Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

Vivy-v-chan
joined Aug 14, 2020

Curry is love!

5%20(1)~2
joined Dec 13, 2019

Im dropping this manga too after seeing the earlier comments about what the author said. I wont sit thru another chapter of a het that obviously wont even end up together just for some crumbs of ''''''''''''''yuri'''''''''''''. If koyuki can recognize her brother is in love then why the hell cant she for herself?

joined Jul 26, 2016

If koyuki can recognize her brother is in love then why the hell cant she for herself?

"The hardest thing is knowing yourself."

joined Jul 27, 2020

this chapter seems like a filler for me, but somehow I understand Kaede's feeling. It's hard to loose the tight bond with someone close to you (especially siblings). Kaede's sister didn't care about Kaede's feeling, replying to her message half-heartedly. if my siblings did that to me, I'd be lonely as well.

anyway, the pace is just too slow...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Lol'd at people getting mad because the main pairing isn't the focus. Did you read the title or what ? It was about Kaede,not them. Kaede have equally things on her mind that could be deal with. And ffs, we had already a lot about the 2 MCs to let have side characters chapters no ? Side characters moving faster than MC ? Yeah dude crazy right, it's like the first time it happen. Seriously, it happen all the time,just look at Useless Lesbians Princesses.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

It's not even a case of a side character growing faster than the MCs, Kaede is still behind in dealing with her own issues compared to them and said issues are thematically connected to Koyuki and Konatsu's. I understand some people's frustration in having to wait a month each time only to have to wait longer for what they want to see, but they should know by now that Kaede is the third most important character in the series and every time she receives focus, it's always in the context of her not wanting the MCs to make the same mistakes as her.

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

I wonder how old or young the author is. I feel like I'm reading a novel with a psychological theme from the 90's and and early 2010's. This could have been conceptualized and written by someone in their late 20's or 30's.

For me, the story isn't a coming-of-age romance with characters glorifying their newfound "feelings" for each other, with an obligatory fuck chapter near the end of it. Romance essentially is an idealization of human emotions and subjective experiences and places them above cold-hard logic and reason. I'm amazed at how the story is crafted as an idealization of the feelings of impending isolation and facing sadness and the heroism of people navigating those emotions in any way they can.

If I'm going to stretch my conclusion, the story has some elements of City of Angels, sweetened form. It's a kind of romantic heroism, where people know what's going to happen, that something will remain a cycle in itself, a kind of "impending doom". Yet, despite that they still go on and cherish people around them or the memory of them; or the process with which they come to terms with their lot in life.

Sigh. I got bored and reread the chapters. I can't blame if some "drops" this. Themes like "loneliness" and "separation" aren't easy to sell to the audience and it's hard to wrap them around a conventional romance with bombastic happy endings. However, I believe those who drop this work will miss out. This is one of the best GL works I've seen.

Also, GLORIOUS ART!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's not even a case of a side character growing faster than the MCs, Kaede is still behind in dealing with her own issues compared to them and said issues are thematically connected to Koyuki and Konatsu's. I understand some people's frustration in having to wait a month each time only to have to wait longer for what they want to see, but they should know by now that Kaede is the third most important character in the series and every time she receives focus, it's always in the context of her not wanting the MCs to make the same mistakes as her.

Good post. To me, this series is really one of the type that reads much better when completed rather than chapter by chapter in serialization (I mean, when I re-read what’s been been done so far—I know it’s not completed).

That’s because it’s such a slow burn, and because (to me, one of the things that makes it so narratively interesting) the plot doesn’t work by having a character realize something that solves their problem—the “epiphany as resolution” model. Here characters work their way towards tough realizations that then reveal they have further work to do.

If this were using a much more standard approach, Konatsu, because she is lonely herself, would be the only one to realize how lonely Koyuki is, she’d break through Koyuki’s shell—boom, yuri ending.

But here, Koyuki’s realization of her own loneliness opens up a whole new set of things she needs to learn and to change about herself, and the same is true of Konatsu and Kaede as well.

Poor Fuyuki—he’ll never replace Glasses-chan in Kaede’s heart. . .

joined Jul 26, 2019

I'm afraid that it's like a lot of manga and that the author takes a lot of time and an "auxiliary" chapter and that in the end it's a kind of rush with a hurried end or with a lot of questions or opportunities to go deeper wasted.
I don't dislike kaede and fuyuki but it makes a whole chapter about something quite banal, the author wants to make too much melancholy at the slightest opportunity, you have to balance the situations, otherwise you get the impression that all these people are depressive and their lives are miserable.
I hope that in the next chapter we will finally have real interactions especially between konatsu and koyuki, because otherwise I'll start to think that the author is trying to save time for X reasons... and please don't take the easy shortcut where kaede wants to prevent konatsu and koyuki from making the same mistake. And it would also be frustrating if the story ends with an obvious melancholic good bye between konatsu and koyuki as just good friends, it would be a waste personally.

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 10:21AM

joined Jul 1, 2018

Good post. To me, this series is really one of the type that reads much better when completed rather than chapter by chapter in serialization (I mean, when I re-read what’s been been done so far—I know it’s not completed).

I think right now, we are all experiencing the pain that readers of long-running shoujo (and Shonen) romance manga feel, I can't imagine reading something like Fruits Basket or Maid-sama as it was being published lol.

And yeah, I always go back to re-read this manga in particular because there are so many things that happened in previous chapters that make more sense due to information coming out in later chapters.

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 10:49AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Needs more actual fish. This is aquarium tease!

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 11:54AM

joined Sep 1, 2020

i kind of don't get the latest chapter

joined Jul 1, 2018

I liked how this chapter (29 in its entirety) served as a direct sequel to Kaede's first chapter. The one thing that made me the most happy was that this chapter allowed this manga to give depth to a character with an otherwise tropey, plot-device like personality. Regarding her older sister leaving, if she's only two years older than Kaede, she ha to have left as soon as she graduated or even before that. Kaede's response to that was pretty reasonable in my eyes, granted that she hadn't mentioned it at all beforehand, and the fact that her sister didn't even seem bother by the fact that she wouldn't see her anymore must have really hurt for her. Its like someone that you love so much only loving you a fraction of it back, if they can leave you and not bother to stay in touch or anything.

Besides all that, This page was by far the most interesting page of the chapter:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch29_5#31

If Honami was a normal teen, I would assume she's hiding her vape or something lol. But I think whatever it is that she put in there is going to be important, since I don't even think her desk has a drawer in chapter 24, which is the last time I recall seeing it. The fact that she can't even show it to her brother must mean that it's ultra-embarrassing or secretive.

Overall, I enjoyed this chapter, it really served as a break between the previous arc and what ever the next one will be, and I'm looking forward to the obligatory maybe hand holding with a side of semi-gay next chapter.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Am I the only one worried about Honami-san coming home with a tan? I thought the whole point of the sleepover was that she was going to cram school and didn't have time for stuff. Why would she be outside all day?

You misunderstood the page, even though Fuyuki and Koyuki were the ones on panel when that line was said, it was Kaede saying it to Konatsu, and Konatsu got a little tan because she had been at Aoshima (the cat island) all day with her kouhais of the aquarium club as seen in the previous half of the chapter.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Am I the only one worried about Honami-san coming home with a tan? I thought the whole point of the sleepover was that she was going to cram school and didn't have time for stuff. Why would she be outside all day?

You misunderstood the page, even though Fuyuki and Koyuki were the ones on panel when that line was said, it was Kaede saying it to Konatsu, and Konatsu got a little tan because she had been at Aoshima (the cat island) all day with her kouhais of the aquarium club as seen in the previous half of the chapter.

Gah, another one! I feel like I had a lot of trouble telling who was speaking this chapter. Two others I caught, had to go back and reread when I realized the speaker wasn't who I thought it was. Some visual clue when off-panel characters are speaking would have helped, but that's the artist's choice.

joined Jul 1, 2018

Gah, another one! I feel like I had a lot of trouble telling who was speaking this chapter. Two others I caught, had to go back and reread when I realized the speaker wasn't who I thought it was. Some visual clue when off-panel characters are speaking would have helped, but that's the artist's choice.

When then speech bubbles are circular without the little v-hook thing at the end, it usually indicates the speaker is not in the panel. That being said, I had to reread the page and use context clues to figure out what was going on, too :/

If Honami was a normal teen, I would assume she's hiding her vape or something lol. But I think whatever it is that she put in there is going to be important, since I don't even think her desk has a drawer in chapter 24, which is the last time I recall seeing it. The fact that she can't even show it to her brother must mean that it's ultra-embarrassing or secretive.

It's her secret stash of aquatic themed yuri manga

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

The twist being that she collects them for the inevitable aquarium date scenes to check the fish and hasn't noticed they're all yuri.

joined Jul 1, 2018

The twist being that she collects them for the inevitable aquarium date scenes to check the fish and hasn't noticed they're all yuri.

“I just thought they were really good friends, that’s all”

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Its probably just the frog

Right, she bought it together with the salamander while on her field trip the previous year with the intention of giving Konatsu the frog (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch15#24) but she was too embarassed and just gave her the salamander instead since it wouldn't have as many implications. Then Kaede noticed the frog sitting on Koyuki's desk when she visited her room (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch18#14 and the next two pages) and now it looks like Koyuki stuffed it into the desk drawer so that Konatsu won't see it upon going to her room, but I expect Kaede to ask where she put it not knowing its real meaning so the cat will be out of the bag.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Or the frog out of the drawer.

joined Mar 29, 2019

This manga is so goofy, I never know what to expect. At least the two main leads can hang out like normal 'friends' now without being bashful about their needs.

joined Jul 1, 2018

Its probably just the frog

Right, she bought it together with the salamander while on her field trip the previous year with the intention of giving Konatsu the frog (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch15#24) but she was too embarassed and just gave her the salamander instead since it wouldn't have as many implications. Then Kaede noticed the frog sitting on Koyuki's desk when she visited her room (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch18#14 and the next two pages) and now it looks like Koyuki stuffed it into the desk drawer so that Konatsu won't see it upon going to her room, but I expect Kaede to ask where she put it not knowing its real meaning so the cat will be out of the bag.

That is a good point, since I didn’t see the frog in the panel, though why would she try and hide it from Fuyuki, since he would know it’s there? The reason why the page was so interesting to me was that AFTER finding out who it was coming into her room, she told him to wait.

Though it is totally in her character to do something like that. I wouldn’t think that there would be any embarrassment though, considering that chapters 26-28 happened.

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 9:54PM

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Can't think of what else it would be, she has already turned in her questionnaire for her future career and Konatsu and Kaede already know she's leaving anyway. Anything else would probably be something that hasn't been seen before.

joined Jul 1, 2018

Anything else would probably be something that hasn't been seen before.

That would be nice, but... very unlikely :/

Every month I always have some out-there theory on what is going to happen next, and it doesn't happen. I'm just going to play it save and say its the frog.

"Koyuki, what's that manga you're holding?"

"Ever heard of 'Bloom into You'? Theres a really nice aquarium scene in chapter 24!"

To reply you must either login or sign up.