Forum › Roid discussion

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

all this technology and they could’nt make Exo suits for disabled people? or just robotic legs

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

fauce posted:

It's bizarre to me how many writers (and people in general) don't seem to view destroying or deleting a sapient intelligence as murder if it's digital.

This writer might, but it's clearly supposed to be like, lesser murder, since its definitely not written as if we're supposed to interpret the two who were okay with deleting her as murdering psychopaths?

We're accidental meat robots built by dumb luck and a lot of time. We should treat our fellow robots with respect, dang it.

Absolutely, I was so indignant when I was getting to that part, Anna deserves better

Consider that people tend to value an original painting more than its replicas...

I like this manga.

Replica paintings aren't intelligent nor alive though, lol.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Not the one armed robot!

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

fauce posted:

It's bizarre to me how many writers (and people in general) don't seem to view destroying or deleting a sapient intelligence as murder if it's digital.

This writer might, but it's clearly supposed to be like, lesser murder, since its definitely not written as if we're supposed to interpret the two who were okay with deleting her as murdering psychopaths?

We're accidental meat robots built by dumb luck and a lot of time. We should treat our fellow robots with respect, dang it.

Absolutely, I was so indignant when I was getting to that part, Anna deserves better

Consider that people tend to value an original painting more than its replicas...

I like this manga.

Replica paintings aren't intelligent nor alive though, lol.

It's a good analogy here because Anna loves Reina, but believes (probably correctly) that Reina likes Yui better because she's the original she knows

last edited at Sep 4, 2020 11:45PM

joined Dec 30, 2018

Ooooh spicy

joined Sep 6, 2018

Enough character development! Back to the plot in chapter 4! (Nice manga so far)

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

So the person in the hood is the hacker who's making robots attack people. Probably the voice in Anna's head discouraging her from helping. A human who hates robots (attacked like Yui)? A robot fomenting an uprising? Whoever it is will probably want to destroy Anna if they can't control her. This is getting deep in more ways than one.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So the person in the hood is the hacker who's making robots attack people. Probably the voice in Anna's head discouraging her from helping. A human who hates robots (attacked like Yui)? A robot fomenting an uprising? Whoever it is will probably want to destroy Anna if they can't control her. This is getting deep in more ways than one.

I don't think she is a hacker, but rather a fellow android (perhaps even another human copy?). This chapter is basically a hint of why regular droids go on rampages: they talk to a human-like android and contract a "logic virus" that makes them first realize the depths of mistreatment they are subjected to and then question and eventually bypass the no-fighting-back restriction. The droid in this chapter was inspired to rebel by Anna, but I think the mysterious hoodie girl at the end was the origin of the previous outbreaks.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I have read enough SciFi to see where this leads to. Abuse your robots like that and you will end up as a battery to them.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Giving how Japan is all about conformity I'd say the message will be about the robots being in the wrong to upset the social order; so it'll end with everyone deciding that they need to be banned altogether so people can continue on living in peace. ^^

joined Nov 14, 2013

all this technology and they could’nt make Exo suits for disabled people? or just robotic legs

Given what we know of Yui currently, it's probaby likely that was the intended purpose of Anne's body to begin with - Yui probably intended to do a full transfer instead of a copy until she was talked out of it.

Robotic prosthetics are likely available but they're probably more like robotic exo-frames, where Yui seems the type that would want prosthetics that work almost exactly like human legs (but better maybe?) - which is exactly what she built in Anne.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Getting Ergo Proxy vibes from this.... Some cogito-virus ass shit happening right there

868e64eacaeed480084b005ae21b7c4c
joined Jul 19, 2018

"Have you ever read A-hem roid?"

868e64eacaeed480084b005ae21b7c4c
joined Jul 19, 2018

"You were thar middle-schooler!"
"I'm a high-schooler."
"Why are you in high school!?"
"I graduated middle-school..."

I loved this banter...

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Ah shit it's never good news when a hooded mf shows up

Chocolate%20photo%20-%20copy
joined Apr 2, 2013

Good job on the upload!
Lol didn’t notice the initial flow of the pages until I reached the “last” page wondering what happened?
Of course after refreshing, everything was good.

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Hard to be an android without angst.

Unknown-4
joined Sep 6, 2020

I ship Yui and Reina so badly

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I ship Yui and Reina so badly

What about Anna's poor, aching heart?

last edited at Sep 12, 2020 12:09AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

They pretty quickly started looking at Anna as "this other girl", eh? Don't even notice when they talk about her ... just back when she was still human ^^;

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

They pretty quickly started looking at Anna as "this other girl", eh? Don't even notice when they talk about her ... just back when she was still human ^^;

They treat her as a thing, and really don't show her a lot of warmth considering she's basically a teenage girl who just found out she's a clone of someone else with fake memories

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Getting Ergo Proxy vibes from this.... Some cogito-virus ass shit happening right there

Ah, I see you are a person of culture, as well. Didn't expect people to still remember Ergo Proxy...

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

You just don't forget something as awful as Ergo Proxy.

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Lol that extra page turned it from serious into funny

Cerberus_pikomarie-supersmall
joined Feb 27, 2019

anna is the child

reina + yui are the parents

hahahahaha

To reply you must either login or sign up.