Forum › My Best Friend's Engagement was Annulled. I Need To Do My Best To Stop It! ...But I Was The Reason Behind It... discussion

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Author probably skimped on the prince's development due to it being a yuri anthology, which ended up hurting the story a lot

joined Dec 13, 2013

this one was very cute and by far the best from this anthology. All the others up until now had stories all over the place with dumb logics

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Just look at it all...

joined Jun 1, 2016

i dont hate this but its a meh. Nice to see the prince isnt a douche this time. Main criticism is that she agreed to become the second wife even though she showed no attraction to him. 5 out of 10

last edited at Dec 12, 2020 3:47PM

B317d5337236dc7a4d6785c89a6164b7c373ff6av2_hq
joined Sep 16, 2017

Oh

joined Jun 8, 2020

islam moment

Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

Pretty meh, not bad but not amazing either. Felt more like friendship than yuri though.

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

This could've worked if this was longer, but with how short it is and how undeveloped anything to do with the prince is, it just falls flat. Even Shion's feelings for Maria and vice versa didn't actually feel like they were in love, it was more like friendship. Like where's the yuri? It's literally just best friends marrying the same guy so they can hang out together while the guy is being a piece of cardboard that's just there to do his written role with no personality.

It's really disappointing cause I was hoping I'd finally see something that can do polyamory justice but this just felt underwhelming. The polyamory was literally just a punchline.

joined Sep 28, 2017

Yuri tag should go away, since it is more like a bisexual story. Also hated it.

joined May 20, 2019

Yuri tag should go away, since it is more like a bisexual story. Also hated it.

I always think they should only put Yuri tag to actual Yuri focused story, just put bisexual tag and throw away the Yuri.

The heroine even not really love the princess and only think her as friend, then boom sudden polyamory bullshit and both of them accepted it easily, kudos for author, very great writing skill indeed.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Also, is anyone else kinda disappointed that all the 'villainesses' in this anthology aren't actually villainous at all?

That's pretty much how the genre is structured for the most part. The villainess isn't really the bad guys in these types of themes.

last edited at Dec 12, 2020 5:01PM

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Wow. I was hoping that the next story in this anthology would do something innovative, but an FFM polycule was not what I expected. There's probably gonna be a ton of folks salty about this one. Can't say I blame 'em- the prince's main trait was 'being handsome' and pretty much nothing else, so visualizing him as part of the relationship just feels odd. Heck, I'm still not sure if it's just a political marriage with yuri behind closed doors, or if the prince gets in on the action. I get that the author wanted everyone to be happy, but I feel like there might've been a better way to utilize the prince- I initially figured he'd just be a shipper and supporter, but having him be a part of the relationship when neither party even seems to pay much attention to him over the course of the story is just weird.

Couldn't agree more!

joined Sep 28, 2017

The heroine even not really love the princess and only think her as friend, then boom sudden polyamory bullshit and both of them accepted it easily, kudos for author, very great writing skill indeed.

Agee. Is literally a het story about a prince that married a couple of girls who also happen to be best friends. No yuri at all.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I think everyone is just mad that there is a man involved here

Haven't seen such a clear-cut case of projection in the face of reality in a while. You really didn't even bother to read any of the other comments, did you?

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

I'm not sure why so many people seem to think that it's het because it isn't yuri. I'm not one to harp on about bi erasure, but that's hard to ignore. Personally, I love bi poly stuff. This story, on the other hand, is too short to get any kind of grip on what their relationship is. The prince is given no characterization whatsoever, and is even sidelined at the end to focus on the yuri aspect, which is dreadfully barebones on its own. They don't even kiss or share any kind of romantic sentiments with one another. Would it have been so hard to have one panel of the three of them sharing some kind of intimacy? I was excited when I saw the tags, but this was boring as all hell.
For that matter, this whole collection has been boring. The worst part is that the theme is so restrictive that they just feel like redraws of the same story. I don't even know what the point is.

last edited at Dec 12, 2020 5:44PM

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

Wouldn't call this yuri. I never got romantic vibes from them. More like sisters that didn't want to separate from each other.

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

I think everyone is just mad that there is a man involved here, people talking about character development and whatever when there are much blander stories with much blander characters that just get showered with praise. It's not the best one shot ever but it's not garbage either.

This comment makes no sense. How good a story is is completely subjective. You make it sound like every person here is praising these bland stories you are talking about. People didn't like this story. So what. Not sure why that bothers you to the point of trying to defend the story.

joined Sep 28, 2017

I think everyone is just mad that there is a man involved here

Personally I was kinda mad because of the misleading tags.

joined Jun 7, 2019

I wonder what causes more discourse here. People mad that bisexuality and polyamory exist, or the cheating-themed stories we occasionally get.

i mean,i'm bisexual and i didn't like it xD
i wanted the yuri

joined Jun 21, 2018

Despite seeing the tags, I did not see the ending coming.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I wonder what causes more discourse here. People mad that bisexuality and polyamory exist, or the cheating-themed stories we occasionally get.

There shouldn't be any discourse involving people mad that bisexuality and polyamory exist. Or heterosexual relationships for that matter. They should simply be banned from this site. Nobody has to put up with that garbage.

joined Jun 7, 2019

There shouldn't be any discourse involving people mad that bisexuality and polyamory exist. Or heterosexual relationships for that matter. They should simply be banned from this site. Nobody has to put up with that garbage.

It bothers me to have come to read yuri and that it is not, it is disappointing.The prince is cute and everything but I feel that he is in the way, besides that the villain and the protagonist seem friends more than lovers...Sometimes you come to a story to read a romance of two girls or sometimes you go to a story to read romance between a boy and a girl, and it's annoying when it's not what they give you

Tumblr_inline_nhvrix3pa41suuiq8
joined Feb 16, 2018

lame. where the hell was her attraction to the dude, let alone her attraction to villainess?

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

It bothers me to have come to read yuri and that it is not, it is disappointing.The prince is cute and everything but I feel that he is in the way, besides that the villain and the protagonist seem friends more than lovers...Sometimes you come to a story to read a romance of two girls or sometimes you go to a story to read romance between a boy and a girl, and it's annoying when it's not what they give you

This isn't what I'm talking about. I'm speaking of the times when people are outraged that this site would even host something other than their "pure yuri," whatever the hell that is. The people that literally sound like the bigots who have hated us our entire lives simply for who we are.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Just look at it all...

Ah yes. Carthage.

To reply you must either login or sign up.