Forum › Come Rain or Shine discussion

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

:)
Its happening...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It’s fine if you don’t like something, but does this contribute to the discussion?

It don't. It's just me being an ass.

last edited at Nov 10, 2020 1:00AM

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

I didnt realize shishimaru was so tall lmaooo

Isn't it Pengin who is short?

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Avatar definitely checking out right about now.

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

am I the only one getting turned off by all these side relationships? It's well enough written, but still feels like filler to stretch out the main couple's story. It all just feels so meandering and aimless

joined Jul 25, 2020

I mean.. Pengin look sooooo handsome tho

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

am I the only one getting turned off by all these side relationships? It's well enough written, but still feels like filler to stretch out the main couple's story. It all just feels so meandering and aimless

Or it could be the push these useless lesbians need to finally admit their love for each other? It's just a thought. You have a good day.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Avatar definitely checking out right about now.

Can't argue with that.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

angel123kl posted:

hi guys

Hello and welcome to the yuri discussion

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Girls remain cute

Sensei remains creepy

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

The stories seem pretty well interwoven to me, But Im just a thot. Have a bad day

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

very excited for chapter 10...

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Love Arata Iri so much, this is such a perfect series. Though I do wonder if it won't end within a couple chapters? Reveals and development are suddenly happening so rapidly, I'm not sure what would keep this going on longer other than the murder mystery having quite a bit more plot than expected. Perhaps it would be most satisfying for them to get together to end Volume 2, and leave the future volume(s) for fleshing out and building on what's turning into a nice foundation. One can hope.

Though it'd be hilarious if the Prez was actually a murderer and the Miko forgives her for it, because nothing says 'Come Rain or Shine' like sticking with your girlfriend while she's on the run for homicide.

You're funny!

last edited at Nov 10, 2020 11:49PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

i think arata iri puts a lot of effort into writting her characters a lot of ppl like to trash the side characters on tovarisch but i think they´re really well written, all of them have well defined personalities,they work really well as a group and the way every characters act differently depending on who they are talking to is something i rarely see on manga,

i think is the same with this one, the side character really stand on their own

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

i think arata iri puts a lot of effort into writting her characters a lot of ppl like to trash the side characters on tovarisch but i think they´re really well written, all of them have well defined personalities,they work really well as a group and the way every characters act differently depending on who they are talking to is something i rarely see on manga,

That's not the problem tho, it was more that an amount of time was allocated to side characters in Tovarisch and not really enough to the main pairing. Combining with the axing and you got the reason the side pairs are oftenly trash talk. Tbh, i never liked having too much of a big group of side characters like Arata seem fond of because that mean we gonna get sidetrack a lot and might in the end cut into MC's time. I have nothing against side characters but the fact that the trope of having the side couple going further than MC is still midly infuriating to me, even i've learn to deal with it.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

tovarisch feels really rushed to me. it's clear that all the characters are well designed, but they didn't have time to breathe. seemed like too much content was squashed into too few panels, and as a result it was extremely chaotic.

this series by contrast has had enough time to explore the entire ensemble cast, and its much better for it.

i really wanted to like tovarisch, since i like the characters, but it just wasn't readable for me. i couldn't follow the action and conversations from panel to panel.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

tovarisch feels really rushed to me. it's clear that all the characters are well designed, but they didn't have time to breathe. seemed like too much content was squashed into too few panels, and as a result it was extremely chaotic.

I guess you're right tovarisch was chaotic, wich to me was part of the charm of the series, i just love how over the top was, some jokes land some others don't but i think the tone of the manga fits the characters perfectly,
it was rushed and hard to follow and despite all the time put into the side characters some of them still feel shallow so i can understand why some people hate them, but to me tovarisch was so funny and unique that i don't really care
I just have a soft spot for tovarisch since it was one of the first Yuri mangas I've ever read so take my worlds with a grain of salt

this series by contrast has had enough time to explore the entire ensemble cast, and its much better for it

And yes i think come rain or shine is a more complete manga overall, i still miss the comedy but if it means i can read an Arata iri manga without being axed i guess is woth it

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I love Tovarisch, I've rarely seen people talk about the side characters or even the series in general, so I'm surprised it gets any "hate"...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I love Tovarisch, I've rarely seen people talk about the side characters or even the series in general, so I'm surprised it gets any "hate"...

Really ? I remember being a recurent flaw named for Tovarisch. I mean it's not on the sole fact that there a lor of focus on the side characters but the combination with the few chapters and axe that have leave no room for the main couple

Fo6gewav_400x400
joined Feb 1, 2020

If I remember correctly Arata Iri thought she was going to be doing a one shot. After the interview she ended up having to make a manga series and well... the magazine was later closed

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

If I remember correctly Arata Iri thought she was going to be doing a one shot. After the interview she ended up having to make a manga series and well... the magazine was later closed

Wasn't more like the magazine shift to hentai ?

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Wasn't more like the magazine shift to hentai ?

This is what astronomers call a "blue shift."

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

I'm so impressed by how things turned out, specially with Shishimaru and Pengin.
I totally though the artist would focus on the main couple as a whole, while the other characters would be only supports (like in hana ni arashi) but I'm SO GLAD they didn't, it feels so real now that we have a background for the other girls, not only they have eye catching stories but stories even deeper than the main couple, like Shishimaru and Pengin, they're such an odd couple, but their rusted ends just connect perfectly and THAT'S how you do a fucking legendary couple, no doubts. It's hard to make a couple that are always fighting and still not fall into the toxic area, so heck, they did a hell of a good job.

Now with the main couple, they're also in a delicate situation and the way the artist made it happen at the same time amazes me in a weird way. Normally, in the mangas i've read, there's only ONE main, big problem, fight or any type of plot. In here we have 2, with 2 different couples happening at the same time and the characters actually feel alive while at it 'cause they're interacting and worrying with their friends problems but also needing to take care of their own. It feels really realistic for me because it's what happens irl, and it happens a lot, not only you have (or should) be there for your friends, you need to care of yourself, and ngl, it's hard to do that sometimes heh

I don't really know why but, well, this was one of the mangas i really liked 'cause it was funny and nice to read, but now it's actually one of the top tiers for me and i'll be extremely excited to read the new chapters as they come ! : D
(sorry for the long text, i got excited xd)

last edited at Nov 13, 2020 7:23PM

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

(sorry for the long text, i got excited xd)

Hell yeah, get excited for things that bring you joy.

To reply you must either login or sign up.