Forum › Stretch discussion

10930931_1572484072967796_9102248557687339195_n
joined Jan 4, 2014

O.M.G the yuri-ness is so damn high, i'm gonna loose my yuri gogles, I WANT to see this with my own two eyes!
Damn, Shou sure is my king.

Keiko is so cute, Ran is sooooo SEME.

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

I don't see the yuri, all I see is friends.

yuri tag removal was appropriate. No Gay.

Oh shit someone forgot to give this (assumed) man yuri goggles and i dont have spares, anyone got a set lying around?

Here's a spare s/he can use...

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

^those goggles are awesome.

And wow, the yuri got dangerously close to canon this chapter. "There you go acting like it's none of your business", huh? Now just why would it be Keiko's business? And then when Keiko doesn't seem to get what Ran's implying, Ran hangs up quickly, as if her feelings were hurt.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

^^ I see you have suzunari. you, sir or madam, have great taste. love that manga :3

joined Oct 31, 2014

Serious prediction: ran and keiko literally had sex on Christmas night but keiko was so wasted she doesn't remember. This would explain Rans surprise at Keikos indifference at the prospect of her hooking up with someone else. As far as ran is concerned, they're dating now.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Serious prediction: ran and keiko literally had sex on Christmas night but keiko was so wasted she doesn't remember. This would explain Rans surprise at Keikos indifference at the prospect of her hooking up with someone else. As far as ran is concerned, they're dating now.

Yeah thats reaching/hoping for waaay too much, pretty sure its just tease/ran slowly attempting to get in keikos pants

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah thats reaching/hoping for waaay too much, pretty sure its just tease/ran slowly attempting to get in keikos pants

Yeah, while I imagine on some level Ran wishes for sex, her more immediate desire is for a simple, honest kiss from Keiko.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Yeah, while I imagine on some level Ran wishes for sex, her more immediate desire is for a simple, honest kiss from Keiko.

hmm.. I wonder... I perceive her character as the one willing for way more than just a kiss. I think really, REALLY wants Keiko. A glomp, a kiss, and then eat her all. With the enthusiastic foxy smile of Ran's. While Keiko's like, "wth you're doing", trying to drop Ran off (as if Ran were a kitten attached with its claws to the Keiko's sweater), while actually falling for what's happening deep down in her heart, getting all red, wet and horny. And then she either totally freaks out and runs away under the blanket or gives in to her feelings.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Yum, what a lovely description.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

@takachi - whoa! you should turn that into fan fic. kinda hot and IMHO, in line with the characters.

Tumblr_npkmdbqiwy1s7m7t3o1_1280
joined Jul 21, 2013

hmm.. I wonder... I perceive her character as the one willing for way more than just a kiss. I think really, REALLY wants Keiko. A glomp, a kiss, and then eat her all. With the enthusiastic foxy smile of Ran's. While Keiko's like, "wth you're doing", trying to drop Ran off (as if Ran were a kitten attached with its claws to the Keiko's sweater), while actually falling for what's happening deep down in her heart, getting all red, wet and horny. And then she either totally freaks out and runs away under the blanket or gives in to her feelings.

Totally should be in a fanfic. Wild imaginations are everywhere around this Manga I guess.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

1069 comments already? isn't Stretch is now the second most popular manga after Citrus. But honestly, it's stretching too much, I think I'm gonna loose it?

Citrus is in a weird position, actually. Some people love it and some love to hate it, so a good part of it's comments are similar to the discussions and complains in Lemonade thread (I apologize I had to remind you of Lemonade).

Stretch is also in a weird position. It's really popular here despite the fact it literally has no yuri, unless you look at it in a certain way. Everyone just let's it follow it's course and join for the ride. The mistery about the character's past also boosts the popularty.

last edited at Nov 1, 2014 9:26AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Citrus has been going on for a longer time, so i'd say Stretch is actually more popular and i'm totally not being biased for being one of them Citrus hater

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

and i'm totally not being biased for being one of them Citrus hater

dont feel bad over THAT, it isnt worth worrying about <-- totally not citrus hating

joined Feb 15, 2013

It's so blatant teasing right now, that i suspect more than 99% of following readers must be yuri fans... (I heard that it was not published in a yuri comic?).

Ran and Keiko, stop hiding behind the senpai-kouhai relationship. Your gayness is making even rainbow look straight

last edited at Nov 2, 2014 1:43PM

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

It's so blatant teasing right now, that i suspect more than 99% of following readers must be yuri fans... (I heard that it was not published in a yuri comic?).

As far as I know, it's released in Big Spirits Comics (Yawaraka Supiritsu). I don't know if Big Spirits has ever released any gay(yaoi)/lesbian(yuri) themed series or one shots before (can someone confirm or deny this statement please?).

Ran and Keiko, stop hiding behind the senpai-kouhai relationship. Your gayness is making even rainbow look straight

lmao. now that would be a sight to see ;-)

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

As far as I know, it's released in Big Spirits Comics (Yawaraka Supiritsu). I don't know if Big Spirits has ever released any gay(yaoi)/lesbian(yuri) themed series or one shots before (can someone confirm or deny this statement please?).

No idea about this - but I did take a look at the currently running series, and none of them seem to be yuri, or yaoi. Genre-wise, they all seem to be on the gag, slightly weird, or slice-of-life side of things, so there isn't really romance so far as I can see, though I think one centres on a housewife...?

Also, look at this: TAKEMIYA JIN TWEETED ABOUT STRETCH, GUYS! SHE CALLS IT WONDERFUL, HAS THAT SLIGHT BLUSHING THING GOING ON, AND RECOMMENDS IT!!

...Sorry for the all caps, but it's great to see that it's making the rounds in the right quarters. >:)
And if people who follow her start reading it, then the yuri fanbase for it is simply gonna grow!

Edit: Not to mention the difference is rankings is pretty obvious this month as well - here's the top three:

last edited at Nov 3, 2014 3:32PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

No idea about this - but I did take a look at the currently running series, and none of them seem to be yuri, or yaoi. Genre-wise, they all seem to be on the gag, slightly weird, or slice-of-life side of things, so there isn't really romance so far as I can see, though I think one centres on a housewife...?

Also, look at this: TAKEMIYA JIN TWEETED ABOUT STRETCH, GUYS! SHE CALLS IT WONDERFUL, HAS THAT SLIGHT BLUSHING THING GOING ON, AND RECOMMENDS IT!!

...Sorry for the all caps, but it's great to see that it's making the rounds in the right quarters. >:)
And if people who follow her start reading it, then the yuri fanbase for it is simply gonna grow!

Oh wow, how awesome would it be for Takemiya Jin to do Stretch fanart?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Pretty sure it would look like some character she already made for the third time

last edited at Nov 3, 2014 3:43PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Pretty sure it would look like some character she already made for the third time

Yup yup, nothing like greeting positivity with artist hate. Good job.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Has she even had that issue recently? cause if i remember she got over that ages ago, no need to be hatin'

Tumblr_inline_nhe8a3uf1f1qd2lvk
joined Aug 15, 2014

Citrus has been going on for a longer time, so i'd say Stretch is actually more popular and i'm totally not being biased for being one of them Citrus hater

I actually liked Citrus before the third party came into picture.. you know, Yuzu's other little sister... I forgot her name.. And I kinda didn't like the part when The little sister arc came to an end so quickly, I think they wanted to get rid of that girl as soon as possible but still wanna give her a nice look, I mean, if they wanted to get rid of her so easily then why even bother showing her??

As opposed to this manga (Stretch), I think the story came out as some flat story, into something very dynamic and complex story. One thing that I didn't like about this manga is that it didn't continue to the Keiko and her ex fiance arc.. After Ran and the ex fiance talked and kinda drank together, that was it. I didn't see any follow up story after that. I didn't see what happened next after that. I wanted to see more... Maybe they're gonna bring that back up. I hope. And another thing,, THE FREAKING QUEER BAIT... WE'RE BEING QUEER BAITED AND MANY OF US TOOK THE BAIT ESPECIALLY ME...

But all in all, I think Stretch is better than Citrus, (just in my opinion)....

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

As opposed to this manga (Stretch), I think the story came out as some flat story, into something very dynamic and complex story. One thing that I didn't like about this manga is that it didn't continue to the Keiko and her ex fiance arc.. After Ran and the ex fiance talked and kinda drank together, that was it. I didn't see any follow up story after that. I didn't see what happened next after that. I wanted to see more... Maybe they're gonna bring that back up. I hope.

I'm pretty sure it's going to come up again; it's probably just that it's still trying to masquerade as a normal slice-of-life series where nothing happens at the moment. The serious drama always comes between long stretches (haha) of nothing in particular happening... And seeing as we saw that Ran's father did actually die, which was subtly hinted at earlier, I think Shou's not going to drop this plot point so quickly - especially since it is highly relevant to the yuri subtext.

And another thing,, THE FREAKING QUEER BAIT... WE'RE BEING QUEER BAITED AND MANY OF US TOOK THE BAIT ESPECIALLY ME...

Yep, I'm being happily strung along... Thankfully, we know that Shou did at least write "Prism", so it's not like he's necessarily against serving up any actual yuri, though I guess it really depends on the editorial department in this case. I really hope they cave in and give us what the majority (I'm guessing - this ain't backed up with statistics) want!

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

As opposed to this manga (Stretch), I think the story came out as some flat story, into something very dynamic and complex story. One thing that I didn't like about this manga is that it didn't continue to the Keiko and her ex fiance arc.. After Ran and the ex fiance talked and kinda drank together, that was it. I didn't see any follow up story after that. I didn't see what happened next after that. I wanted to see more... Maybe they're gonna bring that back up. I hope.

Well the thing is, it's not an "arc" manga. It's not one of those where everything is straight, clear, has a beginning and a closure. There are no ex fiance arc, all is mixed.
Up to now Shou didn't put useless hint so yeah as kiriactor said he will surely bring it back

last edited at Nov 4, 2014 8:15AM

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Soft moaning here.
Ahem, sorry.

Anyway, for those who think Shou cares about what people on this forum want; it's the japanese readers that make his money, not us. But then, if you feed the comments on his webpage to google translate the words lesbian and lily pop up. So not only Takemiya is interested.

To reply you must either login or sign up.