Forum › The Feelings We All Must Endure discussion

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

Ugh I cant stand the way Sacchan thinks. Well at least Ruki got to her before Remi did. That's all I care about.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Man I still feels sad about Fue and Asuna's break up. Thought I got over it but chapter 0...
And I hope Ruki can conquer Sacchan's heart. Kind of glad they did it, even though seems like just empty sex

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

Fue´s such a weird specimen hahaha I like her so much.

joined Dec 18, 2013

That 00 chapter feels like a retcon. It doesn't fit with what's come before.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

RE: ch. 00 - I don't get it. asexuality I mean. especially if you are dating someone. I can understand and even rationalize having a relationship on an emotional level, but I would think the relationship is lacking. unwhole. incomplete such that it is not relational, nor fully connected. And to that point, I cannot imagine nor understand how one can be in love with someone, yet not be fully connected to that person either on the mental, physical or spiritual (for those who are spiritual) level.

now with respect to Fue-chan and Asuna-chan, I keep thinking why did Asuna keep pursuing Fue. More so, if everything is/was a bother to Fue, why did she agree to date Asuna? I know on some level there was serious codependancy issues, but it feels like something else was missing (that, or I need to reread the Fue/Asuna segments).

Fue really needs treatment for her narcolepsy :/

poor diet and a lack of exercise? like I should be one to talk... kinda funny, but I kept thinking that if she were not such a picky eater, she might be more energetic and might enjoy life a bit more. JMHO tho.

last edited at Oct 28, 2014 12:02AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

RE: ch. 00 - I don't get it. asexuality I mean. especially if you are dating someone. I can understand and even rationalize having a relationship on an emotional level, but I would think the relationship is lacking. unwhole. incomplete such that it is not relational, nor fully connected. And to that point, I cannot imagine nor understand how one can be in love with someone, yet not be fully connected to that person either on the mental, physical or spiritual (for those who are spiritual) level.

So this reminds me of a South Park episode, but explaining that would take too long and probably miss the point.

One thing that may be understood is that asexuals in general are fully connected with their partner, at least from their perspective. Sex may be the end game of physical intimacy for some, but kissing, petting, soft play, and cuddling are also forms of physical intimacy. Some say cuddling is like sex for asexuals, for instance.
There's a quote from Her about sexuality that I really like that can also apply here. A lesbian women says to a straight girl, "For me, having sex with a man is like you having sex with a dog. Just imagine it." You could easily say that for the repulsed asexual, them having sex with anyone would be like you having sex with a dog.

Fue provides an interesting representation of asexuality. But like any representation of anything, she...isn't perfect, and a lot is left up to interpretation.

now with respect to Fue-chan and Asuna-chan, I keep thinking why did Asuna keep pursuing Fue. More so, if everything is/was a bother to Fue, why did she agree to date Asuna? I know on some level there was serious codependancy issues, but it feels like something else was missing (that, or I need to reread the Fue/Asuna segments).

It isn't really explained. I'm under the impression that Asuna was experiencing her first case of requited love. Her sex buddies are great, but they're just that - sex buddies. Fue was the first person she fell for who wanted her back.
From Fue's standpoint, I couldn't really say.

last edited at Oct 28, 2014 12:40AM

Jpeg_20181005_095801%20(1)
joined Apr 8, 2014

ruki and sacchan's relationship is getting good, but sacchan is not really into ruki. this kinda disappoints me, yet when i think of it back with her ex, recommending ruki to him. sacchan's is sort unwilling or willing to. correct me if i'm wrong with all this observation. lol, i;ve had headache and still read it. what i really like ruki scored with sacchi xD
i really like asuna tho too bad her relationship with fue ended...

joined May 2, 2014

I don't even .... I don't understand why do fue think sex is a bothersome thing like do ppl like that in even exist XD And Am not supporting *crazy 24 hours horny four eyes *( Asuna) either just to be clear both of them need help that's for sure , also poor RUki aww the FEELS !! Ugh seriously nice girls/guys always left behind in the end or WORSE the FRIENDZONE XD .... Also I have the feeling that slut remi is going to do some nasty shit soon This is the sd time Trying to get it with sacchan ... I hope noooot >,<

last edited at Oct 28, 2014 1:03AM

joined Oct 3, 2014

I don't even .... I don't understand why do fue think sex is a bothersome thing like do ppl like that in real life even exist XD

Yes, such people exist in real life.

So this reminds me of a South Park episode, but explaining that would take too long and probably miss the point.

One thing that may be understood is that asexuals in general are fully connected with their partner, at least from their perspective. Sex may be the end game of physical intimacy for some, but kissing, petting, soft play, and cuddling are also forms of physical intimacy. Some say cuddling is like sex for asexuals, for instance.
There's a quote from Her about sexuality that I really like that can also apply here. A lesbian women says to a straight girl, "For me, having sex with a man is like you having sex with a dog. Just imagine it." You could easily say that for the repulsed asexual, them having sex with anyone would be like you having sex with a dog.

Fue provides an interesting representation of asexuality. But like any representation of anything, she...isn't perfect, and a lot is left up to interpretation.

I would thumb up your post if I could, OrangePekoe. I'd like to add that it may also be the case that an asexual person does not desire physical connection with their partner, but can wholly connect on a mental or spiritual level. Nothing says that physical connection is the pinnacle of a relationship, and not participating in that particular aspect of a relationship does not make the relationship "lacking" in any way. It would be like saying not participating in BDSM play means your relationship is not as "whole" as those of people who do participate in it. Of course not. It just means it's not your cup of tea.

last edited at Oct 28, 2014 1:18AM

joined Aug 1, 2013

Damn that episode 0 was nice... Greed, is horrible. But falling sleep while doing it with the person you love, those sins are taking it a little too far.

You mean lust?

joined May 2, 2014

I don't even .... I don't understand why do fue think sex is a bothersome thing like do ppl like that in real life even exist XD

Yes, such people exist in real life.

Well woow ,,, Okay not in my area lol ever thing is a mystery even les /gay ppl Are only a fiction in my culture but we do exist but no one would or will ever know Lol it's like a secret club or something which is sad but yeah so don't be surprised if I don't even know ppl like that exist XD

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

jesus christ falling asleep in the middle of sex? i think fue is beyond asexuality, and is more along the lines of sever anemia. seriously. hasn't she ever thought that something is wrong with her to be constantly THAT tired where she'll just fall asleep allll the time, everywhere? shouldn't she get that checked out??? and even with chapter 0, i really don't get the feeling of romantic attachment to asuna at all. in fact, it almost seemed like she was more attached to asuna's place than asuna herself lol >.>; and anyone would do really, so long as they left her alone and fed her, to keep herself from having to bother cooking her own food, and in all honesty that doesn't sound like a very healthy relationship.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

I would thumb up your post if I could, OrangePekoe. I'd like to add that it may also be the case that an asexual person does not desire physical connection with their partner, but can wholly connect on a mental or spiritual level. Nothing says that physical connection is the pinnacle of a relationship, and not participating in that particular aspect of a relationship does not make the relationship "lacking" in any way. It would be like saying not participating in BDSM play means your relationship is not as "whole" as those of people who do participate in it. Of course not. It just means it's not your cup of tea.

all points taken into consideration and as you and OP have so eloquenty stated, I guess I shouldn't be so narrow minded in my views, nor generalize. BTW, I know you didn't explicitly say I was being narrow-minded, but after rereading my comment and both replies, well... and as for generalizing, both bad things to do and I so try not to do them.

however, I was basing my question/comment in terms of the storyline btw Asuna and Fue-chan, so perhaps I should quantify my statement a bit more in terms of those two. I don't get the one-sidedness. specifically, how do two people with different tastes in terms of sexuality work in a relationship? i suspect it usually doesn't work out, but as you've described above, there is no right answer. I guess I'm over-analyzing the story. Anyhoo, g'nite/morning to all.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

I enjoy reading about Asuna and Fueko so much. Even though their relationship is so fucked up.

I still dislike pig girl. And I still can't get into Maasa.....she so mysterious with no personality besides doing whatever the fuck she wants lol.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Ah, Ch. 00 sure made the feels about the Asuna/Fue breakup well up again... T-T
It was inevitable since they didn't compromise, but it's always sad to see people separate even though they do love each other.

Also, I feel bad for Ruki... Why is it that all the relationships in this series seem to be going downhill?

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

people like fue really exists, i know it well, and not only female,
it's a kind of light depression, opposite to insomnia, and, to find everything boring or a nuisance, even sex, isn't so uncommon,
i think that even to give sex too much importance is pathological, it's one of the many kind of reaction to the modern life's stress, but this is imo

Nana-anime-16
joined Jul 7, 2014

I suppose i'm the only one who don't really want to see Ruki with Sachi >.<

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I will feel so bad if it doesn't end well for Ruki...
Hope this is not one of those story in which every relationship are fucked up >.>

last edited at Oct 28, 2014 8:18AM

Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

Thanks OP for the reference. I've read it, and it was worth it, I learned a lot.
...law of the world...how it takes extra something to be not normal so people choose to be normal...and just calm down...
Eloquent words, so much wisdom from that sassy lesbian grandma. She \w/
The protagonist sure is a lucky girl to have a mentor like that, it's super rare. I actually want someone like that.

Question: I haven't searched the site that much, but I hope that manga be hosted here. Along with their other projects that aren't mainly het, like that Her. Thanks again OP!

joined Oct 6, 2014

To third fourth and fifth; asexuality is a thing and people who identify this way do not somehow live incomplete lives. That is merely their sexuality.

I am not asexual, but I have definitely fallen asleep during sex. Shrug It happens.

But I am liking these characters less and less as people as this story drags on, it is getting difficult to read. I commend the mangaka for, in many instances, fairly accurately portraying dysfunctional and unhappy relationships and people but damn, I need some hope in there somewhere!

I hope Meru and Masaa hook up. Meru could use someone unbending with very strict boundaries who does not give in to her histrionics. Someone who will hold her responsible for her actions without shaming her.

last edited at Oct 28, 2014 12:17PM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

I think Sacchan might be starting to have feelings for Ruki since she's worried about whether she is really good for her...
And I really like Maasa, she's sooo cool and serious ^///^

last edited at Oct 28, 2014 12:16PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The art is utterly fantastic but I'm getting burned out of all the drama. They're college students for god's sake, just fucking TALK things out.

The chapter zero also really soured me on Fue, one thing is that you don't find sex appealing but that level of apathy is intolerable.

joined Oct 6, 2014

I think Sacchan might be starting to have feelings for Ruki since she's worried about whether she is really good for her...
And I really like Maasa, she's sooo cool and serious ^///^

Do you think it is that she is starting to have feelings for Ruki or starting to feel bad for not having deeper feelings for Ruki?

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

The art is utterly fantastic but I'm getting burned out of all the drama. They're college students for god's sake, just fucking TALK things out.

The chapter zero also really soured me on Fue, one thing is that you don't find sex appealing but that level of apathy is intolerable.

Eh... if youre basing your entire relationship solely on how much sex you do/don't have. then it's not a relationship.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks, same to you. The BDSM comparison is very poignant.

however, I was basing my question/comment in terms of the storyline btw Asuna and Fue-chan, so perhaps I should quantify my statement a bit more in terms of those two. I don't get the one-sidedness. specifically, how do two people with different tastes in terms of sexuality work in a relationship? i suspect it usually doesn't work out, but as you've described above, there is no right answer. I guess I'm over-analyzing the story. Anyhoo, g'nite/morning to all.

I don't think you're over-analyzing it at all!
Reality might work a little bit differently - i.e. not all asexuals are so against/uninterested in sex, Asuna has a sex drive for the ages - but in this case, I don't really think there was much hope of it working out. Asuna's sex drive is a large part of her character, whereas Fue's lack of interest is a large part of hers, they're just very different people.
Maybe if this were a different story, chapter 0 could've served as the beginning of a positive relationship where the two of them worked through all their problems.

For what it's worth, I know of two asexuals in relationships with sexual people, and both have been going strong for over 3 years. Not that applies to the story...

Thanks OP for the reference. I've read it, and it was worth it, I learned a lot.
...law of the world...how it takes extra something to be not normal so people choose to be normal...and just calm down...
Eloquent words, so much wisdom from that sassy lesbian grandma. She \w/
The protagonist sure is a lucky girl to have a mentor like that, it's super rare. I actually want someone like that.

Question: I haven't searched the site that much, but I hope that manga be hosted here. Along with their other projects that aren't mainly het, like that Her. Thanks again OP!

Oh, no problem! I'd like a sassy lesbian grandma too, haha ^^;
Unfortunately, that group has a rule for hosting - their content is not allowed to be hosted with licensed content. Given that we do have some licensed content on the site...Of course, that's not to say it'll never happen, it just won't happen right now.

last edited at Oct 28, 2014 1:14PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.