Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Kaede is in a girlship with Yamagishi, they will spend their adulthood platonically living in the same house where they will act like regular old friends and share appliances and chores like the home economy professionals they are.

joined Jan 25, 2017

Kaede is in a girlship with Yamagishi, they will spend their adulthood platonically living in the same house where they will act like regular old friends and share appliances and chores like the home economy professionals they are.

Ah, like Adachi and Shimamura

joined Jul 1, 2018

I think Kaede has a healthier disposition than Konatsu's, if anything seeing them close would probably make her double down on her efforts to earn some money to go see her sisters. Might also explain the chapter's title.

Yeah I agree with this. This chapter should give more depth to who she is and how she thinks. She really cares about the happiness of her friends, and she’s very emotionally intuitive, as we saw in earlier chapters. This chapter also made me more interested in the arc, so good job to the mangaka for that.

joined Jan 25, 2017

I will say, I hope we start getting longer chapters again soon. I know I'm spoiled by how consistently Hagino previously put out like 40-pagers all the time, but after getting used to that it's a little sad to only get half of that. Wonder if it has to do with the story trying to figure out what it wants to do with a new arc or if there's another reason Hagino's dialing it back.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

The first chapter split in half we got happened because of a hard drive failure that made her lose what she had drawn of it and she didn't have enough time to redo it entirely, maybe she found out she prefers this format? Also consider that since then, there hasn't been a break yet and next month we're getting a chapter for the six month in a row while before she'd take a break usually every four months, so this might be a better way for her to manage her workload. That said, I do also prefer longer chapters, once they're all published in volume format it doesn't really matter but for the monthly reading experience they're definitely more satisfying. Though it's a pain having to wait two months at times.

joined Jul 1, 2018

Yeah, I was mostly thinking that because of that hard drive failure, she’s a month behind on everything, but instead of taking a break, she did the same chapter 1.5 times in a month, which got her stuck behind. I’m sure the half chapters allow her to skip breaks so she can catch up again without over working herself. We will see at the end of this volume for sure whether she is trying to go back to longer chapters (I agree that consistently pumping out 40-50 page chapters is hard to do after falling behind, so she either has to cover half of a chapter, or shorten the content to put something out each month.)

joined Jun 12, 2019

Sleepoverrr

joined Aug 10, 2014

I haven't started reading this,because that subtext tag is scaring me away.

Do any of the main characters have feelings for the other ? I don't mind slow burns ,hell, I read the LNs of Adachi and Shimamura and those were sloooow,but burned consistently and I don't want to read a manga where the characters act gay as hell but never confirm anything, I have been disappointed too much already.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Do any of the main characters have feelings for the other ? I don't mind slow burns ,hell, I read the LNs of Adachi and Shimamura and those were sloooow,but burned consistently and I don't want to read a manga where the characters act gay as hell but never confirm anything, I have been disappointed too much already.

Nothing is confirmed and the subtext tag is for real. The author has explicitly said she does not want to label this work as yuri, although she doesn't mind people thinking of it that way. To be clear, the author is also not trying to lead the readers on, this is just the story she wants to tell. It does get pretty gay at times, but if you're looking for explicit yuri this is not it. It is a story more about the relationship between two girls and the nature of the loneliness they share.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I haven't started reading this,because that subtext tag is scaring me away.

Yeah, I suggest you keep waiting on this one, I'd say it's not impossible for it to become more overtly romantic by the end but so far you'd probably just feel frustrated if you're going in with those expectations.

joined Oct 5, 2016

On the one hand the characters actions don't make any sense if you don't read it as romantic attraction between the two girls. Including the way the parents react to their relationship.

On the other hand the manga seems absolutely determined not to acknowledge the entire herd of elephants currently trampling through the room, so ???

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Just you wait for the next chapter where they'll sleep together while holding hands with interlocking fingers in a completely platonic way.

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

this manga is crap it's full of drama garbage

joined Jul 26, 2016

this manga is crap it's full of drama garbage

Not sure if bait...

yuri___personlol
joined Sep 21, 2020

i’ve decided to drop this manga, it’s painful to read + other people are saying it’s not even yuri which doesn’t even make sense, cause how tf you gon tell me this is about “friendship” no it’s gay asf and that’s my interpretation from reading up until now, kind of a disappointment since people were telling me this was a yuri manga. This whole situation reminds me of hibike euphonium, wasted yuri potential. + This is just plain bait don’t read this if you want the yuri i predict that they’re just gonna remain freinds, i saw another comment which was so funny to me saying that they predict in the next chapter they’re gonna sleep together and hold hands AJHAHAH i can’t-, anyways fuck everybody and i’m gonna jump off a cliff now

yuri___personlol
joined Sep 21, 2020

Just you wait for the next chapter where they'll sleep together while holding hands with interlocking fingers in a completely platonic way.

literally tho, what else would happen?

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

i’m gonna jump off a cliff now

kaijuu iro no shima yuri keiken o tanoshime

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

literally tho, what else would happen?

They stay up all night talking about their love for aquatic life.

joined Sep 26, 2020

sooooo...where's the salamander that started this all?

Exlkqqju0aejg_x-orig
joined Apr 30, 2019

I like Kaede but I read this chapter with little spirit, I am not very interested in her story and less that of Koyuki's brother This seemed like a bit of filler to me
I really expected to see more interaction between Koyuki and Konatsu, I even wanted to see some dialogue from Konatsu and Koyuki's mother. There is no choice but to wait another month

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Didn't expect the focus to still be all on Kaede but I guess it makes sense since it's still her chapter. Next chapter should be the last one in the volume (be it standalone or divided in two) so it will likely go back to being named after Koyuki or Konatsu and tackle the actual sleepover. Also no break once again, that's nice.

I find it interesting how Kaede seems to be projecting her regrets on both Fuyuki and Konatsu and is acting so that each of them can get more time to spend with Koyuki before she has to leave. Fuyuki is too young to really realize how lonely he will feel once that happens, while Konatsu already lamented before how she wishes they'd talked more and didn't waste precious time with their fight, so in her case Kaede is right on the money. I hope the author has got something good planned for the sleepover.

Also, Fuyuki is a massive scrub at Fortnite.

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 4:13AM

joined May 26, 2017

I waited a whole month for this?

5%20(1)~2
joined Dec 13, 2019

Am i the only one that genuinely doesnt give a fuck about fuyuki?

joined Jul 26, 2016

Am i the only one that genuinely doesnt give a fuck about fuyuki?

Yes.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I don't really give a fuck about Kaede
But like let her end up with the brother because whatever

To reply you must either login or sign up.