Forum › It's a Detached Relationship. discussion

120x120px-ls-38203a65_avatar65018_8
joined Oct 27, 2011

Do y'all still think Yoru is straight now?

We need more of Yoru inner show case!!! Like did she enjoy sex with Sei?

joined Dec 13, 2013

According to chapter 11 (page 5), Sei has strict parents so half of her self esteem problem must be from that. They probably would never accept that she’s gay and may (or may not) already expressed discomfort abt this kind of topic which helps Sei’s thinking that she’s disgusting and stuff

edit: i also wonder why yoru couldnt date sei
she’s clearly not straight and must have some sort of feelings for her
is it really just a game? was she afraid? is sei just a toy to her? it would be nice to see yoru talking abt it

last edited at Aug 21, 2020 1:49PM

joined Jul 20, 2020

Hoo boy this chapter even more than ever emphasizes why Sei must let go of Aya and have her reconnect with Haruki because not only did you call her Yoru all the actions since the very first chapter smelling licking feet letting Mochida listen in on purpose when you yourself said nobody knows about us "Our Rules" stealing her from Haruki (naked pic not keeping any secrets from her either again "Our Rules") and outright lying what kind of relationship they (Sei & Yoru) really had manipulating and abusing guilt tripping drive home that she does not deserve Aya right from the beginning!

And as for you Aya stop running from Haruki and thinking you don't deserve her thinking you're just not good enough and a loser heck that this tomboy still wants you makes you a winner! You have no more reasons to be in this relationship anymore so stop forcing yourself to fall for someone you never we're love with in the first place stop it with that romance novel bullshit! (Still waiting for Haruki to kiss her on dem fingers! And the reveal that Aya kissed her in chapter 12! yeah... wishthinking but still)

Sei what goes around comes around and you can no longer lie grow the hell up already and call Haruki to your home will ya? This is going to be a long night!

And there is still the matter with Sakai so hopefully Haruki will point this to you out as well and for bonus points thank you for making her realize her own feelings towards Aya!

Well Vol. 4 may beginn! Keep it up Ueda!

Edit: Oh and: Sei X Mochida! Twisted woman x Twisted girl please!

last edited at Aug 21, 2020 3:19PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I dont say that you are a pervert automaticaly when your aunt are one, but you have more chance to have genetic tendency of dopamine/serotonin deficit.

Wait, is that actually scientifically proven? I've seen this chart regarding the brain chemicals and the level of each one for different feelings. But are there any researches like that regarding sex related divergences?

last edited at Aug 21, 2020 3:35PM

120x120px-ls-38203a65_avatar65018_8
joined Oct 27, 2011

I dont say that you are a pervert automaticaly when your aunt are one, but you have more chance to have genetic tendency of dopamine/serotonin deficit.

Wait, is that actually scientifically proven? I've seen this chart regarding the brain chemicals and the level of each one for different feelings. But are there any researches like that regarding sex related divergences?

My original phrase is: I dont say that you are a pervert automaticaly when your aunt are one, but you have more chance to have genetic tendency of dopamine/serotonin deficit and/or to be exposed to traumatic memory that can pass between generation.
I linked somes research on tendency of drug addiction in this, because sex addiction, is also a kind of addiction, sex is used to fill the gap of dopamine or serotonin (and somes more) need. The "and/or" is very important because addiction is a extreme complex pathology, so i agree with scientist who think genetic and environment is both important receipe. You can find one study here: https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/genetics-epigenetics-addiction
Chemical imbalance: https://americanaddictioncenters.org/health-complications-addiction/chemical-imbalance
quote: "[...] A high level of drug dependency, co-occurring medical or mental health disorders, polydrug abuse, family history of addiction, high levels of stress, experience of trauma, and low level of support at home can all contribute to the onset of addiction."

last edited at Aug 21, 2020 7:33PM

Sarah of the Night
Kaijuislandfuruka2
joined May 12, 2020

i honestly love sei and yoru together.

yoru needs to make up her mind tho.

Hippityhoppity
joined Dec 7, 2019

Thank's, now I hate everyone in this manga.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Wtf you doing Yoru? Also, holly shit Aya, never imagined she'd confront anyone about anything!

joined Aug 15, 2018

Do y'all still think Yoru is straight now?

We need more of Yoru inner show case!!! Like did she enjoy sex with Sei?

Well I understand the theory that she would give Sei sex back then to compensate for her lack of feelings.
But from this episode it doesn't make any sense since she willingly going to Sei and asking her to go to the hotel.
So it seems so, because I think she could get guys that are richer than Sei to take care of her if it was only for money.
But the thing is we never see her blush with Sei when she does with her boyfriends (I checked).
Therefore it might only be sexual for her.. I'm really confused honnestly.

Also I thought Sei would reject her but she just keeps on disapointing.

Idk why but I'm hooked to this manga as there are still so many possible answers and so many emotions involved.
Also I love drama o_o

I had high hopes for Sei, I thought she was honestly going to reject Yoru but smh -__- idk who to ship anymore. I’ll just drown in this depression because damn, everyone’s love is either unrequited or painful.

Alcoholism
joined Apr 15, 2017

wow.. the drama has me hooked ngl.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

"I just want to fucking die right now."

Angst tag please? Please? I've been a good girl.

last edited at Aug 24, 2020 8:00AM

joined Jun 18, 2020

fuck it i'm shipping sei and yoru now.

joined Jul 20, 2020

jimbuwu posted:

am i the only one who wants aya to start dating her friend? i feel like now that haruki is aware of her feelings for aya she could be able to overcome her own hatred for her sexuality if aya would let haruki love her(which aya seems to be okay with?). i can see a haruki as a very caring and loving partner to aya, while also allowing aya to escape her toxic relationship with sei. but i guess nothing this happy would ever happen ;-;

Uh, wasn't it made rather clear that Haruki just wants Aya to rely on her and do nothing for herself? Cause that's not remotely healthy.

Haruki in chapter 3: "You should learn how to rely on "others" more." "You can count on me."

Sei in chapter 9: "It's okay to rely on "me" more." "I'm really happy that you could be mine."

dunno but from what I read Haruki (for a teen) gives her way more breathing room while Sei (the adult) just suffocates Aya whether she wants it or not

last edited at Aug 25, 2020 10:27AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

selemanecu posted:

Haruki in chapter 3: "You should learn how to rely on "others" more." "You can count on me."

Sei in chapter 9: "It's okay to rely on "me" more." "I'm really happy that you could be mine."

dunno but from what I read Haruki (for a teen) gives her way more breathing room while Sei (the adult) just suffocates Aya whether she wants it or not

I don't recall which chapter it is but there's at least one from Haruki's point of view where I'm pretty sure she made it fairly clear in her internal dialogue that she doesn't like Aya being able to actually do anything for herself. I'm not going to claim her relationship with Sei is healthy but Haruki definitely doesn't seem like a healthy choice either.

joined Jul 20, 2020

selemanecu posted:

I don't recall which chapter it is but there's at least one from Haruki's point of view where I'm pretty sure she made it fairly clear in her internal dialogue that she doesn't like Aya being able to actually do anything for herself. I'm not going to claim her relationship with Sei is healthy but Haruki definitely doesn't seem like a healthy choice either.

I sincerely cannot recall where she claimed that! Could you find it for me please? To me Sei still makes sure that Aya dances on her palm and doesn't think for herself with her manipulation!

Aya said to her that she wants to take the easy way out instead of building up a relationship (Haruki even called her out on it, she is the closest thing she has to a family because her parents try their best to be non existant) which resulted in her rushing into a abusive toxic relationship with zero thought and being gradually broken by Sei over time. Also Aya claims that people drift apart from her but her conversation with Haruki (don't do this I don't want to drift apart) in chapter 8 heavily implies she kicks people out of her life herself. Don't ignore that Haruki is going through Puberty she could grow into a healthier choice over time perhaps... but Sei? Honestly No! They are unshipable for me from the start!

Screen%20shot%202020-05-04%20at%2010.17.35%20pm
joined Jul 1, 2015

am i the only one who wants aya to start dating her friend? i feel like now that haruki is aware of her feelings for aya she could be able to overcome her own hatred for her sexuality if aya would let haruki love her(which aya seems to be okay with?). i can see a haruki as a very caring and loving partner to aya, while also allowing aya to escape her toxic relationship with sei. but i guess nothing this happy would ever happen ;-;

this is all i want but sadly it will never happen

i am also rooting for some kind of heart to heart between sei and yoru so they could potentially have some messy adult relationship

last edited at Aug 25, 2020 4:10PM

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

I was listening to U2's With or Without You while reading this chapter for the third time. I think Sei's pain of loving Yoru (surrendering to the temptation of having sex with her) fits the song quite well. Although I feel bad for her, I don't completely sympathize with her lot in life.
I cringe at the fact she sleeps with Aya who's a student. Maybe it's part of the internal logic of the manga that Haruki didn't call the cops on Sei. But in real life, Sei would lose her license asap, be sent to jail, while Aya would be in years of therapy or counselling.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I cringe at the fact she sleeps with Aya who's a student. Maybe it's part of the internal logic of the manga that Haruki didn't call the cops on Sei. But in real life, Sei would lose her license asap, be sent to jail, while Aya would be in years of therapy or counselling.

True. I don't get why some people were surprised and disappointed at her sleeping with Yoru. Like hello, she's being toxic and a predator since the beginning.

joined Jul 20, 2020

I was listening to U2's With or Without You while reading this chapter for the third time. I think Sei's pain of loving Yoru (surrendering to the temptation of having sex with her) fits the song quite well. Although I feel bad for her, I don't completely sympathize with her lot in life.

Haruki's problem is that she took the wrong steps and has alienated her friend from herself plus Sei shows her with the naked photo that she has blackmail material on her and as chapter 2 reveals knows what school she is going to thus she can still ruin her life. That and losing her friend forever is what Haruki is possibly afraid of. Dunno what would happen to a person in real life japan though.

edit: As for Sei "loving" Yoru I honestly am more under the impression she that always used her (just like Sakai & Aya) to run away from her own life which if you consider in what kind of environment she was raised in makes her believe she has no other choices her parents are teachers does that mean she had possibly no choice in her career?

last edited at Aug 26, 2020 10:41AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

selemanecu posted:

selemanecu posted:

I sincerely cannot recall where she claimed that! Could you find it for me please? To me Sei still makes sure that Aya dances on her palm and doesn't think for herself with her manipulation!

Aya said to her that she wants to take the easy way out instead of building up a relationship (Haruki even called her out on it, she is the closest thing she has to a family because her parents try their best to be non existant) which resulted in her rushing into a abusive toxic relationship with zero thought and being gradually broken by Sei over time. Also Aya claims that people drift apart from her but her conversation with Haruki (don't do this I don't want to drift apart) in chapter 8 heavily implies she kicks people out of her life herself. Don't ignore that Haruki is going through Puberty she could grow into a healthier choice over time perhaps... but Sei? Honestly No! They are unshipable for me from the start!

I'm having a bit of trouble finding it right now and don't have the time to continue. If you have some spare time, you might consider trying to reread things yourself and see if you can find it.

Hippityhoppity
joined Dec 7, 2019

True. I don't get why some people were surprised and disappointed at her sleeping with Yoru. Like hello, she's being toxic and a predator since the beginning.

Well atleast I had wanted to see a redeemeble quality in her like overcome her trauma and be faithful to Aya, but no, she is just a perv and predator like you say.

darksideofmoon4
joined Dec 17, 2013

Every single relationship in this manga is an absolute car crash and i fucking love it! More please!

joined Jul 20, 2020

selemanecu posted:

selemanecu posted:

I'm having a bit of trouble finding it right now and don't have the time to continue. If you have some spare time, you might consider trying to reread things yourself and see if you can find it.

So you mean the one where she talks about aya changing/being changed Ch 4 or Ch 5? Or where she describes her face in ch 8? All I see is a confused and desperate teen going through puberty being manipulated by two bitches (Sei & Mochida) that deep down knows she will never see Aya again as she sinks into a shithole that is Kurosaki who will ultimately destroy her and she can do shit about it.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

(Ch 16) oh man this is so fucked up, it’s like a car crash but it’s so interesting. This is why boundaries are important people, even if part of you wants an ambiguous relationship it can be really unhealthy for you and the other person, so telling people when you’re not interested in them is kinder than letting them hold their feelings.

That said—it makes for some damn good fiction, doesn’t it?

I can’t wait to see how this confrontation goes—is it going to be an emotional explosion, or will they talk it out? If everything resolves emotionally, how could Sei even get out of the hole she’s put herself in w/only blackmail keeping her safe?

last edited at Sep 1, 2020 10:04PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.