifference.

That is called infatuation, not love. Love takes time and it takes patience. You for sure can be attracted to someone you just met but what about their personality? What about how they're gonna be long term? Considering the girl in this story has not dated at all until she got the ok from her sister, that is most definitely the case here.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

I understand the title now... Sweet Gap...

trippity trip trip

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

That is called infatuation, not love. Love takes time and it takes patience. You for sure can be attracted to someone you just met but what about their personality? What about how they're gonna be long term? Considering the girl in this story has not dated at all until she got the ok from her sister, that is most definitely the case here.

Haha, you two made me remember the movie Imagine Me & You. ^_^
Piper Perabo was like all the movie preaching the gospel of "slow love" and claiming she was a shining example -- as she had fallen in love with her male best friend reeeeeeally slowly: she had needed a lot of time to learn to love him, while being just buddy-buddies for many years!
Eventually, near the end of the movie, she admitted that she was actually in love with Lena Headey, whom she had met only a few weeks ago... and that she had realized she loved her about 3 seconds after seeing her for the first time.

joined Jul 26, 2016

That is called infatuation, not love. Love takes time and it takes patience.

Sounds to me like you're getting the emotion and the social relationship mixed up here tbh.

You for sure can be attracted to someone you just met but what about their personality? What about how they're gonna be long term? Considering the girl in this story has not dated at all until she got the ok from her sister, that is most definitely the case here.

Last I checked powerful emotions like "love" were infamously indifferent to the kinds of rational considerations you're talking about here... Which, of course, is why they're such an inexhaustible source of drama both real and fictional.

70420323_p4_master1200-min
joined Dec 28, 2018

i dont care about all the rushing i want more of thissssss thirsty breathing

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The sex came out of the blue. It wasn't necessary at all.

Salama
joined Jun 11, 2015

Look, it may have progressed very quickly, but I really liked it. The character designs I think are excellent, and it was a fun read! I'm looking forward to read more!

So any idea of when the next chapter is going to be?

joined Jul 23, 2017

Awts it stopped so long

Image_2022-09-26_131945697
joined Jan 8, 2021

Today's the 18th... but for some reason this was released on the 19th? Oh well.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The sex came out of left field, but whatever floats their boat.

I understand why it probably got axed.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The sex parts are very random and serve really no purpose other than having sex scene honestly.

Shigure%20beach
joined Oct 18, 2017

I dont really get why people are complaining. Sure, the sex is a little out of place but it provides the titillation to balance with the rampant fluffiness of the main pair's budding... relationship.

I think it works out quite well.

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Woohoo! New chapter

20200827_004119
joined Jan 3, 2017

Wow, a chapter a year?

A3974806713_10
joined Sep 23, 2019

OH MY GOD?????? FINALLY???

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Mihaya and Yorino are yuri gold.

joined Jun 7, 2019

dude, the girl with glasses looks a lot like adachi without them
that is so weird

joined May 24, 2014

Wow, a chapter a year?

The author does more het than yuri, so expect another update in a year or two

To reply you must either login or sign up.