Forum › Tayutau Hanairo discussion

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

This is super interesting. Seeing feminism as a movement mentioned in manga is pretty rare, and even more so in a period piece. The way this story integrates the political undercurrents with strong, mutual development is also quite impressive. I'd heard about Sayonara Rose Garden before, but never got around to reading it. Definitely gonna check it out now.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

This is super interesting. Seeing feminism as a movement mentioned in manga is pretty rare, and even more so in a period piece. The way this story integrates the political undercurrents with strong, mutual development is also quite impressive. I'd heard about Sayonara Rose Garden before, but never got around to reading it. Definitely gonna check it out now.

Sayonara rose garden is honestly one of the best historic (fiction) Yuri romance mangas I have ever witnessed. If anyone knows of anything similar please do tell!

Download_20181110_194445-1-1
joined Feb 12, 2016

I support learning history in my cute manga

B317d5337236dc7a4d6785c89a6164b7c373ff6av2_hq
joined Sep 16, 2017

Cool

joined Dec 30, 2018

I really enjoyed this one def one of my favourite one shots

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Felt like it had kind of an abrupt ending, but was kinda cute. Some parts kinda rubbed me the wrong way tho, especially when the feminist girl was like "Oh I'm not patronizing you, you chose your path and I would never try to sway you from that path!" and then has her friend talk to her about how she's "a lost child, too stubborn to realize they're on the wrong path"

Hmmmrrrm

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Historical tsundere enemies-to-friends(-to-lovers)? What an unexpected treat.

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Oooh this is gooood

joined Jun 7, 2019

Felt like it had kind of an abrupt ending, but was kinda cute. Some parts kinda rubbed me the wrong way tho, especially when the feminist girl was like "Oh I'm not patronizing you, you chose your path and I would never try to sway you from that path!" and then has her friend talk to her about how she's "a lost child, too stubborn to realize they're on the wrong path"

Hmmmrrrm

The thing is that our protagonist does not choose that path because she wants it that way, she chooses it because she believes that it is what "is okay", because it is what should be done and those thoughts are oppressive and limit her, she does not consider other options. than that because it's supposed to be what a "woman does"
It is as if a black man from that time said: "It's okay if I work in poor conditions, after all I'm black" of course it isn't, but at that time people believed that

F0c1c7ea6c0d24b021d03256f2c658f6
joined Oct 9, 2019

Pack it up enemies to lovers wattpad story

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Positively surprised by the historical soundness of this one.

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

what an amzing oneshot

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

So I guess Miyako is going to introduce Mari to men to "Broaden her horizons?".

Miyako is lawful good and Mari is chaotic good

last edited at Dec 16, 2020 3:29PM

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I can't say I dislike learning through Yuri, good shit.

last edited at Dec 15, 2020 5:43PM

20200928_020352-min
joined Sep 8, 2020

Some parts kinda rubbed me the wrong way tho, especially when the feminist girl was like "Oh I'm not patronizing you, you chose your path and I would never try to sway you from that path!"

I agree, the entire manga makes it feel like the feminist girl is just being really patronizing to a degree that rustles my jimmies. It doesn't feel like the two are considered equal in the story.

joined May 29, 2019

ohhh

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

When the Tsundere girl tells you she likes you while you’re both naked in the bath

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Some parts kinda rubbed me the wrong way tho, especially when the feminist girl was like "Oh I'm not patronizing you, you chose your path and I would never try to sway you from that path!"

I agree, the entire manga makes it feel like the feminist girl is just being really patronizing to a degree that rustles my jimmies. It doesn't feel like the two are considered equal in the story.

I think the point is that the feminist girl was trying to raise her awareness, and introduce knowledge that expands her knowledge of the world. She wasn't trying to choose the girl's path in life but inform her that she has options.

People are often kept in a repressed state because of a lack of knowledge, and not being aware that things can in fact be better. In modern times we take our access to knowledge and information for granted all the time. It's good to remember that oppressors hate books, and book burning is a way to keep people from expanding their knowledge and rising up against their oppressors.

I think the main goal of the feminist girl was to say that you don't have to get married to a man you've never met, and live your whole life as a housewife that should never aspire to have her own dreams, goals, and passions. If you so choose it there are other paths in life than the societal norms that so heavily enforced, read about the ways you can live a life that's more free and then choose for yourself how you live your life afterwards.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

so hypothetically speaking, if their families were super strict they probably got sent off to be married to men right?
but knowing the feminist girl she probably took her and ran

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

@KangaNoodles this isn’t a period piece, more of a historical fantasy, but check out the manhwa Her Shim Cheong. It’s a wonderful GL retelling of a traditional korean folktale and it’s one of my favorite series ever.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Some parts kinda rubbed me the wrong way tho, especially when the feminist girl was like "Oh I'm not patronizing you, you chose your path and I would never try to sway you from that path!" and then has her friend talk to her about how she's "a lost child, too stubborn to realize they're on the wrong path"

This. I felt that too. Even though I know they were trying to help and I definitely get @kokoa's and @FluffyCow's point... Aaghhh
I don't know, they way she phrased that... It sounded like proselytism and kinda pissed me off.

Download20210900003512-min
joined Sep 19, 2021

Is funny... in page 109 Miyoko is reading the "Hana Monogatari" (花物語, but written the other way around), wrote by Yoshiya Nobuko. Even though the protagonist criticize the "new woman" and the supposedly ome relationship between Ayami and Fujiwaka, and celebrates the wedding of her friend, she reads a Class S novel. As we say in Latin America, "en fin, la hipotenusa" xD

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Is funny... in page 109 Miyoko is reading the "Hana Monogatari" (花物語, but written the other way around), wrote by Yoshiya Nobuko. Even though the protagonist criticize the "new woman" and the supposedly ome relationship between Ayami and Fujiwaka, and celebrates the wedding of her friend, she reads a Class S novel. As we say in Latin America, "en fin, la hipotenusa" xD

I think it's pretty common for people to act conservative as a product of repressing their own feelings. We do see Miyoko be very conscious of Ayami and Fujiwaka and I wouldn't be surprised if part of her hatred of Fujiwaka was actually jealousy. She seems to have a lot of feelings and gayness boiling under the surface that she doesn't understand how to handle before talking to Fujiwaka.

To reply you must either login or sign up.