Forum › I Favor the Villainess discussion

Rsz_1screenshot_2021-08-18_at_11-24-04_the_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_fr%c3%a9d%c3%a9rica_miyamoto_shiki_ichinose_%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc_-_pixiv
joined Apr 25, 2018

It is interesting how OP isekai element is used differently here. Instead of showing-off her magic, Rei basically just uses it to 'cheat' the contest.

Reduceimagesize.net_60kb_896
joined Jul 12, 2020

I have a feeling Rei asked Claire not to give up because of something she knows happens at the end of the game.

yup

last edited at Sep 12, 2020 7:33PM

Reduceimagesize.net_60kb_896
joined Jul 12, 2020

I'm liking it so far, but i do hope the romance gets a bit more serious as chapters go on. The thing i hate about stories where the girl MC is head over heels for another girl is that the feelings of the MC are often played for laughs and it never go past that. Well, maybe theres a subtle hint that the other girl is starting to respect her a little, but thats about it.

They fuck and raise 2 adopted daughters together
Also, Rei’s sexuality and feelings for Claire are discussed more seriously later on

And rei has her own reason for acting like a clown, not minding even if claire won't return her feelings
And yes, the serious part actually pretty sad, and the battle for claire is also angsty, just wait for a few more chapters(ง˃̶͈⚰˂̶́)ง⁼³₌₃

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

"I actually wrote fanfiction."

I feel seen

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

wow

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Do not repost this anywhere!

Too late.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Too late.

Look at the first post in this thread; the scanlators okay’d the series getting uploaded here

joined Jun 7, 2019

those who compare this story with hamefura ?????????
Hamefura is a good anime and novel but it is a comedy, the plot (if not for the comedy) is not that interesting, also they know that it is not the first otome game novel, right? There are a lot of those, only that hamefura was the first to have an adaptation.
Personally, I like this story better because it is a bit more serious and has a good development, slowly but surely (in addition to the fact that the novel touches on issues such as class differences, feminism or lgbt)

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Well now I'm optimistic about some actual yuri in this story. I hope we won't be disappointed.

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Too late.

Look at the first post in this thread; the scanlators okay’d the series getting uploaded here

We're on page 11 so I forgot that. Still laugh a little when I see it, though.

last edited at Sep 12, 2020 10:33PM

joined Jun 7, 2019

It's so funny how Claire acts so full of herself and teases Rei (SPOILER)in this part of the story when currently in the novel she is so loving to Rei lol
I live for that cliché of enemies to lovers

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Just typing (SPOILER) doesn't hide the text. Use double equal signs on either end to black it out please.

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

I thought this was licensed by Seven Seas or is it just the light novel version?

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Wait Rei died? I thought she just got sucked into the game.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I thought this was licensed by Seven Seas or is it just the light novel version?

It's just the light novel.

I think this might be a translation mistake; the original web novel chapter covering this didn't mention her dying at all and the Italian translation says "previous life" (vita precedente) instead. If anyone has access to the raws, that should clear this up.

last edited at Sep 13, 2020 1:31AM

Img_20190130_105529
joined Jan 29, 2019

this is real isekai,

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Oh my god I'm so fucking pumped!!! I didn't even know this had a manga, I'm excited she's getting recognition!

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Wonderful as ever.

I still want to hear Claire laugh!

Mato-san%201%201
joined Jan 10, 2015

those who compare this story with hamefura ?????????
Hamefura is a good anime and novel but it is a comedy, the plot (if not for the comedy) is not that interesting, also they know that it is not the first otome game novel, right? There are a lot of those, only that hamefura was the first to have an adaptation.
Personally, I like this story better because it is a bit more serious and has a good development, slowly but surely (in addition to the fact that the novel touches on issues such as class differences, feminism or lgbt)

Also isn't Hamefura is Yuri Bait? Bakarina end up with Geordo* (the prince). Falling for him in vol.5? l

Edit: Name mix-up

last edited at Sep 13, 2020 12:13PM

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

"Never give up."

As someone who's aware of otome games peripherally, I know that they get extremely dark and I wonder if Lady Claire suicides or something because of Sein or some other situation. Or maybe it's a little less dark and she just hermits at home or something??

In any case, I can't wait for when the actual relationship part starts happening lol

EDIT: (not actually looking for spoiler answers btw lol)

last edited at Sep 13, 2020 8:50AM

Acreepshowavatar
joined Oct 20, 2017

Unless Rei's fanfic is an AU fic, she probably doesn't die.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Also isn't Hamefura is Yuri Bait? Bakarina end up with Asgard (the prince). Falling for him in vol.5? l

That's really disappointint. Who's Asgard though?

Mato-san%201%201
joined Jan 10, 2015

Also isn't Hamefura is Yuri Bait? Bakarina end up with Asgard (the prince). Falling for him in vol.5? l

That's really disappointint. Who's Asgard though?

It's Geordo, my bad can't remember the character name that i don't like. Mix him up with Asgard from FF tactic war of the lion.

last edited at Sep 13, 2020 12:31PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

It's just the light novel.

I think this might be a translation mistake; the original web novel chapter covering this didn't mention her dying at all and the Italian translation says "previous life" (vita precedente) instead. If anyone has access to the raws, that should clear this up.

Calling her time in our world a previous life- I think it goes without saying she has to have died since then right?
It wasnt very clear in the LN and kinda spread about but it seems the first bit in the real world was a glimpse of her last life.

Rei is her reincarnation in this world- she was living normally like anyone when suddenly all her memories of her previous life flooded back into her- essentially changing her mostly into that previous life version- personality wise.

It WOULD almost be like suddenly waking up in another world if you suddenly got a life time of memmories back from your last life in another world. She still has all her memmories as rei from before she got the memmories too.

The one thing never adressed ofcourse is why in that previous lifes world was there a game that chronicled the future events in some other real fantasy world? But we can just hand wave that one I think.

last edited at Sep 13, 2020 12:26PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Unless Rei's fanfic is an AU fic, she probably doesn't die.

Not sure what you mean but Rei's fan fic that we never find anything about, has no bearing on the story. The world is following the story of the game Rei was a fan of- but with changes ofcourse since she now has knowlege she shouldnt.

To reply you must either login or sign up.