Forum › It's a Detached Relationship. discussion

joined Jul 20, 2020

Well Side Note leaves another person out and this is Aya herself she too is a reflection of Sei even if you all wanna ignore it. She forces herself into a relationship (why does she NEVER fall asleep in the bed with her and refuses to hold hands with her) with a person that at the end of the day she isn't even in love with (hell in chapter 13 she imitates Haruki how pathetic is that) she even says she wants her for her body (ironic echo from ch5) that is not love but lust how does this relate to Sei? Well in case you all haven't noticed her relationship with Yoru was just sexfriends with benefits but she see this as nothing else but divine love when in reality it's lust only she used her to run away from reality instead of trying a normal relationship with her and chapter 11 shows us that she doesn't wanna grow up and realize this by running from her past and not facing yoru. The phrase "yoru is as nice as ever" reffers to Aya (look at the pictures of her following this phrase) the author even confirms this in chapter 14. So yeah it's honestly no wonder why this relationship is doomed from the start.

Mochida is not in love with Hosono (the dude wants to speak with Sei because of the rumours but for different reasons I believe) and she vents out her frustrations on Aya & Haruki (she is the one who emotionaly broke Haruki in chapter 8) because they made a better choice than her when choosing a better school (and her child self is part of the yuri class) heck even Sei see's how dumb her plan is.

Haruki must show Aya the picture especially now if she really wants to safe her she has to do this and let go if she doesn't Aya will continue to suffer she wanted that relationship a secret and Sei never had any intentions of doing that heck she even knew Mochida was listening in and then they both should meet Sakai after this they should discuss what they should do next.

Sei is not a someone you should root for she destroyed every chance at happiness herself because she never wanted to work on herself! And she will continue to suffer for it if we go by the logic that the rumor are regarding Sakai are ever not true then it is even worse because that means Sei choose to become a death seeker.

Wow selemanecu u most really hate this series cause every comment u make are just insults & rants on things u don't like about the series & characters.

Well teens don't understand the difference between love and most importantly lust they learn it (heck and other stuff like taking stupid risks cutting ties with family or friends) and in sei's case refuse to grow out of it and learn sei abused yoru aya and other people to escape reality, aya operates on romance novel logic which is also lust she is a kid who has to learn this the hard way, Haruki has to work through her own teenage lust she doesn't understand and not succumb to it if she wants to save her friend as for mochida honestly what even are her true feelings towards Hosono if she doesn't wanna confess to him? As long as they lie to themselves they will continue to suffer!

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that, some teens can understand & tell the difference between the two.

And look I don't know and it maybe just me but there are several hints heck even the artwork/symbolism itself that tell me they (Sei & Aya) are never meant to be together especially if you are familiar with the artists previous works... AND VAMPIRES! Sei is like an evil vampire draining the blue colour (yup Aya means colour) out of the MC's hair. Oh and both Kuro and Haruki are male names in case you're wondering why they were suprised to find out they are women. Heck even the emptiness Aya talks about in chapter 10 is basically this: https://www.quora.com/When-does-sex-feel-empty

It's just you.

And look it's been a while since this series started but why is it that no one discussed a plot point that everyone forgot?

Who's dumb decision was it to pretend that they don't know each other during high school for more than six months? Aya's or Haruki's? My money is on Aya. Just because you wanna find your own footing doesn't mean you should throw a friendship out the window especially if you're a loner with parents that could give a rat's ass about you and are never home. And people say Haruki is manipulative hey her friends will eventually visit her home and discover you two are neighbors so how long did you expect her to keep pretending?

I don't hate the series it just that most people in the comments do not bother to reread it a couple of times in order to undestand it. Here are a few examples there is a timeskip between ch 9 and ch 10 if you pay attention to the dialogue possibly between ch 11 and ch 12 I mean look at the trees and the fact that haruki mentions she see aya only in school "these days" meaning she is never at home anymore. Look back at all of Mochida interactions with Aya & Haruki more critically after reading ch 13 she doesn't mean well for the two of them and yes she saw Aya's naked picture.

Probably because you just over analyzing, overthinking on things & want to hear things & see things that you want to hear & see that match your ideals.

But those are just your opinion's & these are my opinion's. Everyone's free to have them be it to agree or disagree. And on this matter of discussion let's agree to disagree.

Okay so in short let's ignore the fact that Kuro means black Haruki means bright light. As well as chapter 13 having really strange similarities with chapter 3 that it's almost a joke. That there was a manga made by flowerchild dealing with VAMPIRES! And that one of the alternate titles for this manga translated means "that's why it's over". Aya's heart torn into pieces oh and Sei x Mochida^^ cheers! And sadly some people forget what it was like being a teen... and it's still that same Bench from ch 11 and 12 in the same park

last edited at Aug 14, 2020 4:12PM

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Reading this just because of the long ass threads, if people can write fucking essays on it, it has to be worth a try.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

No... "Haruki" doesn't mean "bright light," and that "alternate title" is a horrible translation of "Warikitta Kankei desu kara." What the fuck am I even reading here?

Reading this just because of the long ass threads, if people can write fucking essays on it, it has to be worth a try.

Yes, it is, if only for the emotional roller coaster.

last edited at Aug 15, 2020 5:23AM

joined Jul 20, 2020

No... "Haruki" doesn't mean "bright light," and that "alternate title" is a horrible translation of "Warikitta Kankei desu kara." What the fuck am I even reading here?

you can find the meaning for her name here: https://www.behindthename.com/name/haruki notice she always wears a white vest over her uniform or pullover when in casual

the meaning for Kuro which means black can be found here: https://www.behindthename.com/name/kuro notice that she is in many panels surrounded by darkness (read when the lights are turned of)

notice the Gender for both names and the scenes of them finding out their gender

the meaning for Aya is here: https://www.behindthename.com/name/aya-1 in the coloured artwork her hair is depicted either blueish or black (the first art piece of Sei lying on top of Aya shows a little bit of blue in her hair it is barely noticebale) during the manga since it's black and white there are several scenes with sei and haruki where her hair lights up as for coloured Sei and Haruki have noticed that they have almost the same hair and eye colour?

I found the alternate titles on the mangadex page so you gotta ask the translators ^^

last edited at Aug 15, 2020 8:23AM

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

you can find the meaning for her name here: https://www.behindthename.com/name/haruki notice she always wears a white vest over her uniform or pullover when in casual

the meaning for Kuro which means black can be found here: https://www.behindthename.com/name/kuro notice that she is in many panels surrounded by darkness (read when the lights are turned of)

notice the Gender for both names and the scenes of them finding out their gender

the meaning for Aya is here: https://www.behindthename.com/name/aya-1 in the coloured artwork her hair is depicted either blueish or black (the first art piece of Sei lying on top of Aya shows a little bit of blue in her hair it is barely noticebale) during the manga since it's black and white there are several scenes with sei and haruki where her hair lights up as for coloured Sei and Haruki have noticed that they have almost the same hair and eye colour?

I found the alternate titles on the mangadex page so you gotta ask the translators ^^

I am literally the translator working on this manga, and let me tell you: everything that you have said so far is bullcrap. Please don't spread misinformation. It's really annoying when people take wrong information and parade it around like it's the word of God. Aya's name, "綾" is the kanji for "form" or "design," and Haruki's name, "陽紀" means something lik "glorious era". Still, the meanings of the names of the characters are IRRELEVANT to the story. They're simply the names of the characters, nothing more. You sound like one of those super pretentious literature majors who try to inject their own feelings in everything. It's not helping anyone.

joined Jul 20, 2020

I am literally the translator working on this manga, and let me tell you: everything that you have said so far is bullcrap. Please don't spread misinformation. It's really annoying when people take wrong information and parade it around like it's the word of God. Aya's name, "綾" is the kanji for "form" or "design," and Haruki's name, "陽紀" means something lik "glorious era". Still, the meanings of the names of the characters are IRRELEVANT to the story. They're simply the names of the characters, nothing more. You sound like one of those super pretentious literature majors who try to inject their own feelings in everything. It's not helping anyone.

Okay then please tell me your reason why aya's hair is blue on the cover of the first volume and black on the cover of the second and how it possibly relates to a toxic unhealthy relationship and what is such a relationship even like how could you depict it via art? What the authors personal reason was for picking the characters names and why Aya, Kuro and Haruki are redesigned characters from the manga "Endou Yasuko wa Yomayoichou ni Kakureteru" where one of the characters is a vampire? Why Haruki thinks at first Kuro is a man the surprised face Sei has when she sees Haruki for the fist time. And could you tell me what these exams are they talk about in chapter 12 and what that winter break is? And I never said that it's the word of god! According to Japan both Kuro and Haruki are names that are usually given to boys and that the names in japan do have multiple meanings. How is that a misinformation?

Look sorry if people misunderstand me but what I post is what I think the author wants me to read out of this manga I don't know if it is the "absolute truth". What pains me is the fact that more questions aren't asked and most people possibly misunderstand what the author might be telling the audience. For example that the characters in this manga lie to themselves. Let's take a look at Sei the phrase "Yoru is as nice as ever!" reffering to Aya not to Yoru in the chapter 11. As soon as Sei meets Yoru her real past memories that she surpressed begin to flood back and we see what their relationship was really like but instead of facing it she shows us that a)she belives her own lies thus ignoring her reality b)she still runs away from it after leaving Yoru her "strict parents" are suddenly introduced and then completly ignored by Sei so yet another thing she doesn't wanna deal with! What tells me that she is back in her fantasy world? After uttering the phrase above notice the sparkly effects in her Aya fantasies? She is then mad that Aya did not visit her on Sunday implying she never pays her a visit on that day. And then chapter 14 comes along and confirms to us that no she never got over her former sexfriend by calling Aya "Yoru" again.

Well I could also describe why there is a timeskip between ch 9 & 10 and then ch 11 & 12 and point out the hints (dialogue & environment). Why the manga deserves rereading in order to understand it a bit better. Or my other reasoning why Sei acts more like a vampire and the author reusing elements from her previous works like Eve's Medicine and even Annetai Hotel heck this manga even started as a one shot.

Look we could discuss this if you want to but for now I'm gonna wait for the next chapter.

And one last thing thanks for the translations keep it up!^^

edit: Well there is one tiny thing that I have to ask could you please tell me what the rest of the effects on this page mean: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/its_a_detached_relationship_ch12#17 I have a feeling they should get a translation as well not just the speech bubbles.

last edited at Aug 15, 2020 2:00PM

Lucas Magnus good luck trying to reason with him, he only hears what he wants to hear.

side note to Lucas Magnus I like to apologize about my previous actions from while ago, I didn't realize what I did & I'm very sorry & I sincerely hope you accept my apology.

last edited at Aug 16, 2020 10:47AM

120x120px-ls-38203a65_avatar65018_8
joined Oct 27, 2011

Yoru's my new bias for now (灬º‿º灬)♡

joined Dec 18, 2018

Oof...

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

I want aya to just fuck off. In a good way. Being with sei will clearly only hurt her. It doesn’t look like sei will ever be over yoru. Yoru is a cheater. Aya should just distance herself from it all and date the friend.

joined Jun 8, 2017

i want Aya for myself. leave that Sei and be mine Aya

Aya just dip already she ain't worth it, well she was never really worth it, but this should cement it.

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

Poor Aya, but she knew exactly what she was getting into. Sei 100% needed to fuck Yoru as this is probably the only way to get her out of her system. Maybe she'll finally see Aya standing by her though-out all this and perhaps we can get a threesome~
Their messy people and that means we need a messy result

joined Aug 19, 2019

I literally just want Aya to be fucking happy someone come and get this Sei bitch

joined Jul 8, 2020

Aya deserves better :c

joined Aug 19, 2019

Maybe she'll finally see Aya standing by her though-out all this and perhaps we can get a threesome~

Honestly I kinda want this to happen now

last edited at Aug 20, 2020 5:19PM

joined Aug 3, 2020

Hope Aya steals Yoru and Sei ends up alone.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Anyway, im glad if only between woman, is feel more lighty than NTR.
In other sceneary, like
Run with me girl` Sei will had a real chance to leave her non-existence husb.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I mean I think this chapter finally shows that Yoru has been messing with Sei this whole time with some sort of power trip in mind. Yoru herself is part of the reason why Sei can't move on because she doesn't want Sei to move on from her.

Screen%20shot%202020-05-04%20at%2010.17.35%20pm
joined Jul 1, 2015

was nice to see two of age adults hooking up for once

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

that dirty feet licking...ew

But also the manga needs to explore Sei's family background at some point. She is messed up and Yoru can't be the root of her issues. If it wasn't Yoru, she'd eventually find someone else who wouldn't like her back, to get unhealthily attached (not that this excuses Yoru playing with her).

Her obsession with Yoru feels like a form of self punishment. When they were doing it she didn't seem to actually enjoy it, and she then said she wants to die. Someone could say that this was because she knew Yoru would never like her back, but with unhealthy obsessions like here it's never just that. Although I'm not sure whether the author wants to explore the story from this perspective.
It feels like a harmful addiction that you don't like, but it's the only way you know to cope (like cutting)

joined Jan 14, 2020

Alleged husband, but Aya noticed no ring?

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

yummy feet

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

gosh.........

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Alleged husband, but Aya noticed no ring?

Some married couples don't wear rings.

I think Yoru deliberately didn't wear the ring so she wouldn't hurt Sei more. Imagine a totally stormy meeting if Sei saw any symbol of Yoru being married on her body.

last edited at Aug 20, 2020 9:27PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.