Forum › Becoming a Lucky Pervert due to a Uniform Button discussion

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Note, these two are the same characters that show up in "You are totally in love with me, aren't you?"

joined Aug 8, 2020

This oneshot is even mentioned in the margins of one of the chapters, I think.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I really like this "lucky pervert" action more than....others.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

This is the very model of a modern lucky sukebe!

(Btw I had completely forgotten that their school had male students too...)

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Why are cursed harem protag tropes so cute when it’s yuri? Truly a mystery of the world and definitely not the result of bias.

Fc30b8c18898ba98167bd0db444c72ba-compressed
joined Sep 25, 2020

Nice

joined Jun 23, 2017

Why are cursed harem protag tropes so cute when it’s yuri? Truly a mystery of the world and definitely not the result of bias.

I'm guessing because the character isn't as much of a dofus?

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Probably because most harem protag tropes are ways to speedrun romantic attraction and sex without what most people would consider an 'appropriate' or 'believable' investment in terms of time and effort. So you have women randomly flashing guys and falling tit-first onto their faces through contrived coincidences instead of a mutually agreed-upon decision to engage in intercourse. This is hilariously ironic, because the intent is to make a sexually-charged encounter between a ridiculously cute girl and an average guy seem 'realistic', but the circumstances that lead into it are the pinnacle of pandering bullshit. Most people understand what authors are trying to do here, because harems aren't the most subtle of genres, and feel uncomfortable because of the gender dynamics at play- most romances tend to portray women as passive in terms of initiating romance while men generally make the first move and are later given consent.

By removing this process and the man's agency via 'lucky pervert' moments, the titillation feels 'unearned' and 'cheap', while the woman's evident discomfiture at being pushed into a compromising situation is also quite disturbing. When both parties involved are women, however, the gender dynamic largely vanishes, and the knee-jerk 'ugh' that a lot of people feel while seeing harem tropes is removed, leaving only amusement at the suddenness of the situation and excitement at the sight of an encounter. In short, stuff that would never be condoned or appreciated between a man and a woman is often forgiven or actively idealized when women are involved. So a scene where a man kisses a woman out of the blue to express attraction might make us cringe, but if it's done between two women, then the novelty of the interaction and the relative lack of media-conditioned mores would blunt the stigma. Sometimes, this is justifiable, because lesbians need their wish-fulfilment and rep after centuries of being excluded from media, and sometimes, it isn't- a lot of people will defend rape or molestation when it's girl on girl. As with everything, context is king.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Cute tbh

joined Jul 8, 2019

I wonder who of those two will be muttering "all according to keikaku" afterwards. Likely both.

Amimaidprofile
joined Mar 5, 2019

dammit Kirin, your profile image now has a parody version of Daft Punk in my head. Pathologic instead of Technologic. "cough it spit it sniff it sneeze it quick you spread it....Pathologic"

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

^ I'm pleasantly surprised someone recognized my pfp, considering how obscure the game is. Bayarlaa, noukherne.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Excellent! :D

Ea068ec8502133f96ff1a1123008a767
joined Mar 26, 2020

thanks to that guy :>

joined Dec 18, 2016

Wow @Kirin. What a magnificent essay

20220104_023724
joined Feb 11, 2013

I wish that were me ~

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Finally, an actually plausible situation lol. She spread out her hands to gesture she was done, even saying so, when someone bumped into her from behind. Being that close with her hands splayed out, that’s exactly what would happen in real life too. Well written and well drawn. I like it.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Yeah, they definitely planned it, smart lads.

last edited at Dec 11, 2020 12:36PM

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

It was just normal, nothing to see here

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

It was just normal, nothing to see here

Pffft

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Note, these two are the same characters that show up in "You are totally in love with me, aren't you?"

I totally missed that...

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Probably because most harem protag tropes are ways to speedrun romantic attraction and sex without what most people would consider an 'appropriate' or 'believable' investment in terms of time and effort. So you have women randomly flashing guys and falling tit-first onto their faces through contrived coincidences instead of a mutually agreed-upon decision to engage in intercourse. This is hilariously ironic, because the intent is to make a sexually-charged encounter between a ridiculously cute girl and an average guy seem 'realistic', but the circumstances that lead into it are the pinnacle of pandering bullshit. Most people understand what authors are trying to do here, because harems aren't the most subtle of genres, and feel uncomfortable because of the gender dynamics at play- most romances tend to portray women as passive in terms of initiating romance while men generally make the first move and are later given consent.

By removing this process and the man's agency via 'lucky pervert' moments, the titillation feels 'unearned' and 'cheap', while the woman's evident discomfiture at being pushed into a compromising situation is also quite disturbing. When both parties involved are women, however, the gender dynamic largely vanishes, and the knee-jerk 'ugh' that a lot of people feel while seeing harem tropes is removed, leaving only amusement at the suddenness of the situation and excitement at the sight of an encounter. In short, stuff that would never be condoned or appreciated between a man and a woman is often forgiven or actively idealized when women are involved. So a scene where a man kisses a woman out of the blue to express attraction might make us cringe, but if it's done between two women, then the novelty of the interaction and the relative lack of media-conditioned mores would blunt the stigma. Sometimes, this is justifiable, because lesbians need their wish-fulfilment and rep after centuries of being excluded from media, and sometimes, it isn't- a lot of people will defend rape or molestation when it's girl on girl. As with everything, context is king.

Thank you based Kirin (Talk nerdy to me).

I’m still not sure about how I feel I should feel about the whole thing, though—but I guess there’s a different vibe when it’s like, you can feel the spectre of patriarchal heteronormativity acting through the scene to make things happen vs. “oh no look what happened—and we like it?? What it mean????”

I’m still gonna work to check myself on perspective though.

joined Jul 23, 2019

Btw I had completely forgotten that their school had male students too...

Wait, they have male students??
Those two who bump into megane girl are boys? I only notice now!
I'd have sworn school was all-girl. Did they even show boy students before?

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

she's just making happy accidents XD

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Kirin posted:

TLDR double standards are at play, regardless of the potential sympatheticness of the motivation behind it on part of lesbian critics.

To reply you must either login or sign up.