Forum › Ayakashiko discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

Nene keeps saying abandoned, as if it was her owners fault for getting killed. Or maybe she was just hospitalized?

I think maybe it's a translation thing, like she might be saying the Japanese equivalent of "abandoned" because that's what you would say in Japanese and it's just awkward to translate in this context.

Or I might be talking out my ass, I don't speak a lick of Japanese. <:D

Could also be some weird Japanese guilt complex thing. They seem to have a cultural tendency to personally "assume responsibility" - or ascribe it onto others - over a number of things that strike Westerners as absurd and essentially force majeures.

last edited at Aug 22, 2020 4:15AM

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

That’s so sweet. I love the Nene/Mahoro moments.❤️

last edited at Aug 22, 2020 11:17AM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Abandoned seems to fit what Nene feels. She nearly starved to death in some apartment when her owner disappeared, she's only been sentient for a year, and she learned her past in a dream the day of this chapter.

In order to be a Nekomata, a cat has to be unusually long-lived, so her age was intentional

What about that panel where mahoro says she's a place Nene can come back to, though? Now that's what this chapter is all about

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Some Russian girls said they were looking for a Loralie-san or something

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

After a heavy backstory moment, it's nice to go back to fluffy slice of life chapters again.
Yuki and Kuuko are an old married couple, Nene is tsundere and Kii is baby. Everything is normal.

last edited at Aug 28, 2020 10:01AM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-08-28/himoto-umaru-chan-ss-spinoff-hijiki-ends-ayakashiko-manga/.163391

So this is over then... Anyone know which chapter number it ended on?

last edited at Aug 28, 2020 11:57AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-08-28/himoto-umaru-chan-ss-spinoff-hijiki-ends-ayakashiko-manga/.163391

64,translation is up to 61.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

64,translation is up to 61.

Heh well yeah, I just read 61 here so that part was obvious. But thanks, so just three more left huh. I suppose this never had that much of a narrative to feel rushed when it ends, but still kinda sad.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Don't worry, Hijiki doesn't know how to count. There's more than that left. Still, I thought 65 came out a few days ago? I could be wrong, though 64 came out a month ago

EDIT: Without giving away the secret numbering scheme, we have 5 releases left!

last edited at Aug 28, 2020 10:40PM

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'ma be honest, if Kuuko and Yukime don't officially get together before the end I'll be a little bit mad.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Such a bliss

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

I'ma be honest, if Kuuko and Yukime don't officially get together before the end I'll be a little bit mad.

They've been official since that chapter on how they met..... is what I reckon

Also, their bubble party gave me Spongebob movie flashbacks

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's official that Yuki is gay as heck for Kuuko, but they're not really a couple. Kuuko has never told Yuki it's mutual, and it's been hundreds of years.

joined Aug 15, 2020

Don't worry, Hijiki doesn't know how to count. There's more than that left. Still, I thought 65 came out a few days ago? I could be wrong, though 64 came out a month ago

EDIT: Without giving away the secret numbering scheme, we have 5 releases left!

I'm really going to miss this, not gonna lie.

joined Jul 26, 2016

It's official that Yuki is gay as heck for Kuuko, but they're not really a couple. Kuuko has never told Yuki it's mutual, and it's been hundreds of years.

Seems very much like distinction without difference when they've been essentially cohabiting for centuries and both appear find the relationship fulfilling.

Plus bit hard to see how any hypothetical suddenly going explicit after the aforementioned centuries would not look like a gratuitous asspull...

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

This chapter definitely has the feeling of the author wrapping up all the subplots as quick as possible.

last edited at Aug 30, 2020 9:50AM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

62.5. Aww ;_;

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

How I met your mother and her mother

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Bruh, me cry

Exlkqqju0aejg_x-orig
joined Apr 30, 2019

I wanted to read this because I thought Emi and Mahoro might have something, but it seems they don't :'c

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Connection found. Which is fine, If it didn’t seem as though things were winding down. I thought Riko and Haru Irukawa hot springs also felt a little rushed at the end. But I stilled liked the ending . When this ends, I hope it will be satisfying to a point. But both of her stories have had so much promise, and world building, and lovable characters, then a slow fizzle towards the end. But I love this story regardless. I cried for Mahoro at the end.

last edited at Aug 30, 2020 4:02PM

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

So that's mom's, Nene's and the little devil's subplots done, who's left?

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Sent to hospital because of a 38 degree fever? Eh, I guess everyone is different but that does not sound that bad generally speaking.

Also Mahoro just phase shifted what

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Uh oh...

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Oh heck

To reply you must either login or sign up.