Forum › There's No Way I Can Have A Lover! *Or Maybe There Is? discussion

joined Apr 6, 2018

she has this smug look on her. she knows she's winning

F0c1c7ea6c0d24b021d03256f2c658f6
joined Oct 9, 2019

Get that coin sis

joined Nov 27, 2017

I was able to see a bit of the illustrations for volume 2.
https://hi-in.facebook.com/manga.anime.lightnovel.vn/posts/663583594277665/

The serie is....a yuri harem ?

That looks more like a live triangle than a harem.

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

That looks more like a live triangle than a harem.

Ajisai is also (kinda) in the mix from late vol 1 of LN, but I don't think that it has harem/love triangle tones. It's more like MC is really, really traumatized by her middle school experience and has a very hard time denying people, which seems to lead to people both, taking advantage (that's what I'm guessing will happen in vol 2 /w Satsuki, looking at illustrations) and misunderstanding stuff (Ajisai - although that's even more of a guess, since vol 3 is not even out yet, so not even illustrations, just read that it will be focused on her).

Honestly, the whole dynamic IMO is a bit similar to the experience described in The Private Report on My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness - she barely learned how to walk, socially, and she is thrown into very advanced social dynamics involving all kinds of difficult people, that completely overheat her circuits. She also loves to put herself down and overthink stuff. Add gay panic on top of that and it's a total mess.

The vol 1 LN experience is like watching a trainwreck - it doesn't even feel good most of the time, yet it's somehow hard to avert your eyes. It's really hard to call it a romcom IMO - it's 70% drama/angst/assault/confusion, 20% more heartwarming stuff, and 10% comedy, if that.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

"Is it really true that you love me?
Sigh, straight girls.

joined Mar 6, 2018

Damn, these girls are playing Guilty Gear, they have mighty fine taste

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

tfw you don't have a girlfriend that'll challenge you to a Bo5 in Guilty Gear

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Ajisai is also (kinda) in the mix from late vol 1 of LN, but I don't think that it has harem/love triangle tones. It's more like MC is really, really traumatized by her middle school experience and has a very hard time denying people, which seems to lead to people both, taking advantage (that's what I'm guessing will happen in vol 2 /w Satsuki, looking at illustrations) and misunderstanding stuff (Ajisai - although that's even more of a guess, since vol 3 is not even out yet, so not even illustrations, just read that it will be focused on her).

Honestly, the whole dynamic IMO is a bit similar to the experience described in The Private Report on My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness - she barely learned how to walk, socially, and she is thrown into very advanced social dynamics involving all kinds of difficult people, that completely overheat her circuits. She also loves to put herself down and overthink stuff. Add gay panic on top of that and it's a total mess.

The vol 1 LN experience is like watching a trainwreck - it doesn't even feel good most of the time, yet it's somehow hard to avert your eyes. It's really hard to call it a romcom IMO - it's 70% drama/angst/assault/confusion, 20% more heartwarming stuff, and 10% comedy, if that.

I know you were talking about this manga's source but it sounds like a totally different story lol

last edited at Dec 22, 2020 1:41PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I don't feel this series to be honest, seems more of the same back-and-forth between the characters, and that weird dynamic of "sometimes friends, sometimes lovers" doesn't seem to actually matter all that much.

...to be honest I'm not even sure what I expected, but what I got I don't find too interesting, or even cute :P

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

LOL

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Yeah I'm mostly reading for the art at this point and them looking hot together. She's coming on way WAY too strong. I feel like the approach she has just pushes introverted people like that away.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Well at least the mom didn't walk in, that would've been awkward

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

"How can you say that with a straight face?"

I see you, typesetter.

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

When she making more progress on their friend days then their lovers days lmao

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

What happened at MD was too sad, you really can't rush good quality after all

last edited at Jan 27, 2021 9:31PM

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

I busted out laughing when she saw the list XD

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

I’m starting to like Ajisai, she’s slowly grown on me and her interaction with Renako is adorable. I love the little scribbles/extras at the end too!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That certainly was quite the list...

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

IKR?

joined Dec 17, 2020

I wanna date Ajisai...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

IKR?

Although by no means unexpected.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

IKR?

Although by no means unexpected.

Honestly I thought they were going to be similar and the MC would be like oh cool we can do this together then, while other girl is like yes and make out afterwards

Instead I got LICK YOUR THIGHS

Not angry that I was wrong

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

RUB HER FEET

Es1-3muwmamw-fl
joined Dec 20, 2014

Ajisai-san did also join the harem in the LN, didn't she?

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Spoiler

I read the novel as much as what was translated, and it seems to be of harem genre? Can anyone who has read the raws of the novel spoil me if it's a harem or does she end up with only Mai? Thanks.

To reply you must either login or sign up.