Forum › I Favor the Villainess discussion

joined Jun 12, 2019

Oh Claire

joined Aug 21, 2017

Oh Claire~!

-- Rei Taylor

last edited at Aug 4, 2020 2:08AM

joined Dec 14, 2019

hey babes, new to the fandom n I literally can’t get enough of this pair,, should I just read them ln Or web novel? What’s the difference? Any advice on where to start? help a fellow sister out :pleading:

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

hey babes, new to the fandom n I literally can’t get enough of this pair,, should I just read them ln Or web novel? What’s the difference? Any advice on where to start? help a fellow sister out :pleading:

The original is the web novel version, which can be read for free here: https://jingletranslations.wordpress.com/i-favor-the-villainess/. The translation isn't very good and the writing isn't the greatest, but it's complete, with a sequel currently in progress (which is Chapter 9 onwards). It's not too long either, despite what the number of chapters implies. No art, though.

The light novel, which has 2 volumes, is getting an English release by Seven Seas Entertainment, but it's not out yet. The physical copy of the first volume is getting released on November 11, but there'll be an early digital release on September 24: https://sevenseasentertainment.com/series/im-in-love-with-the-villainess-light-novel/. I'm not sure what changes, if any, there are story-wise compared to the web novel, but at the very least it'll have a better translation along with some nice illustrations.

So basically, read the web novel if you can't wait and don't mind the poor English. The manga so far adapted the first six chapters of the web novel, though there's some significant exposition that was removed or changed so you may want to go over those.

last edited at Aug 4, 2020 3:43AM

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Classy Claire looked great, but no drills is a shame.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I missed this earlier, but hey there Lene. She popped up earlier than I was expecting, even if only for a small cameo.

joined Jan 6, 2017

I'm gonna be honest, Clairium was a better term than Claire Energy

I missed this earlier, but hey there Lene. She popped up earlier than I was expecting, even if only for a small cameo.

I didn't even notice that, nice catch.

last edited at Aug 4, 2020 7:17AM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Her roommate reminded me of Yukari at the end of the chapter. Regardless, this is funny stuff, and I hope she gets her girl.

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

Hoping this gets an anime. I would die in happiness lmao

joined Jun 12, 2015

Second chapter is a bit better. But, I still can't stand Rei. She is way too annoying.

joined Jul 26, 2016

But, I still can't stand Rei. She is way too annoying.

Claire Francois has reacted to this post with a Like

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

I'm gonna be honest, Clairium was a better term than Claire Energy

I wholeheartedly agree.

joined Jan 7, 2020

Niccccce. I’ve been reading the official translation and wondering when it’d be in manga form.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

I always need more~

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Second chapter is a bit better. But, I still can't stand Rei. She is way too annoying.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I'm liking it so far, but i do hope the romance gets a bit more serious as chapters go on. The thing i hate about stories where the girl MC is head over heels for another girl is that the feelings of the MC are often played for laughs and it never go past that. Well, maybe theres a subtle hint that the other girl is starting to respect her a little, but thats about it.

last edited at Aug 4, 2020 9:05PM

Mato-san%201%201
joined Jan 10, 2015

I'm liking it so far, but i do hope the romance gets a bit more serious as chapters go on. The thing i hate about stories where the girl MC is head over heels for another girl is that the feelings of the MC are often played for laughs and it never go past that. Well, maybe theres a subtle hint that the other girl is starting to respect her a little, but thats about it.

Don't worry, they do get married.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

They fuck and raise 2 adopted daughters together
Also, Rei’s sexuality and feelings for Claire are discussed more seriously later on

last edited at Aug 5, 2020 1:56AM

Hippityhoppity
joined Dec 7, 2019

I just want fluffy yuri, but will be pleased with something more spicy x3

868e64eacaeed480084b005ae21b7c4c
joined Jul 19, 2018

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss!! Finally!!!!

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Don't worry, they do get married.

They fuck and raise 2 adopted daughters together
Also, Rei’s sexuality and feelings for Claire are discussed more seriously later on

Thats great! I remember watching an anime (That was based on some LN as well) of a red haired girl that had a similar premise. boys were interested in the MC but she wanted another girl, but it never went beyond the "X is starting to get feelings for her" and remember hearing about how the MC falls in love with her cousin later on the story for some reason. I'm glad this doesn't go that route. Now i'm definitely excited to see how that unfolds.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

UNLIMITED CLAIRE WORKS

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

@Kal3d Was the cousin a girl at least?

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

@Kal3d Was the cousin a girl at least?

Nope, he was a doting perv who also had his feelings for the MC played for laughs on the anime, but apparently later on the LNs he gets his feelings reciprocated. The anime was called Mikagura School Suite and its fun watch if you have nothing else to watch, but if several users at /u/ are to be believed, the novels go in a whole different direction with the romance.

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

I really like it. We see that it's inspired from "Otome Game no Hametsu Flag Shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei Shiteshimatta" but instead, it's more focused on the yuri. Which is PERFECT (๑´꒳`๑)
Yuri is the best thing on earth ♡
I just hope that Claire will show a bit of love to Rei in the future ~

last edited at Aug 6, 2020 8:28PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.