Forum › Rin Rin discussion

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

The ye old lust guage was the best part. xD

joined Jul 8, 2013

So, let me get this straight. We got three chapters of that crappy My Beloved series...but two chapters of the actually good, Kila Kila/Rin Rin series that I loved (at least one of which, was very, very short,not even 20 pages) WHICH THE WHOLE BOOK WAS NAMED AFTER...I have too much to be upset about here, but at least we got a conclusion to Kila Kila. That's a bright side.
But this is basically what happened here.
Yuri Goddesses: "Hey, look it's that YuriLoveFan douchenozzle again. That pricks always complaining about everything....You know what we should do...GIVE HIM SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT."
And thus this volume was made

lol but in all seriousness, I'm grateful that about (or rather, at most) 1/4 of this volume was quite enjoyable.

last edited at Oct 29, 2014 11:28PM

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

So, let me get this straight. We got three chapters of that crappy My Beloved series...but two chapters of the actually good, Kila Kila/Rin Rin series that I loved (at least one of which, was very, very short,not even 20 pages) WHICH THE WHOLE BOOK WAS NAMED AFTER...I have too much to be upset about here, but at least we got a conclusion to Kila Kila. That's a bright side.
But this is basically what happened here.
Yuri Goddesses: "Hey, look it's that YuriLoveFan douchenozzle again. That pricks always complaining about everything....You know what we should do...GIVE HIM SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT."
And thus this volume was made

lol but in all seriousness, I'm grateful that about (or rather, at most) 1/4 of this volume was quite enjoyable.

lmao, so you enjoyed it, right?

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

Oh Damn, i like it.

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

The ye old lust guage was the best part. xD

Can't agree with you more. Wasn't tht into the story and tht snuck up on me, pricelss!

Kumo2
joined Feb 18, 2014

"my yuri switch was broken long ago, so now it's always set to on"

I know the feeling XD

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Did someone say 3p?

joined Nov 30, 2011

She explained who is her partner, or how she defines their relationship on her blog (ameba).
I personally don't understand, but WELL...as long as she feeds us with yuri, i'm fine with everything.

:o)

I don't read that blog. Didn't know there was one. So, might I ask you to summarize?? oO

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

Since "Kila-Kila" is like *sparkle sparkle*, what's "Rin-Rin"?

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

She explained who is her partner, or how she defines their relationship on her blog (ameba).
I personally don't understand, but WELL...as long as she feeds us with yuri, i'm fine with everything.

:o)

I don't read that blog. Didn't know there was one. So, might I ask you to summarize?? oO

Here is what she says about her partner:

http://ameblo.jp/yuricomic/theme-10044945443.html

last edited at Jan 4, 2015 2:51AM

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Is her partner a woman?

I think so...
Belief based on one of her posts : http://ameblo.jp/yuricomic/entry-11924145543.html
And as she also gives her partner pen name in this post, if you check on Ameba, you should find out that her partner may have an account there too.

joined Nov 11, 2010

It was interesting so I shamelessly gave it a read, lol. I guess I'll give a summary.

^ There are three posts about Takemiya's partner from that page, from the bottom up:

2011-11-02 (1)
Jin gets asked about her "partner" sometimes so she'll explain.
Her partner is an artist who at present time back in 2011 was aiming for her shounen manga debut (under the name 堀井貴介).
She's the same sex as Takemiya.
Jin get's asked about their relationship often.
They were friends back in vocational school. Their results/grades were around the same level, but Takemiya would say her partner is the brighter one.
After graduating from vocational school, the partner went back to her parents' home while Jin started living by herself in Osaka. Apparently it was pretty tough back then.
Afterwards, when Jin heard that 'partner' had stopped wanting to draw manga after returning to her parents home, she thought "that's not good", because Jin had liked that person's manga ever since those times.
Afterwards, various things happened and they started living together; drawing manga while working part-time, continuing with a life of helping each other out.
There was a time when Takemiya's body was wrecked to the point that she was mostly confined to bed. Half of her body was numb and in pain to the point where she seriously thought about suicide. The person who supported her at that time was that 'partner'.
At that time, Jin really thought that "If I can't draw manga, it'd be better if I died"...
Jin had already gotten better since however many years/months ago, is healthy and walking, so she said please don't worry <3. Although there were some aftereffects/residual discomfort in her left foot, she's become used to it.
From those things and after, her 'partner' became Jin's most important person, however...that's different from a romantic relationship.

2011-11-02 (2)
Occasionally, Jin get's asked "Is 'partner' your lover?" and she thinks, "what is a lover?".
There's no lover-'like' stuff such as flirting or saying "I like you" between them.
They have arguments normally, and get along normally too.
Jin would put it in a way close to "close friends + family / 2", though she can't quite find the words.
In the sense that although lovers are people one might part with, family ties remain even if relations go bad.
Although without bodily relations, Jin and her partner are somehow always together, and probably will be into the future. They are "partners in life".
Although Jin thinks of her partner as her "life's benefactor" (basically, someone she owes her life to), she's been told that 'partner' feels the same.
For either of them, if the other came to no longer be there, they might very well die. (≡∀≡)

2012-07-13
Although Jin wrote the previous ↑ post/posts about her and her partner's relationship she wanted to go over it one more time.
Basically, it's not one of girlfriend/lover/boyfriend/husband/etc. Though they are often mistaken for it it's incorrect. Simply, they get along ridiculously well. That's why they often get mistaken.
It is not that they especially care about it ( ´_ゝ)´_ゝ) because them getting along well is reality.
In this world, the degree of people who'd say "outside of family, relations of people who 'get along well' besides 'friends' and 'lovers' are impossible" might be as many as those who'd say "In sex/gender, there are only 'female' and 'male'."
In the same way that in the world there are various genders, there are variously many 'relations'. Takemiya and her partner are neither family nor friends nor lovers. 'Partner' is simply, her partner. (´∀`)

last edited at Oct 30, 2014 8:58AM

joined Oct 6, 2014

Is her partner a woman?

I think so...
Belief based on one of her posts : http://ameblo.jp/yuricomic/entry-11924145543.html
And as she also gives her partner pen name in this post, if you check on Ameba, you should find out that her partner may have an account there too.

I cannot read that.

Thank you Sol Falling!

last edited at Oct 30, 2014 9:24AM

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

For those who can't read Japanese, she explains that she and her partner are not family, nor friends, nor lovers, but share a relationship which she can only refer to as a partnership. Her pen-name is Horii Kisuke, and she draws manga and yuri - and sometimes BL? - doujiinshi. They met at vocational school and eventually became room-mates after graduating, drawing manga (as in drawing separate things, but together) and taking on part-time jobs together while supporting each other.

Is her partner a woman?

I think so...

Yes, she is female - Takemiya says so in the linked post as well as another - and is on both Ameba and Twitter. (And if anybody else was wondering, yes, they both follow each other.)

Back on topic, I love the "Ye Olde Lust Gauge" and 'My yuri switch was broken long ago, so now it's always set to on.' The story itself is not one of her best ones, but those two things redeem it (though one is admittedly part of the afterword).

last edited at Oct 30, 2014 10:55AM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

sigh that felt rushed, i kinda wish we had more kila kila and less my beloved, then again i really dont like my beloved so maybe thats why

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

The love triangle is ridiculous. Ria just met Saya not too long ago and she just happens to like her? Then she just confessed iust of nowhere? Couldn't she tell that Mari like her too? I find this very hard to believe.

joined Sep 11, 2014

Tbh, I'm a bit disappointed. I really liked the first part of the story; this sequel is too rushed. It's basically, "I like you! Oh, good, me too!" The author could've definitely looked into Mari's feelings more since the first part was based off Saya's perspective. Confession could be done better too. At least it ended okay without the stress "My Beloved," brought on.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

It was interesting so I shamelessly gave it a read, lol. I guess I'll give a summary.

^ There are three posts about Takemiya's partner from that page, from the bottom up:
long quote abridged

Oh, they are basically NanoFate.

last edited at Nov 2, 2014 3:52AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Regarding alll the critcism towards Ria's confession, I might be spitballing here but it seems that Ria did as a mean to push Mari into taking action.

Great story, I miss this Takemiya Jin that does fluffy stories and not drama.

joined May 1, 2013

So... this author actually LIVES the pure, innocent, sexless, beautiful, sweet, loving yuri ideal? Color me skeptical.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So... this author actually LIVES the pure, innocent, sexless, beautiful, sweet, loving yuri ideal? Color me skeptical.

I dunno, it's pretty much identical to my relationship with my housemate. We've never dated, and would never date each other, but we're basically family and an outside observer would probably think we were married or something. Takemiya's description feels very familiar to me.

joined May 1, 2013

I dunno, it's pretty much identical to my relationship with my housemate. We've never dated, and would never date each other, but we're basically family and an outside observer would probably think we were married or something. Takemiya's description feels very familiar to me.

Certainly not saying it's implausible or negative in any way... in a vacuum. It's just, when you claim your life mirrors an unusual ideal specific to the genre you work in, it makes me go hmmmmmm.

It's also interesting, because her characters are often really blatantly GAY and desirious of gay sex. Not that you can't be gay and in a platonic primary relationship simultaneously, but it's interesting she goes out of her way to say she's different.

joined Sep 21, 2012

Hah, that slice of her life at the end was neat.

joined Nov 6, 2014

Certainly not saying it's implausible or negative in any way... in a vacuum. It's just, when you claim your life mirrors an unusual ideal specific to the genre you work in, it makes me go hmmmmmm.

It's also interesting, because her characters are often really blatantly GAY and desirious of gay sex. Not that you can't be gay and in a platonic primary relationship simultaneously, but it's interesting she goes out of her way to say she's different.

I'm sorry I don't really see where you're getting at. How is it cliché? What is it supposed to imply?
Are you guys saying she might be lying about her life? Why would she?

joined Oct 6, 2014

I'm sorry I don't really see where you're getting at. How is it cliché? What is it supposed to imply?
Are you guys saying she might be lying about her life? Why would she?

I think people just yuri goggled her personal life.

To reply you must either login or sign up.