Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Givemeanaccount
Screen%20shot%202022-10-24%20at%208.03.03%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2017

Meanwhile Hololive Indo.... She can't keep getting away with this!!
https://preview.redd.it/yokknhw56mx51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=fede0626dbc91afa8b8d5876799880fa98ee2383
https://preview.redd.it/93l7j0766mx51.jpg?width=719&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=06df509d7240e2c011eacceea117c565aa19fffa

So, we have Airani wanting Moona to use her boobs like a mousepad, Moona willing to take her up on that offer and spend the night at her place, and Risu trying to encourage her viewers to take up Nonstop Nut November.

What a bizarre group Hololive-ID is

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Just in-case it wasn't clear with the title of this thread explicitly mentioning that off-topic discussion is welcome, I would like to reiterate something. Any poster is welcome to post anything they wish here, so long as it doesn't violate any rules. As rule 11 explicitly states, "Users are encouraged to visit the Dynasty Cafe, where you will be able to talk about any subject you like."

Thanks, take care!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

There was a time where I almost ate and chew a big beetle, because I was focused on my stuff in the computer and then my brother came w/o saying a word and offered me something, I thought it was a piece of chocolate! he used to work in a bakery after all so he would bring cakes or stuff from time to time... So I had absolutely no doubt it was a chocolate or some cupcake that he kindly came to give me.

But no, he just wanted to scare me, didn't even consider I would grab it so naturally, much less take it directly into my mouth.

But it's legs grabbed my lips before it was too late... I didn't freak out, I was shocked xD

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

^ Now that's a good story. I'm glad the beetle was alright. Hate it when the little fellas accidentally die.

Reminds me of this one time I dreamed about inhaling a mosquito. It was super late at night, at that time when you're half-drowsy and can't even tell if you're asleep or awake, so you end up doing weird shit in real life based on dream logic. I was snorting like a madman trying to get that bastard out, and every time my nose tingled or itched, I thought it was still rooting around in there. Then my head started feeling funny, the way it does when you wake up very suddenly, but I thought the bug had climbed into my brain and was sucking blood right out of my cerebrum. I was afraid it would settle down and lay eggs in there, and then a ton of mosquitoes would just live in my head and feed off my brain until my skull was completely empty. I realized how ludicrous the whole thing was when I properly woke up in the morning, but it still makes me nervous every time I inhale cold air or feel like sneezing.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Just in-case it wasn't clear with the title of this thread explicitly mentioning that off-topic discussion is welcome, I would like to reiterate something. Any poster is welcome to post anything they wish here, so long as it doesn't violate any rules. As rule 11 explicitly states, "Users are encouraged to visit the Dynasty Cafe, where you will be able to talk about any subject you like."

Thanks, take care!

So, if I get your meaning right, it's ok to make fun of that banned little troll BugDevil, even if his friends (two, by my count) get hurt?

Oh, goodie goodie goodie. ◠‿◠ Thanks, and you too take care!

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

So, if I get your meaning right, it's ok to make fun of that banned little troll BugDevil, even if his friends (two, by my count) get hurt?

Oh, goodie goodie goodie. ◠‿◠ Thanks, and you too take care!

Actively "making fun" of someone who was banned ages ago looks rather pathetic. Bug was a really shitty poster, and I am not at all saddened they are gone, but your attitude just looks excessively childish. If that is your thing, though, knock yourself out.

And the irony is that Pekoe's post was prompted by someone who most definitely can not be described as Bug's friend, who merely tried to use the discussion in this thread in a sorely misplaced attempt to ingratiate themselves to the staff (the comment in question was posted in another thread and has since been deleted by Pekoe), completely failing to realise that the conversation about Bug was not actually off-topic in an off-topic thread.

last edited at Nov 7, 2020 6:16PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Worth mentionning that it's always the sames one who go on BD, strangely all coming from people going on the spanish thread. JUst a funny thing to point out.

Hurt ? I never talk to BD outside of Dynasty and we were not really best friends. Merely acquitances.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:

Hurt ? I never talk to BD outside of Dynasty and we were not really best friends. Merely acquitances.

You're not openly against BD and your post can be vaguely interpreted as defending them. It's enough to label you as BD's bestest pal ever according to them.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

And the irony is that Pekoe's post was prompted by someone who most definitely can not be described as Bug's friend, who merely tried to use the discussion in this thread in a sorely misplaced attempt to ingratiate themselves to the staff (the comment in question was posted in another thread and has since been deleted by Pekoe), completely failing to realise that the conversation about Bug was not actually off-topic in an off-topic thread.

Ooh, intrigue and subterfuge in Dynasty threads? I guess there could be something in a name.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

^ Now that's a good story. I'm glad the beetle was alright. Hate it when the little fellas accidentally die.

Reminds me of this one time I dreamed about inhaling a mosquito. It was super late at night, at that time when you're half-drowsy and can't even tell if you're asleep or awake, so you end up doing weird shit in real life based on dream logic. I was snorting like a madman trying to get that bastard out, and every time my nose tingled or itched, I thought it was still rooting around in there. Then my head started feeling funny, the way it does when you wake up very suddenly, but I thought the bug had climbed into my brain and was sucking blood right out of my cerebrum. I was afraid it would settle down and lay eggs in there, and then a ton of mosquitoes would just live in my head and feed off my brain until my skull was completely empty. I realized how ludicrous the whole thing was when I properly woke up in the morning, but it still makes me nervous every time I inhale cold air or feel like sneezing.

This is nightmare fuel

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kirin posted:

Junji Ito wants to know your location

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

joined May 24, 2019

??
Why y'all are replying to defend youselves? No names were called.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

I know, right?
I don't even need to make fun of them, they do it to themselves. ¯⧵_(⁰͡ ͜ʖ⁰͡ )_/¯

But, y'know, I'm not really surprised. BugDevil always had fans. I should know: I know his story quite well.

I met him very early. I had just joined. I was elated that I had found a forum for yuri fans; I thought that, in a place where we all liked the same manga, there would be no conflicts nor fighting. I hadn't even posted twenty messages when someone attacked me, in a real jerkass way, over something I had said: it was BugDevil. When I asked wtf was his problem, @Rose explained to me that he was some guy who was rude to everyone and kept being banned but always returned as horrid as before; and @oooeeeaaa (a veteran forum member of 7 years) told me, in much less words, that BugDevil was a TROLL and that I shouldn't talk to him. I agreed to that, and predicted: "If he keeps this up, going vs. the rules and the moderators, he'll dig his own grave anyway." Funny, in hindsight, how right I was.

Anyway, that's how I lost my naive illusions about yuri forums being such lovely peaceful places.

In the following months, I could see that BugDevil was in a downward spiral: picking fights, insulting other writers, disrespecting the moderators, refusing to shut up when told so, being slapped with temporal bans, returning, then starting it again, all in a continual vicious cycle. Most people in the forum were appalled by his behavior, but some ate it up.

This is the thing: you, me and the majority of the forum are thankful for the rules and grateful to the moderators who work hard to enforce them and maintain a nice, enjoyable environment... and gosh knows, with a forum this size, it is some work! But there are those who resent the moderation. Rather than being happy, they are furious when mods intervene to stop a dispute. Rather than thanking them, they would diss them if they dared. They don't, of course, not directly. But they admire someone who dares. That's why BugDevil was their hero: the guy would constantly clash horns with the moderators, take whatever reprimand or punishment came his way, then challenge them again. He did the things they don't dare to do themselves. They swooned at his cheekiness... and were thunderstruck when the little troll was banned for good.

Even now, after half a year, they still can't get over it. They hurt, but they can't do anything. In the end, there's no point in speaking to them: they're fighting for a dead cause. Their posts are, at most, good for a laugh. In BugDevil's war against the system, we are the winners; they are the loser fans of a banned loser.

Let'em do whatever they wanna do, we don't need to care anymore.

last edited at Nov 12, 2020 2:14PM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016
UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Ooh, intrigue and subterfuge in Dynasty threads? I guess there could be something in a name.

To be honest, it was not much in the way of "intrigue and subterfuge". A poster ignited a round of Bug bashing in another thread, where it was completely off-topic and derailed the discussion for a while. Pekoe put an end to it, at which point the original poster did their usual shtick of thanking the staff for doing their job (I know it looks insane when it comes from the same person who ignited the whole thing, but that has literally been their thing for years now) and tried to score brownie points by linking the Cafe thread, specifically the discussion about Bug. "Look, look, teacher, they are doing it here as well." Pekoe deleted this comment when she cleaned up the thread in question, and then posted here, affirming that the talk about Bug in the Cafe was fine.

The unnamed poster I am talking about hated Bug, hence why I found it ironic that the Kase person implied Pekoe was responding to the perceived hurt of Bug's friends.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The unnamed poster I am talking about hated Bug, hence why I found it ironic that the Kase person implied Pekoe was responding to the perceived hurt of Bug's friends.

Emphasis on "Friends" because said "friends" are not even friends with BD to begin with but like Nevri said, we don't laugh at BD and trashtalk him so we're obviously good friends. Seem like tof BD . They don't understand that.

last edited at Nov 8, 2020 3:24PM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I must profusely apologize to anyone who ever recommended The Birthday Massacre to me. I've heard about them for years, but never actually bothered to look into them for one reason or another until yesterday. Then I realized one of my favorite songs on a goth compilation back in 2003, Video Kid, was by them, and I felt so stupid for never following up on that. Amazing music, amazing vocals, amazing style. Accept my humblest apologies, Chibi & gang.

last edited at Nov 8, 2020 3:35PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I feel like sharing great music too so here. Also something more melancholic.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Throbelisk posted:

I must profusely apologize to anyone who ever recommended The Birthday Massacre to me. I've heard about them for years, but never actually bothered to look into them for one reason or another until yesterday. Then I realized one of my favorite songs on a goth compilation back in 2003, Video Kid, was by them, and I felt so stupid for never following up on that. Amazing music, amazing vocals, amazing style. Accept my humblest apologies, Chibi & gang.

I don't remember recommending this band here but I love it too, specially the Album "Walking with Strangers"

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Why does Bugdevil have fans, anyway?

We're fans now ? Then what, next time we will be BD's stans ? Quit it with that, everybody and their mom know what group here has a beef with BD and put him on the table everytime.Honestly it's tiring how much a group of people can hate someone and can not let down of it.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I want this plague doctor plushie. The lamp even glows in the dark! But it's 21 dollars (which is kinda expensive) :(
By the way, I'm not a bot that is trying to advertise plushies. I just thought this was really cute :P

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

At the current rate, it will take months for that proverbial fart in the elevator I did just before leaving it to dissipate, because apparently everyone just keeps adding to it.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Don't worry, @bubbleteabird, I've seen you around often enough to know you're not a bot.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

That reminds me that my best friend said he wants a plague doctor mask to screw with the anti-masktards.

To reply you must either login or sign up.