Forum › Secret Sunflower discussion

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Oh jeez, this was too sweet. They’re absolutely adorable.

last edited at Aug 19, 2020 7:52PM

joined May 15, 2020

Awww that was so cute

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

A lot of character development put into a one shot without it feeling rushed. Very nice!

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

This trope is beyond fucking boring, if your love falls apart because you go to different colleges then it really was nothing more than a high school flick

Capture
joined Mar 12, 2014

@Omegand

It's just Yo being a child. If you take a closer look, that trope is not really the main conflict of the story, but the fact that Yo is directionless and confused about her future and how she, through these small exchanges with Ichika and her teacher, finally found a life goal (i.e carreer) to pursuit.

Anw, maybe Yo chose a model school? I'd really like to see more of this story, hope it's not just a one shot T.T

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I got a bit emotional at the end, just a little though, this ones going straight into my favorites for sure, it was a nice read.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

This trope is beyond fucking boring, if your love falls apart because you go to different colleges then it really was nothing more than a high school flick

Maintaining a long distance relationship is difficult and scary, and for many people, it is impossible. Love isn't magic, and true love that can survive anything you throw at it doesn't exist.

Yes I am a cynical bastard, but it's true.

last edited at Aug 19, 2020 11:09PM

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Maintaining a long distance relationship is difficult and scary, and for many people, it is impossible. Love isn't magic, and true love that can survive anything you throw at it doesn't exist.

Thats not cynical just normal? Im confused as to how someone with any perception of real relationships could think otherwise

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Are we really still having characters thinking girls only get together in girls schools and those relationships stop after they graduate in the year of our lord 2020, I want to put a bullet in the brain of the class S genre

joined Jun 29, 2015

Are we really still having characters thinking girls only get together in girls schools and those relationships stop after they graduate in the year of our lord 2020, I want to put a bullet in the brain of the class S genre

But generally relationship start from highschool doesn't hold up during college years. They may even broken up and find comfort at other women :v. This isn't really a class S piece by any stretch.

last edited at Aug 19, 2020 11:43PM

joined Dec 30, 2018

I actually said That's so cute irl after seeing that artwork

joined Dec 30, 2018

Almost like they are KIDS who are scared and anxious of losing their loved one

last edited at Aug 20, 2020 12:18AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

I like the sunflowers in the final painting

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

But generally relationship start from highschool doesn't hold up during college years. They may even broken up and find comfort at other women :v. This isn't really a class S piece by any stretch.

Well the main girl thinks it would be boys once they go to a mixed school. So yes that is a bit of a lame trope.

joined Jan 14, 2020

If you're bi, you're more likely to find a mate of the opposite sex than of the same sex.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Thats not cynical just normal? Im confused as to how someone with any perception of real relationships could think otherwise

Hmm maybe op meant that if you truly love someone you’ll put in the effort to keep it afloat? Love takes effort after all. Though maybe what I’m saying is an insult to people who have been in failed long distance relationships. And love isn’t just effort. Though I think “high school flick“ is a bit degrading. College is a time for great change after all.

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

A paint to confess her love

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

That angry bathing had me seriously laughing.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Hmm maybe op meant that if you truly love someone you’ll put in the effort to keep it afloat? Love takes effort after all. Though maybe what I’m saying is an insult to people who have been in failed long distance relationships.

Whether or not it's insulting, in my experience a hell of a lot of long-distance relationships do either fail or end up on (sometimes very long) hiatus. Because, you know, people go on to have different experiences and to grow apart. That happens at all stages of life, but especially for young people meeting a lot of new people and going through a lot of new experiences.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Hmm maybe op meant that if you truly love someone you’ll put in the effort to keep it afloat? Love takes effort after all. Though maybe what I’m saying is an insult to people who have been in failed long distance relationships.

Whether or not it's insulting, in my experience a hell of a lot of long-distance relationships do either fail or end up on (sometimes very long) hiatus. Because, you know, people go on to have different experiences and to grow apart. That happens at all stages of life, but especially for young people meeting a lot of new people and going through a lot of new experiences.

Ya my only experience with long distance relationships is through my parents, they didn’t work out. Though long distance wasn’t the only problem to be fair. Anyway ya I have way too little experience to really comment but I think it does take a lot to make it work like that. It seems like you’d need a really strong trusting relationship. Or a very open one. Though ya sometimes things just don’t work.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

First I was like "damn, not that again" but it's not bad at all. The author's other one-shot here is really nice too. Definitely keeping an eye on further developments.

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

I definitely would want to see a sequel of this, especially a time-skip.

joined Jul 8, 2016

Be careful, the last time a gay person made a painting of their interest it didn't end well.

Dy
joined May 3, 2020

awww that last page was SO CUTE

To reply you must either login or sign up.