Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Getting regular flu in covid world sucks so hard.

As someone who also has anger issues, you should definitely look into anger management methods. It'll help a lot. I lucked out (if you can call getting in trouble for getting bullied because of shitty no-tolerance policies lucky) and got transferred into a private school focused on anger management when I was in the fourth or fifth grade and it helped a shit load. Though not all methods work for all people either so you should try to find what works for you in particular.

You definitely lucked out. I've always have to deal with it on my own. Back then was nothing but negative responses and punishments, nowadays I just try to not lash out at other people since it's usually not their fault and play something that requires focus to get rid of all that...or any violent media works too.

These idiots have no sense of irony or self-awareness. They complain about BLM and Antifa protests which at worst resulted in the Portland courthouse getting graffitied and yet when it comes down to it, they do far worse. Trump supporters went on for four years about how Clinton lost and the left needs to get over it. Their favorite fascist lost and they try to mount an insurrection over it. I have exactly zero respect left for anyone who calls themselves a Republican at this point.

Yeah, it's a waste of time to try to reason with people with cognitive dissonance. I really wanted to try to make these idiots see this failed millionaire doesn't care about them but it's just frustrating.
This shit concerns me because anything that happens in the US may or may not have a direct effect in my country. We use the dollar after all.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/86775169
Hololive Marine x Rushia

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

From an outsider perspective, that's able to see the both unfiltered sides of the US at their worst and best, seeing all of these just makes my head hurt... I hope it gets resolved quickly, I stopped watching like 10 youtube channels because they turned super politic, apparently bait titles about politics is a very good source of money, feeding from the enraged people that can't realize that they're killing themselves by ingesting more and more poison every day.

Edit: Of course, is not good to be indifferent to what's happening to your country, but the constant "Let's what the other side is doing today... Ugghh!!" this .. is really bad for your health!

Edit2: Marine x Rushia is good for your health !

last edited at Jan 8, 2021 9:12AM

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Here's a picture of Barbara and Fischl? Genshin Impact Barbara x Fischl? Ecchi. I think the hands belong to Fischl since they match what she wears on them. The only other electro female would be Keqing (or Lisa but the gloves don't match hers).

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nice elemental burst up there...

Yuri mangas that aren't here! a list to fill your 2021 with fresh stuff

I Can't Focus on Class With My Idol Next to Me! https://mangadex.org/title/59241/oshi-ga-tonari-de-jugyou-ni-shuuchuu-dekinai (this is on the site actually...but comes with unexpected yandere!)

Futari Escape (scarce yuri warning) https://mangadex.org/title/52027/futari-escape

Dat poledancing manga from the creator of HArukana REceive https://mangadex.org/title/52244/silver-pole-flowers

Tsubame tip off (basket sports) https://mangadex.org/title/43835/tsubame-tip-off

About a dumb hentai girl and her seiso friend (super funny) https://mangadex.org/title/33104/yuugai-shitei-doukyuusei

This might not be yuri but it has Giant (small) robots and cute girls https://mangadex.org/title/45627/hg-ni-koisuru-futari

last edited at Jan 8, 2021 10:47PM

@OrangePekoe

I think Kirin said it best quite a few posts ago

I'm not starting a debate about this because it'll inevitably spiral out of control and get shut down

I'm not sure why the discussion continued afterwards.

The discussion continued afterwards because Kirin started a debate about it before immediately saying that they would not start a debate about it. It was an attempt to get the last word in and make it so that only their viewpoint was heard.

This is not what happened. You were allowed to engage freely with three separate individuals on your points of contention. Your earlier posts were left fully intact, for all to see. I'm quite certain that in this instance, every side was given a "fair" hearing for their views.

It was fine until Alice popped in after the discussion had already reached its natural conclusion, with people actually agreeing, and unnecessarily shut down the topic by endorsing one of the sides of the argument. If she was legitimately interested in ending the discussion, it doesn't make sense to include such an incendiary comment saying that the other side is right (after, I might add, that we managed to come to agreement otherwise). That is what I was disappointed with.

last edited at Jan 9, 2021 10:41AM by

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

It was fine until Alice popped in after the discussion had already reached its natural conclusion, with people actually agreeing, and unnecessarily shut down the topic by endorsing one of the sides of the argument. If she was legitimately interested in ending the discussion, it doesn't make sense to include such an incendiary comment saying that the other side is right (after, I might add, that we managed to come to agreement otherwise). That is what I was disappointed with.

Alice Cheshire never said Kirin was right, only that the Chinese government is shitty. Are you denying this fact about a government that actively silences dissent, strong-arms democratic states like Hong Kong into submission, and has committed systematic genocide? A government that to this very day refuses to acknowledge the sovereignty of Taiwan?

last edited at Jan 9, 2021 10:48AM

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

The discussion continued afterwards because Kirin started a debate about it before immediately saying that they would not start a debate about it. It was an attempt to get the last word in and make it so that only their viewpoint was heard.

My point was that the people who criticize the CCP are not criticizing the Chinese people- indeed, many of their criticisms come from a concern for the safety of said people. You have a problem with this, for reasons best known to yourself, enough that you're willing to drag drama out of a moderated thread and into the Café to justify your... I'm not even sure what to call it at this point.

What exactly is this agreement? As I recall, I backed out because you'd devolved into false equivalencies and generalizations, and the other two posters were someone who only asked one question and Throbelisk. As the post above demonstrates, he isn't exactly on board with your views. So once again, who agreed?

You can advocate your views all you want, because I have genuinely moved past giving a shit, but don't misrepresent users or moderators for your agenda. Your conduct so far has been petulant, disrespectful and dishonest. I regret saying anything about the topic now, because I hadn't believed that any self-respecting user of this forum could sink to such depths.

To everyone who's wondering what the hell's going on and the mods who've had to read through all this, I sincerely apologize. Rest assured that I will not be engaging with posters of this kind again, regardless of what they say, because no arguments I make could ever sway them from their positions.

last edited at Jan 9, 2021 11:01AM

Rest assured that I will not be engaging with posters of this kind again,

Funny, isn't that the third time this conversation that you've said that? Are you sure you don't want to engage a fourth time to continue piling on the insults?

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Rest assured that I will not be engaging with posters of this kind again,

Funny, isn't that the third time this conversation that you've said that? Are you sure you don't want to engage a fourth time to continue piling on the insults?

Let me clarify.

The first time was in context of our debate, the second was in context of your views in general, and the third was not addressed directly to you, but to everyone involved in this shitshow.

There won't be any more after this point. I hope that's clear.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Throbelisk posted:

Alice Cheshire never said Kirin was right, only that the Chinese government is shitty. Are you denying this fact about a government that actively silences dissent, strong-arms democratic states like Hong Kong into submission, and has committed systematic genocide? A government that to this very day refuses to acknowledge the sovereignty of Taiwan?

Yeah, this. I was under the impression that the Chinese government being shitty was kind of a common viewpoint and didn't think my comment of them being shitty was particularly controversial. I always make it a point to disengage from the actual debate happening when I step in as a moderator regardless of my personal views on the subject.

the third was not addressed directly to you, but to everyone involved in this shitshow.

And yet came after two paragraphs addressed directly to me. I can't imagine that will be very convincing of your resolve not to engage with me to third parties.

There won't be any more after this point. I hope that's clear.

Crystal clear. I will be looking forward to the fifth.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Given the deteriorating tenor of discourse, I think both of you had plenty of opportunities after that point to disengage.

Thank you for explaining. Account deletion can take a while, but take care.

Thanks.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Not sure if a forum about Girls' love is the best out of all places inside and outside the internet to seek truth about Politics - - a subject the greatest thinkers have been pondering ever since mankind existed and which has yet to be solved.

I don't mind this kind of discussion here granted everyone remains polite and courteous, but as shown once more, it always ends up degenerating and inflaming. For a debate to go well, the most important requisite is to neither care too much about the others' opinion nor about your own (yes, I said it). A requisite that will not be met anytime you implicitly assume that your personal beliefs are inherently true / morally superior / more valid. Perhaps some users should try taking example from a stance of tolerance and open-mindedness instead of pushing their views onto others. It sure would leave everyone's feeling less hurt at the end of the day.

It may be the nostalgia speaking, but I agree with Roshi710's diagnosis: there have been more social issues-related arguments on the forum, to the point I've become reluctant to open the comment sections of newer chapters. As even a four-page long, super cute reversal story of a maid being seduced by her mistress can now wage an eventually moderated quarrel of dozen of angry users.

TL;DR: chill guys

joined Jul 26, 2016

Personally I just think it's as-such unsurprising spillover from the general tenor of online discourse in general and social media discourse in particular over recent years. And from my purely subjective viewpoint there's been considerable increase in taking offense at something mostly for the sake of taking offense - and that only in the threads I read in the first place, which amount to maybe a third or quarter of the ones in the first few pages of the forum.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Not sure if a forum about Girls' love is the best out of all places inside and outside the internet to seek truth about Politics - - a subject the greatest thinkers have been pondering ever since mankind existed and which has yet to be solved.

While I understand that some people might find political discussions exhausting, I also can't abide the idea of discussions on a forum dedicated to yuri being apolitical. The history of the genre is steeped in politics- if Nobuko Yoshiya didn't take it upon herself to write feminist literature about lesbians at a time when the treatment of women in general and lesbians in particular was terrible, the genre wouldn't exist in its current form. To say that yuri ought to be apolitical is like saying that cyberpunk or a period drama should be apolitical- the very existence of lesbian media in societies that are still largely heteronormative is an act of sociopolitical subversion. And this isn't just me being pedantic about the genre- many of the people who consume yuri are queer themselves, and live in societies that don't acknowledge or respect them- a fact that's reflected in the demographics of this site's userbase. These people could never afford to take politics lightly- not when their very existence is turned into a political issue and contested at every level, regardless of how deeply they want to lead normal lives. Engaging in political discourse is the only way they could justify their existence and contextualize their experiences, and denying them of the opportunity to provide that context is akin to sealing their right to expression.

I've noticed a rising trend in discussions on this site where users who try to take a critical stance or bring in sociopolitical context and tie fiction to real-world developments are insulted and targeted, with people telling them not to read too deeply into things or 'make this political'. The story about the mistress, for instance, struck a nerve amongst a lot of people who've dealt with manipulative employers, and to say that they should just shut up and not express their dislike for the idea feels restrictive. It's uncomfortably similar to forums that bully trans or gay folks for talking about their experiences, which could just as easily be classified as 'political'. I can understand subjectivity or people not wanting to face negativity, but surely there's better ways to express that than gagging every critical viewpoint. It feels akin to saying, "I want to consume my fantasy content, and your attempts to bring in real-world context are interfering with that consumption, so shut up." For many people, those 'political' takes are closely connected to their identities and the way they express themselves, and they shouldn't need to bottle that up.

Ultimately, I guess it depends on what you see Dynasty as. A lot of people want it to be a forum where you read yuri, make a couple jokes, and log off. But if I wanted that, I could just search for the 'yuri' tag on MangaDex instead. What attracted me to this forum was that it felt like a community, a safe space, with more to justify its existence and history than just hosting lesbian manga. I'd read some fascinating discussions, seen some brilliant posters, and wanted to engage with them and learn something new. If you told me that Dynasty was a place where a mod might get attacked for criticizing a dictatorial government some months ago, I would've laughed at you- that seems like the kind of thing reserved for the most conservative corners of Reddit. And yet that's what I've found myself facing lately. To be honest, it's demoralizing and kind of scary. And yet, I want to believe that there's still value to be found here, still good conversations to be had about the world we live in. Perhaps that's just optimism, or forcing my expectations upon a group of strangers. But I still want to hope that expressing my opinions on this forum wasn't a mistake. So while I'll try not to get off-topic or resort to mud-slinging, I still fully intend to support those that look at yuri through a critical lens and share their experiences. I might not agree with them, but I certainly won't ask them to make things apolitical.

Sorry for the long post. It's just a bunch of impressions that've bubbled up in my head over the past few weeks.

last edited at Jan 9, 2021 3:10PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I've noticed a rising trend in discussions on this site where users who try to take a critical stance or bring in sociopolitical context and tie fiction to real-world developments are insulted and targeted, with people telling them not to read too deeply into things or 'make this political'. The story about the mistress, for instance, struck a nerve amongst a lot of people who've dealt with manipulative employers, and to say that they should just shut up and not express their dislike for the idea feels restrictive. It's uncomfortably similar to forums that bully trans or gay folks for talking about their experiences, which could just as easily be classified as 'political'. I can understand subjectivity or people not wanting to face negativity, but surely there's better ways to express that than gagging every critical viewpoint. It feels akin to saying, "I want to consume my fantasy content, and your attempts to bring in real-world context are interfering with that consumption, so shut up." For many people, those 'political' takes are closely connected to their identities and the way they express themselves, and they shouldn't need to bottle that up.

That line of thinking very rapidly devolved into "the actual text of the story is irrelevant, only my arbitrary preconceptions about the setting matter" as I recall. At which point I for one rolled my eyes, stopped bothering and wasn't exactly surprised to find that convo wholly shut down shortly thereafter.

Disagreement with making mountains out of molehills and insisting on finding bogeymen under every bed is not, quote, gagging every critical viewpoint, unquote.

Somewhat relatedly I'd also note that there's a certain moralist undercurrent 'round here that for some bizarre reason seems to insist that fiction and depictions of people should conform to some arbitrary, ill-defined fairytale ideal and deviations from such are at best objectionable. Where any justification for this sort of moralist grandstanding is offered at all it only too often amounts to pure solipsist escapism - "I don't want to read about Bad Stuff™ in my ~Pure☆Yuri~"

Blindness to the irony of this line of thinking being little more than conservative Comix Code moralism with the serials filed off naturally comes with the territory.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

TFW you want to make an upload request for the KyouSaya pic you posted on Discord 3 days ago, but the source had been taken down before you even knew the image existed.

last edited at Jan 9, 2021 4:00PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

"I was under the impression that the Chinese government being shitty was kind of a common viewpoint"

Certainly! But no viewpoint is universal. I imagine there's some number of Chinese people who will defend the government online, either out of genuine belief or because it's their job.

I also have a well-meaning, completely non-Chinese, friend, who thought that worrying about the safety of food products from China was racist, despite evidence that people in China don't trust Chinese products (like baby food) if they can help it.

joined Jul 26, 2016

"I was under the impression that the Chinese government being shitty was kind of a common viewpoint"

Certainly! But no viewpoint is universal.

That's rather incumbent in the "common" descriptor, yes.

I also have a well-meaning, completely non-Chinese, friend, who thought that worrying about the safety of food products from China was racist, despite evidence that people in China don't trust Chinese products (like baby food) if they can help it.

Gratz - your friend is literally a living negative stereotype of an SJW, there.

Dear God how I wish I wouldn't be obliged to agree that the asshole "conservative" types have a legitimate point about that sort.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I think a lot of the time when people see others bashing a certain government (or political choice), they mentally include a non-existent part to the person's argument that goes, "but my government actually good," and then proceed as if the person had actually said that. People can criticize the absolutely massive human rights abuses that the Chinese Communist Party has been a part of without having to acknowledge every single time that yes, (insert country here) also has been guilty of them. This invariably leads to whataboutisms, and the conversation goes nowhere, like it did last night. However, I do think it's best never to assume the involvement of even the worst-acting governments unless sufficient evidence has been given to warrant it, and I never did see that in the case in question from the other thread.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

A vampire medic and her patient Arknights Ecchi Skadi x Warfarin Vampire

last edited at Jan 9, 2021 11:22PM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

That line of thinking very rapidly devolved into "the actual text of the story is irrelevant, only my arbitrary preconceptions about the setting matter" as I recall. At which point I for one rolled my eyes, stopped bothering and wasn't exactly surprised to find that convo wholly shut down shortly thereafter.

Disagreement with making mountains out of molehills and insisting on finding bogeymen under every bed is not, quote, gagging every critical viewpoint, unquote.

Somewhat relatedly I'd also note that there's a certain moralist undercurrent 'round here that for some bizarre reason seems to insist that fiction and depictions of people should conform to some arbitrary, ill-defined fairytale ideal and deviations from such are at best objectionable. Where any justification for this sort of moralist grandstanding is offered at all it only too often amounts to pure solipsist escapism - "I don't want to read about Bad Stuff™ in my ~Pure☆Yuri~"

Blindness to the irony of this line of thinking being little more than conservative Comix Code moralism with the serials filed off naturally comes with the territory.

Basically seconding what random wrote here. What he neglected to address is that there is no "rising trend" described in that comment. The must-tie-fiction-to-reality faction has been here since forever. The faction that is sick of them has been here since forever. The moralists random talks about have been here since forever. People opposing them have been here since forever. All of these factions becoming aggressive at points has been a fixture of this Forum since forever. I guess the reason why this person sees this as a "rising trend" is because they have been here for mere 3 months. None of this is new, nor is "rising" as of late.

Trying to tie all of this as being "uncomfortably similar" to transphobic and homophobic sites is at best a poorly thought-out reach, or at worst a deliberate attempt to portray the happenings in this Forum as being somehow just as bad in an effort to appeal to users.

Also, pointing out that both sides in the Top Energy thread were reprimanded. Peko's first point addressed the must-tie-fiction-to-reality crowd, while the second targeted their opponents, as both sides took it too far. Which is also typical for this Forum. Neither of these sides really gets to claim the higher ground in terms of their conduct.

joined Jan 21, 2015

^ Oh, that was your 1000th post. Congrats!

(Look at me, not getting involved! Because I have nothing interesting to add, sure, but still.)

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

(Look at me, not getting involved! Because I have nothing interesting to add, sure, but still.)

(Hah! We're comrades in irrelevance! HIGH FIVE!)

To reply you must either login or sign up.