Forum › Anime season

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

^ Yeah, I read up on what little I could find about it, and based on people translating the PVs and teasers, it seems to be a light sci-fi show about the lives of 'two very different teenage girls'. The text on the PV also apparently mentions something about 'cracking the egg', which is probably meant in an Utena sense, though I still expect many egg_irl jokes to be made if it gets any attention. Also, the character designs are top-tier, especially in contrast to all the bland idol stuff that's coming out in the same season.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh yeah I just caugh up with Love live and ........ SUBTEXT ........ Wow

Also out of nowhere!!! VLADLOVE Ep01 with english subs released in youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2im3P4AiHc I can tell you right now, is not what you would expect to see !

YISUS She insulted her step-mother in spanish ?! who's making these official subtitles hahaha

last edited at Dec 17, 2020 9:31PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

VLADLOVE Ep01 with english subs released in youtube

That's supposed to have English in the CC options, right? Because I'm not seeing it

EDIT: It's listed as Japanese...?

last edited at Dec 18, 2020 1:16AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yeah it's YouTube subs in English but not autogenerated, the video even says Eng sub in the title, it appears fine to me.

There are rips in nyaa already

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

It works fine, the subs are just mislabeled for some reason

It's an interesting show. I was expecting a 90s gag comedy, but it feels most like 00s SHAFT. Rough around the edges, but artistically experimental. I do wonder how much of that experimentality will apply to writing. Might get weird!

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Based on ep. 1, I'm just going to ignore VladLove. The concept is interesting but the implementation is just bottom of the barrel. Lame tsukkomi, baffling ecchi, violence played for laughs. Some of the backgrounds look nice.

last edited at Dec 19, 2020 1:12PM

joined Jan 21, 2015

Yeah, VladLove is... weird. It's artistically interesting and it looks like it's actually going to be yuri, but I really didn't feel the first episode. My main problem is that it seems to be a comedy but I didn't find any of the gags (?) to be remotely funny. Characters screaming and hitting each other isn't intrinsically hilarious to me. If you like slapstick/violent comedy though, give it a try.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I like it because it's the kind where is not realistic, like, not meant to do harm but for the impact only because 10 seconds later there's no trace of it... I know where you guys are coming from, I had a similar problem with Umiiro March, where the tanned girl would respond with heavy violence to any kind of joke as if she had her panties full of sand or something, it wasn't funny because in one scene, one milisecond of delay in avoiding a hit would've cost her eye from a projectile pen so I said Fuck that shit! lol.

Here, the characters bounce like ballons and a truck exploded for apparently no reason xP so I can't really take it seriously

last edited at Dec 22, 2020 7:50AM

joined Jan 21, 2015

I can't really take it seriously

You're right, this is definitely something I should have known before going in. I felt like an alien studying human behavior and wondering "Was that... a joke?".

But it looks like it's going to be unusual, even if it isn't my thing. I'll keep an eye on comments and I might pick it back up later.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Fiiiiiiiiiiinally saw Burn The Witch (the 3 ovas), It was really nice and here I'm hoping for a full series because of all the cool characters all around and the mystery, and yeah there was that yuri crush very nice... And the "protagonist" was dumb but didn't really affect the story all that much.

However... If this remains as ova that's cool but if we get a full series, I wouldn't get my hopes up, if you've been into animes for a while you know DAMN well what happens when a lesbian with pink hair shows up, and they'll call it "emotional moment" and "character development" but it's bs xD you think I'm getting ahead of myself or being too negative? maybe time will tell, but the fact that she has lots of potential BUT also has a "slight" case of that dragon sickness makes it too obvious.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

^i actually don't know, what happens to that kind of character?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

THEY GET R.I.P.! for emotional impact... There was a prominent example a few years back, but I can't remember the name... I'm being too specific with the pink hair part but is like when you see Shingeki no Kyojin with Ymir and Historia, that was a hard tease but we can't have that progressing further, what if they kiss?! so eventually something happens to the yuri couple, maybe because they like yuri teasing but no more than that, they want to tell a cliche tragic love story without using a guy that could make conflict with the protagonist... I could ramble a bit but I don't want to appear more paranoid.
We just have to be careful... Lesbian characters in shonen might end up alone forever or worse, they end up in the protagonist's harem.

last edited at Dec 29, 2020 6:47PM

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

^ The PV image looks so good. ZLS was a big hit, so I hope they get more resources and a better schedule this time around. I'm not expecting much on the yuri front, though a show that's got good trans rep shouldn't have any qualms branching out to lesbians. At any rate, I hope it's as ambitious and stereotype-challenging as season one. The vast majority of idol shows are shallow bilge, so I've never really liked the genre, but ZLS, for all its absurdity, really impressed with all the heart and guts it had (no zombie jokes intended).

last edited at Dec 31, 2020 1:27PM

joined Jan 21, 2015

April 2021 Zombieland saga season 2!!! https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-12-31/zombie-land-saga-revenge-anime-promo-video-announces-cast-staff-april-premiere/.168033

Really looking forward to this.

I'm still enjoying D4DJ a lot. It shows what can be done with CGI animation when it's actually done well, the characters are likeable and the cast isn't massive (yet?), and the mildly serious moments are a welcome respite from all the melodrama in the music anime I've watched. Not that I don't enjoy the melodrama, but sometimes it's nice to have a story be just about a group of friends enjoying their hobby.

Here's an additional incentive:

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

In addition to Otherside Picnic, which has it's own thread, Gekidol has had it's first episode air, and I'm having difficulty reading the best friend's relationship with the MC as anything but romantic. Show itself is... interesting

Also Uma Musume s2 started, but I haven't watched it

last edited at Jan 5, 2021 4:18AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I should give D4DJ a chance later... For reasons...

Otherside picnic had a really cool first chapter... but the opening and all smells like triangle.

I armed myself with determination and finished Love Live! pretty cool last episode, not as emotional as it's predecessors but still damn nice, fresh too! maybe... 2 or 3 girls too much (if they weren't going to be a group idol, we didn't need the 9 unit) so we lost a bit of focus I think, and Yu chan was soooooooooooooo cool!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Bofuri Season 2 is coming ! (that girl with a shield) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmffsliicdI news and maybe trailer in 2 days

joined Jul 23, 2019

I watched Vlad Love episode 1 and enjoyed it... mildly.

The yuri is there, is blatant and is unapologizing: the mc is crazy in love & in lust with her cute blonde vamp girl, that's sure and certain. But the gag comedy is not exactly the type I like — the 2d or 3d time the school doctor machine-gun-slaps someone, I was already bored with it — and there are problems of setting and continuity that disturb your suspension of disbelief.

Like, after the blood donation trailer explodes and those poor nurses obviously DIE, there should be a police investigation! But for some reason nobody seems to care. And according to blondie a vampire should bite a human every day, and every bitten human turns into a vampire, who then needs to bite a human a day as well, and so on. Ever heard of the wheat and chessboard problem?

My overall judgment: not for anyone but what the hell, try it if you want.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Don't forget that the vampire who blew up the trailer and killed the nurses is really shy and couldn't ever hurt a person and is unable to suck blood.

last edited at Jan 6, 2021 2:19PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Would you watch Ex-arm even if just for the memes ? https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/preview-guide/2021/winter/ex-arm/.167965 I certainly won't!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Would you watch Ex-arm even if just for the memes ? https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/preview-guide/2021/winter/ex-arm/.167965 I certainly won't!

Imagine the highers-ups at Crunchyroll seeing this and saying "Yeah it's good to go"

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

I though Gibiate would hold its worst tv anime of all time for a while, but then 2021 comes in all like hol up

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I gave it a go

...It's bad, but not entertainingly so, for the most part. You see everything it has to offer in a few minutes, without any of the terrible plotting you get in truly great bad media

Imagine the highers-ups at Crunchyroll seeing this and saying "Yeah it's good to go"

I imagine what happened was they tossed some money at it early on, thinking that based on the manga it should be the sort of thing their audience would like. Then when they found out how it ended up they didn't want to throw a whole bunch more money at it to get it reanimated

To reply you must either login or sign up.