Forum › I Favor the Villainess discussion

joined Jan 6, 2017

I really like it. We see that it's inspired from "Otome Game no Hametsu Flag Shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei Shiteshimatta" but instead, it's more focused on the yuri. Which is PERFECT (๑´꒳`๑)
Yuri is the best thing on earth ♡
I just hope that Claire will show a bit of love to Rei in the future ~

Beyond the villainess and isekai I don't see how this is like that. The mc isn't even the villainess in this

joined Dec 14, 2019

hey babes, new to the fandom n I literally can’t get enough of this pair,, should I just read them ln Or web novel? What’s the difference? Any advice on where to start? help a fellow sister out :pleading:

The original is the web novel version, which can be read for free here: https://jingletranslations.wordpress.com/i-favor-the-villainess/. The translation isn't very good and the writing isn't the greatest, but it's complete, with a sequel currently in progress (which is Chapter 9 onwards). It's not too long either, despite what the number of chapters implies. No art, though.

The light novel, which has 2 volumes, is getting an English release by Seven Seas Entertainment, but it's not out yet. The physical copy of the first volume is getting released on November 11, but there'll be an early digital release on September 24: https://sevenseasentertainment.com/series/im-in-love-with-the-villainess-light-novel/. I'm not sure what changes, if any, there are story-wise compared to the web novel, but at the very least it'll have a better translation along with some nice illustrations.

So basically, read the web novel if you can't wait and don't mind the poor English. The manga so far adapted the first six chapters of the web novel, though there's some significant exposition that was removed or changed so you may want to go over those.

thank you so much (⁎⁍̴̛ᴗ⁍̴̛⁎)♥

A_channel_wallpaper_11-t2
joined Mar 1, 2014

FINALLY A YURI ISEKAI

joined Jul 28, 2015

this is seriously amazing. I hope the princes somehow end up helping the girls to get together

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

@Kal3d Was the cousin a girl at least?

Nope, he was a doting perv who also had his feelings for the MC played for laughs on the anime, but apparently later on the LNs he gets his feelings reciprocated. The anime was called Mikagura School Suite and its fun watch if you have nothing else to watch, but if several users at /u/ are to be believed, the novels go in a whole different direction with the romance.

Ah fuck, is that really the case? The anime was pretty dumb, but it was entertaining enough if only because of the MC’s gay antics. I can’t find any information about the LNs at all though, so I’m hoping those /u/ folks are just trolling...

F0c1c7ea6c0d24b021d03256f2c658f6
joined Oct 9, 2019

She's on x games mode

joined Aug 10, 2020

Does anyone know what happened in the "First Night" chapter?

joined Jan 6, 2017

Rei takes charge first since she thinks that she's a top. If I recall correctly she eats Claire out. In the original version it says that Claire took over after that and Rei went "That was the first time I enjoyed being submissive". In the updated version it actually describes Claire doing stuff to Rei.
Then it cuts of to after they're done and they have a final sweet moment. I don't remember everything 100%, but I think that at the end Claire "attacks" Rei because she still wants to have fun.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Rei takes charge first since she thinks that she's a top. If I recall correctly she eats Claire out. In the original version it says that Claire took over after that and Rei went "That was the first time I enjoyed being submissive". In the updated version it actually describes Claire doing stuff to Rei.
Then it cuts of to after they're done and they have a final sweet moment. I don't remember everything 100%, but I think that at the end Claire "attacks" Rei because she still wants to have fun.

Nice, top!Claire. I should get around to reading that some day.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I should get around to reading that some day.

What's the easiest way to get the First Night chapter? Do you have to subscribe, or can you do a one time donation?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I should get around to reading that some day.

What's the easiest way to get the First Night chapter? Do you have to subscribe, or can you do a one time donation?

I'm not sure. From the translation page you apparently need to pledge at least 100 yen/month to get the password. That said, you can probably just pay the first 100 yen, get the password, then cancel the subscription.

joined Apr 18, 2018

Sorry if this is the wrong place to be putting this, but apparently, the author Inori is struggling financially, had a broken down water heater, or something that costs nearly 340,000 yen to fix, so she had made a Ko-fi account and accepting donations. Here's the link.

https://ko-fi.com/inori

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

I really like it. We see that it's inspired from "Otome Game no Hametsu Flag Shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei Shiteshimatta" but instead, it's more focused on the yuri. Which is PERFECT (๑´꒳`๑)
Yuri is the best thing on earth ♡
I just hope that Claire will show a bit of love to Rei in the future ~

Beyond the villainess and isekai I don't see how this is like that. The mc isn't even the villainess in this

Oh! Oh! I found one! It's like it's even based on the same otome game, it's crazy similar!
It's extremely similar to Akuyaku Reijou Tensei Oji-san but with the roles reversed (the villainess is inhabited by the isekaid person instead).... I say similar but maybe not so much with it being a 50something year old dude being the mc in the villainesses body..... I dunno, maybe read it and see what I mean... I don't mind it cos it still kinda technically seems to be taking the Yuri route

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Chapter 3's finally been translated in English on Mangadex. Not going to talk about what happens until it's uploaded here, but I will post these funny faces Rei made in the chapter:

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Lmao, thanks.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Lol, that was a pretty good chapter.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Sorry if this is the wrong place to be putting this, but apparently, the author Inori is struggling financially, had a broken down water heater, or something that costs nearly 340,000 yen to fix, so she had made a Ko-fi account and accepting donations. Here's the link.

https://ko-fi.com/inori

Thanks! Looks like you can get the 18+ chapters and other extras here too.

F0c1c7ea6c0d24b021d03256f2c658f6
joined Oct 9, 2019

Welp...time to ghost my friends and the LN again

Ba6830e9-5391-43ab-838d-9b1794f709e7
joined Jul 8, 2013

This might be the most fun I’ve had with an isekai. My avatar is right on.

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

It's been a million years but it's finally here... Look upon the power of a video game MC.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Alright, so the full chapter is here now! This chapter mostly follows the events of chapter 7 of the web novel, with new/expanded scenes like Lena's Lene's early introduction (she originally doesn't show up for few more chapters) and more banter between Claire and Rei.
My favorites were Rei's reaction to Claire whispering in her ear and Claire's lackey's getting relegated to third and fourth wheels in the last scene:

(Originally these two barely existed in the web novel so I'm looking forward to seeing them more here)

One notable plot-related change is Rei talking with Claire about Misha and Prince Yuu, which helps set up some stuff that happens later a bit better. Originally this was revealed through some exposition in earlier web novel chapters, so having Rei basically gossip about her friend's love life with Claire works better IMO

last edited at Sep 12, 2020 4:22PM

Images%20(13)
joined May 13, 2020

So Claire's maid is Lena not Lene?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

So Claire's maid is Lena not Lene?

Actually wait, you're right - it should be Lene, not Lena. That's how it's spelled in the web novel, and the Italian scanlation put her as "Rene". Lena's probably just a typo.

Dynasty-edited-winter-pharm
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 29, 2010

I was hoping Rei would be hilariously overpowered.

I already preordered the light novel, can't wait!

Obnoxious%20vi
joined May 27, 2015

I have a feeling Rei asked Claire not to give up because of something she knows happens at the end of the game.

last edited at Sep 12, 2020 5:42PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.