Forum › Will These Words Reach You, Bonus Track #Harajuku discussion

Fb_img_1599741472071
joined Aug 15, 2020

Yes AKB48... Yagoo hello

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

I love it! reminds me of my American ex waifu. I barely spoke English (my native language is Spanish) it was difficult not being able to understand each other

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

Almost forgot that tan girl knew spanish lol. Also the word pequeno needs to be pequeño for pronounciation purposes. Cause when a spanish person reads it it sounds incorrect lol.

And man I can probably imagine that its hard for Japanese people to learn spanish, even if they adopted a few spanish/portuguese words to their language.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

So happy this got a sequel!!!

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

It's called The Frontier, you can find it by clicking the Language Gap tag.

Wait. we have a Language Gap tag now?! I was just thinking that we needed one! I love it and this needs to be the next yuri trend. They've done just about every other gap, after all........ sees herself out

F0c1c7ea6c0d24b021d03256f2c658f6
joined Oct 9, 2019

I-is this what u guys call happiness...?

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Awwww, good to see these cute pumpkins again. Yuri needs no translation.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Wouldnt "tu me Gusta" be "you delight me"

But... Spanish ppl is not black xD

WTF DO JAPANESE PPL THINK OF US, I'M LIKE NUCLEAR WHITE

She's just tan, you can see it on the cover page.

Anyways historias como eastas contentan mí corazón, thanks for the translation.

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

Wouldnt "tu me Gusta" be "you delight me"

"Tu me gustas" and "me gustas tu" both mean "I like you". The syntax is different but that does not change the literal meaning of the phrase. The verb gustar does not translate to "to like" but rather "to please" and I think that's where you might get a bit confused. If someone were to say "tu me gustas" it does not mean "you please me/you delight me", but rather simply, "I like you".

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

They said "fuck the language barrier" and kicked that shit down! This is some good stuff.

I remember my Spanish teachers in middle and high school always saying to never use "me gustas" to say "I love you", as it has a very sexual connotation. Is that true?

joined Apr 28, 2019

Some cute ass shit!!! uwu

406xnddi
joined May 9, 2018

They said "fuck the language barrier" and kicked that shit down! This is some good stuff.

I remember my Spanish teachers in middle and high school always saying to never use "me gustas" to say "I love you", as it has a very sexual connotation. Is that true?

Not really, "me gustas"(I like you) is usually used when you confess your love to someone
If you are already in a relationship and want to show your affection to your boyfriend/girlfriend you say "te amo"(I love you)

But as always context matter so sometimes it has a sexual connotation xd

joined Sep 13, 2018

it was damn cute but the girl never finded a job after all that time , there should be a 3rd part with the spanish girl getting married to her , getting to officialy live in japan and getting the other girl into a steady life in some small cheap apartment.

joined May 30, 2016

Wow, that was sweet and wholesome, I like it.
Also, the Spanish chick did mention in the main story that she works at the seaside hotel which is probably how she got tanned.

Images__01
joined Nov 3, 2019

Soooo cute! I'm glad we were able to see them reunite again :D

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

YURI. SAVED. HISTORY

Gay
joined Jun 13, 2016

wholesome wholseomwholseom wholesome

Glitterinqcake
Img_20200501_122324
joined Apr 12, 2018

Was she trying to sing aitakatta?

joined Oct 2, 2020

I don't know if anyone else will care about this, but the setting of the manga and the prequel was in Cebu, which was in the Philippines. Assuming that the girlfriend of the protagonist was a local employee or owner of the resort/hotel the protag stayed at, then she's a Filipina. We have brown skin, often tanned even more by the sun because it's hot here, but not all. The Spanish here are integrated in our language, but not exactly the same.
For example, the "me gustas" is "Gusto kita" in our language. But there are also people who are still well-versed in spanish. If it will be geographically accurate tho, the gf-chan is speaking in Cebuanon Dialect.

I just assume that the author have an easier time just using the spanish language for the manga.

So that explains why the girlfriend was dark-skinned and not white, because she was actually a Filipina.

joined Oct 2, 2020

Was she trying to sing aitakatta?

I think so xD it's actually pretty funny because they tried to create groups here that mirrors the idol scene in Japan and Korea, and one of those groups created is called MNL48. They sung aitakatta.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=374rntKWH54

Zzzz
joined Nov 18, 2019

I don't know if anyone else will care about this, but the setting of the manga and the prequel was in Cebu, which was in the Philippines. Assuming that the girlfriend of the protagonist was a local employee or owner of the resort/hotel the protag stayed at, then she's a Filipina. We have brown skin, often tanned even more by the sun because it's hot here, but not all. The Spanish here are integrated in our language, but not exactly the same.
For example, the "me gustas" is "Gusto kita" in our language. But there are also people who are still well-versed in spanish. If it will be geographically accurate tho, the gf-chan is speaking in Cebuanon Dialect.

I just assume that the author have an easier time just using the spanish language for the manga.

So that explains why the girlfriend was dark-skinned and not white, because she was actually a Filipina.

But she explain to...Protagonist-chan... that she used to go to karaokes in Spain (pag 09) in a big place, then in the first one (chapter) she (girlfriend-chan) explain she's in a study trip so, she's from Spain.

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

YURI. SAVED. HISTORY

Thank you for noticing my pun.

Dlhq47huuaarbzb
joined Nov 22, 2017

I'm seeing quite a bit of controversy as why I translated 'I like you' as 'I love you'. Based on the author not really knowing Spanish (evidenced in many grammatical errors and the lack of ñ), they probably don't know that 'me gustas' doesn't carry enough power in that situation, especially considering the response was 'I love you too'; therefore, the correct translation in my interpretation that carries author's intention is 'I love you'. And it has no sexual connotation by itself.

D2ad4ba6-d1f7-4800-86c3-5a64a1f1e50f
joined Jan 15, 2017

Heart go doki doki

To reply you must either login or sign up.