Forum › Fragments of Love discussion

300129l_-_kopie
joined Jul 27, 2013

look at chapter 15 page 21, so there will be someone else coming to Mika's life heart broken
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fragments_of_love_ch15#19

That's.... that's Mayu.

I'm going to believe.

That can't be Mayu. She is sitting there right to the opposite of Saki in a red shirt. If I had to guess. It could be the woman from chapter 1 that in the meantime got a baby.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

All that is left in this series is the end of love & peace...

Also, I just noticed that all the chapter end with "Fin"... Is it considered as a classy word for Jin to use it like that ? I'm french so I don't see the interest in using that word

last edited at Nov 8, 2014 6:13AM

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

"I'm sorry"

Fuck.

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Oh the feels, can't say I liked the ending, but it wasn't bad either. I really wanted Mayu and Mika together, and the more I think about it the less I like it but whatever, I'll just pretend this never happened and live in denial.

last edited at Nov 8, 2014 11:58AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Am I the only one satisfied about the ending to this story??

I can understand why people are pissy about it since it sorta doesn't really feel like it should end there. There's not a whole lot of resolution and especially at the end of a longer story like that it can feel really underwhelming. Personally the biggest thing that disappointed me (and also confused me a little with the wording) was that Saki and Mayu didn't get together and just chose to stay friends which seemed a little bit odd. Though it's not like they explicitly ruled out the future and Mayu did sorta get rejected by Mika not long before all that. (Spoilered this time since I learned how.)

Lililicious' release page on their blog mentioned some extras as well so maybe there will be more there.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I think the girl with glasses and the girl across from her are Saki and Mayu. So the girl in the foreground must be someone else. In any case, it's not Mayu; Mayu's hair is completely straight, and this girl's hair curls at the ends.

If the girl in the foreground ends being Mika's former tutor, is gonna be the sign that Jin's losing her touch.

Bayonettamachinekill
joined Apr 8, 2013

Ok what the fudge! I'M TALKING TO JIN ABOUT THIS! Mayu didn't end up with Mika and now she's adding new character to end up with Mika.....and Mayu is staying with the glasses girl who looks like me....Jin, Jin, Jin.....Why....why do you do this to me, lovely lady. I'm having a talk with her tonight regarding this ending... I'm heart broken.

Bayonettamachinekill
joined Apr 8, 2013

OH COME THE FUCK ON! THAT WASN'T A FUCKING ENDING AT ALL! God fucking damn it. I had some actual hopes for this series and it goes and pulls this shit on me. Naw. Fuck you. There better be a fucking sequel or something or I swer to gerd. I swear to fuck, sometimes I feel like Takemiya Jin makes a list of things I would like to happen in a series/ending and then PURPOSELY DOES THE FUCKING OPPOSITE. EVERY. FUCKING. TIME. SOMEBODY TELL ME THERE'S A SEQUEL WHERE MIKA AND MAYU GET TOGETHER GFDI! RAGE. HOW LONG DID WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR THIS SHITTY ENDING ANYWAY!? At least two years right!? That makes it so much fucking worse, I literally just can't even.
I'm starting to feel like yuri series (emphasis on series because there are some nice oneshot endings) are just incapable of having decent endings. there's always a husband, or a death, or a disappearance, or an abandonment, or a open ending, or a unrequited love RIGHT FUCKING THERE to ruin it for me. Every time. And I've read nearly every yuri that's been translated so this is starting to seriously hurt me. Actual physical pain. As my heart is crushed every time there's a bad ending.

I feel the pain. I'M MESSAGING Jin tonight on twitter regarding the subject. I'll let her know everyone wants mikaxmayu pretend this three chapters were never done and to do a sequel to finish it right xD

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

^ Thank you friend (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

joined Feb 1, 2013

They broke up...?

What?!

Seriously, that's a terrible way to end this... No, it's not even an ending, it's a non-ending!

The story went to all that trouble to get the blond girl and the dark-haired girl together, then it has them break up like it's no big deal, all "what evs yo".

Well, this was certainly a bad ending- a love triangle where everyone gets friendzoned!

joined Aug 1, 2013

They broke up...?

What?!

Seriously, that's a terrible way to end this... No, it's not even an ending, it's a non-ending!

The story went to all that trouble to get the blond girl and the dark-haired girl together, then it has them break up like it's no big deal, all "what evs yo".

Well, this was certainly a bad ending- a love triangle where everyone gets friendzoned!

They were never together to begin with.

joined Sep 21, 2012

Well, I guess that was a way to resolve the triangle without hurting anyone. No one ends up with anyone!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, I guess that was a way to resolve the triangle without hurting anyone. No one ends up with anyone!

Nobody is hurt, but nobody has a girlfriend. There's a lesson there, I suppose.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Nobody is hurt

I'm sure a lot of people are hurt after a sunk ship or two.

joined Jan 31, 2013

to me they kinda ruined this towards the end and with the ending dont get me wrong was a brilliant story and characters with real deptha nd storyline to it but how they did the ending really ruined it well thats jjust my opinion =)

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Just finished this, and I must say I really liked it.

... Until the ending. Dang it, I really wanted Mayu and Mika to work out. ;_;

Tumblr_ndoxqrqy3c1qeceb8o1_1280
joined Oct 30, 2014

wow!!! Finally... 3 chapters in one go!
Thank you so much! >_<

I love this series and I've been waiting for the translation for the longest time.

Av
joined Jun 7, 2013

WHAT THE EFFING FAK.

I simply cannot accept this ending. I just can't. What happened to MikaxMayu ship?! And I can't even get to like this Saki girl. Its probably because of the short hair lels but GAWD the stress this ending has caused me!

OTL

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think the big thing I didn't like about the ending isn't the "we're all friends" aspect or that our ships weren't satisfied, but the fact that it totally didn't resolve Mika's story arc. I mean seriously, how do you get from this conversation:

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fragments_of_love_ch08#6

and later Mayu saying,

"I won't abandon you! I'm not leaving your side until you've learned how to have a relationship with someone you love!"

get addressed when the moment Mika gets a rival she immediately backs off and says "go right ahead" to Saki? The most that gets resolved is her lingering feelings for her tutor, but that's only half of it isn't it?

I have trouble seeing how this could be dealt with in the extras, so we're basically left with this major unresolved element.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

With respects to the mystery woman here : http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fragments_of_love_ch15#19

I have two [wild] theories...
Let's start with what someone pointed out earlier in that the woman has curls at the end of her hair. Looking back through every single page, I found one that might be an identifier (though still a stranger, and if I am honest to myself, which I am usually not, just might be a random person with a similar hairstyle)-- http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fragments_of_love_ch10#18 Look at the middle panel. Mayu is talking to someone. Look at her hair.

And my WILD theory is that it is Mayu. Earlier it was addressed that Mayu was with her friend and that she has straight hair so it couldn't be her. But here are some examples where her hair doesn't stay perfectly straight (ha! punny).

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fragments_of_love_ch06#1
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fragments_of_love_ch14#12

And as for a speculative remark that it could be the young woman from the beginning who ended up becoming pregnant and with a child later... her hair is all wrong for it. -- http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fragments_of_love_ch01#11

I know I'm just grasping at straws... but I really want to know. I'm too invested to not try to speculate. -_- Sorrynotsorry.

last edited at Nov 9, 2014 5:14PM

Klz1234699998m
joined May 15, 2012

that situation hurt much more later on ... i was shipping sakixmayu (after the chap when Saki says "i'm going to support you when you are hurt...but who is going to support me")

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

And my WILD theory is that it is Mayu. Earlier it was addressed that Mayu was with her friend and that she has straight hair so it couldn't be her. But here are some examples where her hair doesn't stay perfectly straight (ha! punny).

That's clearly Mayu at the table with Saki though. Compare the hair style she has in the center of the page here on one of the pages you linked: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fragments_of_love_ch14#12
to the light haired girl sitting down near the middle of the page with Saki here: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fragments_of_love_ch15#19
There's no way that's not Mayu. It's probably either a random character actually unrelated to the story just added for the illustration or just one who hasn't been introduced yet.

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

Am I the only one satisfied about the ending to this story??

I can understand why people are pissy about it since it sorta doesn't really feel like it should end there. There's not a whole lot of resolution and especially at the end of a longer story like that it can feel really underwhelming. Personally the biggest thing that disappointed me (and also confused me a little with the wording) was that Saki and Mayu didn't get together and just chose to stay friends which seemed a little bit odd. Though it's not like they explicitly ruled out the future and Mayu did sorta get rejected by Mika not long before all that. (Spoilered this time since I learned how.)

Lililicious' release page on their blog mentioned some extras as well so maybe there will be more there.

There's going to be some spin off of this or maybe a sequel because one of the last pages had all the characters in the cafe and they all were showing faces except one the woman with the brown hair who Mika was blushing at. Seeing that tells me that Takemiya Jin is not done with this series.

joined Jun 27, 2014

That's clearly Mayu at the table with Saki though. Compare the hair style she has in the center of the page here on one of the pages you linked: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fragments_of_love_ch14#12
to the light haired girl sitting down near the middle of the page with Saki here: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fragments_of_love_ch15#19
There's no way that's not Mayu. It's probably either a random character actually unrelated to the story just added for the illustration or just one who hasn't been introduced yet.

There's going to be some spin off of this or maybe a sequel because one of the last pages had all the characters in the cafe and they all were showing faces except one the woman with the brown hair who Mika was blushing at. Seeing that tells me that Takemiya Jin is not done with this series.

joined Jun 27, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fragments_of_love_ch15#19

To reply you must either login or sign up.