Forum › Want to Sell Me Your Body? discussion

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

This manga has only 6 chapters, good enough for the story to wrap up nicely.
But a longer one would have been nice.

last edited at Sep 11, 2020 3:17PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Interesting premise.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Ew I don't even know what the dad looks like but I already hate him, looks interesting tho

last edited at Sep 11, 2020 3:22PM

Gfkenr4j2k-2
joined Aug 7, 2019

Is that... Kiryu? Page 13 of first chapter?

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I've never understood the "parent(s) had debt and ran away so suddenly the child is responsible for it" bullshit that's shown in stuff like this and Hayate no Gotoku. That's not how any of that works at all. It would actually be an interesting story if this could happen in real life.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

This author has a type of hair style they like and they stick with it LOL

_20181030_021259
joined Apr 21, 2017

No way he would do that to a girl, pretty sure there are missions where you prevent this from happening

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

I've never understood the "parent(s) had debt and ran away so suddenly the child is responsible for it" bullshit that's shown in stuff like this and Hayate no Gotoku. That's not how any of that works at all. It would actually be an interesting story if this could happen in real life.

It actually does happen in real life, with companies trying to foist debts on relatives. Thankfully my family knew to say 'no.' So I could see yakuza trying it.

Anyway... good story!

2232-2
joined Nov 13, 2017

You know Reiko, you can BUY her from her father and make her your wife.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

It actually does happen in real life, with companies trying to foist debts on relatives. Thankfully my family knew to say 'no.' So I could see yakuza trying it.

Anyway... good story!

It happens in America a lot. Protip: if you have an indebted relative who dies, NEVER agree to pay any part of their debt (you aren't legally required to, only their estate is) a ton of people get scammed that way.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Throbelisk posted:

Me neither. I'm pretty sure that even in Japan, none can legally put the debt on your relatives if they didn't sign as collateral. And especially not on a minor.

And I don't even understand why she didn't file a missing person notice to the police.

"My father is missing. I don't have any money to pay the rent, the utilities or the groceries, but who cares? I will just live here with my cat until something happens, like Yakuzas selling my organs, or a lesbian debt-collector invading my privacy, or whatever..."

last edited at Sep 11, 2020 4:58PM

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

Please support the artist by buying the licensed version and make renta localize more yuri.

https://www.ebookrenta.com/renta/sc/frm/item/140250

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

And I don't even understand why she didn't file a missing person notice to the police.

"My father is missing. I don't have any money to pay the rent, the utilities or the groceries, but who cares? I will just live here with my cat until something happens, like Yakuzas selling my organs, or a lesbian debt-collector invading my privacy, or whatever..."

This was my other thought about stories like this. Where's she getting money for groceries, rent or mortgage, utilities, etc? I don't know any child who wouldn't go straight to someone, even just a family friend, if their parent(s) suddenly disappeared. Then, to compound it, if this girl was living alone somehow, and knew her father had been in debt and ran away because of it, why the hell would she even open the door unless she knew who it was? Just way too unbelievable.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

This was my other thought about stories like this. Where's she getting money for groceries, rent or mortgage, utilities, etc? I don't know any child who wouldn't go straight to someone, even just a family friend, if their parent(s) suddenly disappeared. Then, to compound it, if this girl was living alone somehow, and knew her father had been in debt and ran away because of it, why the hell would she even open the door unless she knew who it was? Just way too unbelievable.

It depends a lot on the family situation of those involved. In a regular household going to a relative or the cops would be something a child would do once they realized something serious was up which would probably be a day or two at most.

Then again, not all households are "normal." I have had quite a bit of personal experience with broken families where the parental figures are completely strung out, useless and or abusive and in cases like that I could definitely see a kid never bothering to contact the authorities or relatives. Unlike most people these kids have actual experience with what happens when you call the cops and I assure you it doesn't bring a knight in shining armor to your rescue. In situations like that you learn very quickly that no matter what crime you are the victim of, you NEVER call the cops. At best no good comes of it and worst you and or your loved ones end up beaten and or in prison.

Seriously, I once made the mistake of calling for an ambulance in a poor neighborhood near the edge of the ghetto because my epileptic friend had been convulsing on the floor for about 5 minutes strait with a complex partial seizure and no signs of it abating. He was too big to carry to the ER and although I was wise enough to know better than to ever call the cops for any reason, I mistakenly believed it would be safe to call 911 for medical assistance.

My friend was still spasming on the floor, but after 5 minutes of talking him down and telling him help was on the way he was at least calmer and no longer shrieking incoherent gibberish. Then some asshole kicked in the front door and pointed a gun in my face while screaming self contradicting orders to not move and to drop what was in my hands.

I asked the 911 operator who had insisted I remain on the phone with her this whole time what I should do and she was freaking out, screaming I should do what he says. So now my convulsing friend is back to yelling gibberish about his rank and file like he back in Kuwait as some kind of prisoner of war, and I have to deal with two dangerous incoherent jackasses who just broke down the front door and shoved a gun my face.

To make a long story short after about another 5 minutes of trying to deescalate the two mentally deficient cops who kicked in the door while my friend continued to convulse on the floor, two fire department first responders finally came in and basically forcibly dragged the cops off. This whole time the two violent morons kept going on and on about how my "buddy is on the meth and I've seen this a thousand times before" and then when it finally started to dawn on them they might have fucked up they started trying to threaten me by asking "Is that your car parked outside, is it insured and registered?" This entire time my friend is on the floor in an acute medical crisis fighting for his life. After the firemen had removed the two cops, the crew from the ambulance which had been parked out front waiting for the go ahead was finally let in to take my poor incoherent friend to the ER to get treatment.

Anyway, I seem to have gone off on a tangent. My point is simply that her not calling the cops is hardly unusual behavior if she lives in a broken household with a deadbeat dad.

This girl's dad appears to be of the useless neglectful variety and she doesn't seem to have any other close family to go to, so her not involving the authorities isn't that surprising although where her money comes from is another another issue all together.

last edited at Sep 11, 2020 9:33PM

Some thoughts in defense of the manga

It would actually be an interesting story if this could happen in real life.

1. The law is not a magical binding force. Debt collectors are notorious for their contempt for lofty ideals like "legality" and "morality". Case in point: the second group intended to abduct and traffick her. I'm envious of how sheltered one must be to think that something being illegal means that it can't happen.

2. Reiko saved her and defused the situation with her own money, more than what she was owed, so Tsukasa felt obligated to accept her request at that point. Before then, she was planning to refuse, so it's not like the author is so stupid they just didn't think of the possibility of refusing to pay because the law says you can.

Filing a missing-person report would be pointless; her father was a deadbeat, not missing.

Where's she getting money for groceries, rent or mortgage, utilities, etc?

She works a part-time job to pay for her living expenses, which was very explicitly highlighted in the story. It may be worthwhile to read it before criticising it baselessly.

last edited at Sep 12, 2020 2:01AM by

joined Jan 14, 2020

Cute story. Not the most realistic, not the least. Deserves an Age Gap tag.

Site doesn't have a Yakuza tag.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

kinda derpy, but cute. subscribed. :D

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Oooo this found it's way to Dynasty. It's a tad meh, but hey, Yuri developments!

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

From what I recall, loan debt expires after a few years in Japan. Someone deep in debt, being hounded by collecters may try dropping off the grid for a while until it's safe to comeback, but the collecters will go after relatives to keep the debt from expiring.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Looking East posted:

Anyway, I seem to have gone off on a tangent. My point is simply that her not calling the cops is hardly unusual behavior if she lives in a broken household with a deadbeat dad.

Don't confuse the United States with Japan. Only in America are cops this violent, stupid and scared shitless by those they are supposed to protect.

In Japan, toward ordinary citizens, the police is very polite. And you don't have to call by phone: there is usually a kōban (police box) in the neighborhood you can just go to and they will try to help to the best of their ability. And they patrol on bike every day. Children are taught from an early age to trust police.

In the context of Japan, this girl would just have gone to the police box and signal that her father was missing. Then help would have come, like they would have called her relatives or the child protection services...

This girl's dad appears to be of the useless neglectful variety and she doesn't seem to have any other close family to go to, so her not involving the authorities isn't that surprising although where her money comes from is another another issue all together.

Don't think Japan is like the U.S. Yes, it is surprising that she wouldn't talk about it to any authorities. She could even talk about it to a school teacher and they would do something. She didn't strike me as someone completely cut from any social contact. She has friends and neighbors she talks to.

This is a huge plot hole, but obviously, the author just skipped on it.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Her not reporting anything to the authorities actually seems pretty realistic to me. Oftentimes domestic issues go unreported for a myriad of reasons. Yes, reporting it would be a good idea, but maybe there was an unmentioned reason as to why she didn’t? Since she’s a minor, either she’d be forced to live with other relatives or be put up for adoption. Neither of those options seem too great, especially since she can (somehow) live on her own. There are definitely plot holes within the story, but it’s fun analyzing the possibilities

last edited at Sep 12, 2020 4:08AM

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Maybe because I live in a corrupted third world country, but this is a pretty common scenario here. I mean, you could get help from the police, if your debt collector was a small time goon. If they're yakuza/mafia level, in most cases the police would be a silent audience to the whole ordeal. Either because they're on the mafia's paycheck or simply afraid for their lives. Now if you're a guy, you'll either get beaten up and left on the streets, or, in extreme cases, be killed. If you're a woman tho, you're screwed. Unless you're super old, you'll definitely be raped and/or forced into prostitution for the rest of your able bodied life. So this manga, at least to me, is pretty realistic.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

knockoff Kiryu smh

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Bruh while I was reading it, it got removed cause of the license

It was also at the part where she gets home and probably sees something crazy so I was left on a cliff hanger I'll never see resolved

last edited at Sep 12, 2020 4:43AM

20191013_212026-min
joined Apr 11, 2019

^
Same
I was on the middle of reading the 3rd chapter T_T

To reply you must either login or sign up.