Forum › Anime season

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Trude and Erica finally got married!

(lots of muscle-service too]

last edited at Nov 11, 2020 8:30PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

YESSS! I came to say that too, episode 06 WAS THE ABSOLUTE BEST! what a tremendous display of animation, action, yuri and drama.... and sweat and nakedness and chocolate and WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU HIDING THAT WEAPON, LADY?! o.O lol

Adachi to shimamura is hard to watch, as expected, Adachi's gay panic comes 10 times stronger with animation and voice and it hits me hard XD

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Adachi to shimamura is hard to watch, as expected, Adachi's gay panic comes 10 times stronger with animation and voice and it hits me hard XD

Ooooo, yeah, thanks for reminding me. I ought to go watch it as soon as my brother goes to my aunt's

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Shimamura is presented in an admirably un-tropey and vivid way in the anime. She has a distinctive playfulness that's never overstated.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

I've read both the AdaShima manga and the LN, so I wasn't going to watch the anime, since I figured it'd just be the same story for the fourth time. Then I learned that Akari Kito is voicing Adachi, and now I just have to check it out. She also voiced Momo in MachiMazo and Reimu from Touhou Cannonball, which proves that she can take good lesbians and make them godly.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It's enough reason to watch

joined Jan 21, 2015

I'm really enjoying two shows I expected nothing from, Iwa-Kakeru and D4DJ.

Iwa-Kakeru is a straightforward sports anime, with training montages, ridiculous cartoonish opponents and hot-blooded announcers. I love it. The ED sequence hints at some yuri, but so far I fail to see any subtext. Also, girls with muscles. Girls. With. Muscles!!

My first impression of D4DJ was "Bandori but worse", but after three episodes I find it really cute! Even the main character, who was incredibly annoying in the first episode, is growing on me. Maho is adorable. Can't comment on the music since it's not what I normally listen to, but it doesn't hurt my ears at least.

joined Jan 1, 2014

I think Ino from Dropout tart is the only character who does not get that she has a harem.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Just finished rewatching Flip Flappers and yeah it's even better than I remember.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

I've heard that in the light novels Elaina reciporecates Saya's feelings. Is that true?

joined Jan 1, 2014

I've heard that in the light novels Elaina reciporecates Saya's feelings. Is that true?

I have no idea, but she still carries around the necklace that Saya gave her.

Shes 10/10 gay for Saya.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Assault Lily Bouquet already reaching the "adopting daughter" step and by naming her Yuri

last edited at Nov 21, 2020 10:20AM

joined Jan 1, 2014

Assault Lily Bouquet already reaching the "adopting daughter" step and by naming her Yuri

The Nanoha infleunce is strong.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I knew it!!! Strike witches Berlin 06 was the best couple episode and most likely one of the best in the entire franchise!
Chapter 08 was good and cute too and chapter 07..... Uhhhh let's not talk about that hahahaha.

Btw anime is saved https://youtu.be/57Fk9kOTvXE January is going to be super comfy

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Are you all up to date with Majo no Tabi? the recent chapter was........dark, so much it required a warning at the start.

On happier notes, here's the OP of Vladlove! upcoming yuri anime https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiV8IHy9jN4

Adachi to Shimamura is still a cute form of torture for me to watch

joined Jan 1, 2014

And now Maji no Tabi went back to wholesome friendship building.

joined Jan 21, 2015

It was probably meant to be taken seriously, but I found the whole Setsuna accidentally falling into Yu's arms and Ayumu witnessing it sequence in the latest Love Live episode to be really funny. I'm unironically enjoying the show though, I like what they're doing this season.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I've really been enjoying Yashahime, but a large part of that is nostalgia. Inuyasha was my gateway anime way back in 2000. I was such an otaku for it that I actually joined a fansubbing group and became an editor for weekly releases of it (which eventually expanded to many other anime). Right now I'm mad they aren't being more forthcoming with the reason why these girls grew up without their real parents. At best it tarnishes the uncorruptible hero aspect of the original characters, at worst it paints a picture of tragedy or unexpected character and morality changes.

I get that they are wanting to keep things mysterious because LOL!plot, but breadcrumbing stuff like showing a sad AF tiny flashback to baby Moroha and what appears, at face value, to be a tragedy befalling her parents is infuriating to me, not an "oh boy now my interest is piqued" reaction which I think is what they were going for.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

shadesofgreymoon posted:

I get that they are wanting to keep things mysterious because LOL!plot, but breadcrumbing stuff like showing a sad AF tiny flashback to baby Moroha and what appears, at face value, to be a tragedy befalling her parents is infuriating to me, not an "oh boy now my interest is piqued" reaction which I think is what they were going for.

Yea, I can agree with it too. I can understand they were probably afraid of including them directly into the plot, because then it raises a question why wouldn't they simply go and resolve the plot instead of their children, but completely cutting them out like that with this mysterious backstory doesn't really work for me either. I know seeing them just being a parental figures in their life and maybe sometimes coming to their help as a sorta deus ex machina, could seem boring, but it has it's charm too and while I like new characters, I kinda wanted to see old character in action too. Even if it'd be just a occasional thing.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

And now Maji no Tabi went back to wholesome friendship building.

I actually prefer the previous chapter lol, because with the young teachers episode... It was super obvious who was in the wrong and making things awfully difficult but their teacher insisted that they both had to work together and just went ufufufu :) so I just skipped to the end at some point....well, lucky for all of us, she matured !

joined Jan 21, 2015

Love Live 11:

Ayumu working hard to overtake Riko as the gayest character of the franchise, I see. It's not a competition, honey, you can all be gay.
I caught myself, as I sometimes do, thinking "Oooh maybe this time...?" before remembering that of course not. It's never actually happening. Still, in some instances I personally think the "subtext" goes far enough we don't even need a confirmation anymore, as long as we don't get a denial. If they don't pull a Sunshine because fans prefer Yu with Setsuna or some other pairing, we can hope to get some nice couple-y moments like we did for Kanan and Mari in Sunshine S2.

Note that I don't know anything about the fandom so for all I know, ship wars could be raging right now. Or they could have decided that OT3s are good (they are).

joined Jan 1, 2014

Winter coming soon, not as many allgirl shows as autumn, but autumn was insane.

gekidoll Idol anime
Otherside Picnic Yuri!
Soukou Musume Senki no idea, based on a game
Show by rock all stars Another season of our favourite gay cats
Yuru camp S2
Non non biyori S3
Idolls! A mystery what itll be about
Wixxos idol show
Aikatsu Planet! Another live action x anime hybrid
Idoly pride 5th idol show of the season
So I'm a Spider, So What? - female protag, but has male characters.

Also, stay away from redo of healer. Unless you for some reason love shows about some dude raping woman in 'revenge''.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Winter coming soon

Some more specifics:

On the idol shows, Gekidol has some kind of weird post-apocalyptic twist and looks like it has an actual budget. Idoly Pride appears to a be a low-budget drama with no real gimmick. Idolls is a promotional vehicle for a new vtuber group. Aikatsu Planet!, uh, still isn't doing much to pull in an older fandom. Wixoss Diva(A)Live is probably still a death game (look at the title), and is the one I think is the most likely to have any yuri in it

Show By Rock!! Stars!! has staff more in line with the first two seasons than Mashumairesh

Otherside Picnic does have a romantic relationship between women as it's emotional core, but it's mostly a horror series. I'd say a fondness for the SCP Foundation is a better indicator of whether you'll like it than a fondness for yuri

Soukou Musume Senki looks like shit, both in animation and designs, but as a low-brow fighting girl series has a decent chance of having some yuri just for titillation

So I'm a Spider, So What? has no yuri, or much in the way of romance at all, but the source material is really good. Worth checking out if you have any fondness for fighting series

Kind of an iffy season on the yuri front, but there's a ton of promising anime otherwise. Several big-name sequels, and a remarkable number of new series that look impressive. Back Arrow, from the Code Geass director and Kill la Kill writer. Mushoku Tensei, the OG isekai, now with amazing animation. SK8, featuring the Banana Fish director and Princess Principal writer

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

For me, the fact that we're getting Show by Rock, Yuru Camp and Non non biyori on the same month is more than enough for me, if I add Gochiusa s3 (that I haven't started this season) then I'm set for wholesomeness trip.

But seriously, Non non biyori.is a blessing... have you seen the movie? the scene in the beach and the stars almost makes me cry, it was so beautiful !!!

Other Side Picnic and NAIWAAAA spider are the strong dishes for action

last edited at Dec 15, 2020 11:32PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Update: It turns out that Wonder Egg Priority also has an exclusively female main cast. Looks like a slice of life drama with some light supernatural elements? Good animation, anyway, and the writer has apparently worked on some well-received dramas. Hard to say where it's going yet, but it might be of interest to people here

To reply you must either login or sign up.