Forum › I Favor the Villainess discussion

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

(Ch. 4) Ahhh, I forgot how much I love this series! The characters are so great, and they continue to get better. It looks like we won’t get as much depth in the manga as the LN, but it’s a joy to just be hanging out with them again nevertheless!

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

I love when Rei's manipulative side comes out

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Hm...Did she just drop some meta knowledge that nobody is supposed to know? Could be dangerous.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Bored enough the other day to start reading this yokattaaaa. From zero expectations to non-stop giggling with the latest chapter.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

This should be interesting (´ω `)

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Ohoho! It keeps getting better!

Mato-san%201%201
joined Jan 10, 2015

I have to say, Claire expression is hilariously on point xD

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

I love this series so much, I wish I had the time to read the light novel too :cries:

joined Feb 22, 2018

The digital version of the light novel is out in English! There were a few name and translation changes from the webnovel but overall it's mostly the same, with the addition of an extra story that helps connect the last part of the novel with future stuff.

If you're enjoying the manga, you should definitely check out the light novel. There's also going to be a physical version, which will be released on November 10.

https://sevenseasentertainment.com/series/im-in-love-with-the-villainess-light-novel/

Second novel is out in February 2021

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Man it's been so long since I've read the novel that I've completely forgotten what all those words Rei said to the father actually meant. Oh well, just means I get to enjoy the reveal a second time I guess

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Excellent work Rei, Typical overpowered isekai protagonist.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

I started reading the webnovel for the yuri, but Rei was what really made it work for me. Her relationship with Claire is fine- nothing groundbreaking, typical long-term reward fluffy tsundere conquering- but I feel like the webnovel's best parts are when Rei just takes some time to sit down and introspect about class politics, social norms and her own identity within a new world. The author could've just written a 100% yuri version of Bakarina and the fans would've lapped it up, but there's so much more that this story has to offer. It's very willing to examine its own tropes and talk about real-world issues both within and beyond the lens of a fantasy setting, and Rei is honestly one of the best takes on your standard otome isekai protagonist I've ever seen (and not just because she's gay). I'm loving the manga so far, and I hope it doesn't cut out the more introspective and personal sections like so many LN adaptations often do.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

For those wondering, this chapter was based on the web novel chapters 8 and 9, with the former being the meeting with Rod and the latter being her becoming Claire's maid. No major changes happened here, though one of the things I do like about this version is that we got to see Claire blushing at Rei sincerely defending/complementing here. Also lol at Misha being resigned at being a third wheel.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I wonder if becoming Claire's maid was even an option in the original game? Because it seems so specific to Rei's particular interests that I don't see why it would be present in a plot focused entirely on dating the princely trio.

last edited at Oct 18, 2020 4:32AM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I wonder if becoming Claire's maid was even an option in the original game? Because it seems so specific to Rei's particular interests that I don't see why it would be present in a plot focused entirely on dating the princely trio.

According to the original web novel chapter, the main character getting a part-time job was an important thing in the game, but there's no mention if actually becoming a maid (much less Claire's maid) was originally an option. If I had to guess, it probably wasn't - even though Claire and the original MC's relationship was very different from Claire and Rei's current relationship, Claire probably wouldn't have wanted her as a maid either way.

joined Apr 5, 2015

Yeah, from the webnovel chapters I got the impression that if she could have become Clare's maid in game she would have done so in almost every play-through and commented about it (like how she mentions she usually went for Sein's route as it is the route with the most Claire). Since she didn't, I can only assume it wasn't an option at all.

joined Apr 11, 2014

Anyone knows where the first volume of the light novels ends with respect to the manga?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I dont think she could become claires maid as one of the games options for part time work- claire would have been too against it- the only reason she could force it through here was that knowledge she had that the MC in the game doesn't that let her get claires father to override her.

@Arcane Any idea how many physical LNs the series will span? I mean up to the end of the first part of the novel when the game would have ended? And the digital one is the same i assume- not the whole thing?

I've read the web novel and would like to reread it physically- but only once its all out. I dont think vol 2 in feb is the last one is it? seems a lot to fit in just 2 volumes.

last edited at Oct 18, 2020 5:33PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Anyone knows where the first volume of the light novels ends with respect to the manga?

The end of the first light novel is still a ways away. I checked the Kindle version, and the manga isn't even 20% through the first volume yet.

@Arcane Any idea how many physical LNs the series will span? I mean up to the end of the first part of the novel when the game would have ended? And the digital one is the same i assume- not the whole thing?

I've read the web novel and would like to reread it physically- but only once its all out. I dont think vol 2 in feb is the last one is it? seems a lot to fit in just 2 volumes.

There are 3 light novel volumes right now; I'm pretty sure that's all there will be (unless the sequel also gets made into a light novel).

last edited at Oct 18, 2020 5:57PM

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ohoho, using meta knowledge as blackmail, huh? All's fair in love and Vnovels.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Yup tho it doesn't mean guaranteed outcomes. I dunno if it will mention it in the next chapter- but in the LN after that bit she comments if she hadn't handled it right, she wouldnt have left that room alive.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^Surely an acceptable risk in the name of love.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

(also she's already dead)

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I binge-read the web novel, and my mouth is sore from constantly grinning at Rei and Claire’s flirtatious bickering

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Can't wait for the Fate reference

To reply you must either login or sign up.