Forum › Joshi Kouishitsu discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The third chapter... wasn't that like... rape?

No

joined Jul 29, 2019

Felt a little bit predatory.. I prefer the authors' After School to this series.

aren't after school also these ooshima combo?

joined Dec 30, 2018

Why? Why all the rapey crap with no warning tags lately? It’s getting really frustrating.

I see i'm not the only one who noticed this, I guess it's to avoid spoilers? who knows..

I’m not a fan. You can’t blacklist this shit when it’s not tagged properly. Don’t really care if it’s a spoiler or not.

Because if you tag rape then people will be thinking it's something more graphic than just that.

True. And I hate spoilers. But maybe own separate tag for "forceful"?

^

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Felt a little bit predatory.. I prefer the authors' After School to this series.

aren't after school also these ooshima combo?

yes but no rapey stuff, all consented. also amazing kissing scenes too

joined Jan 21, 2020

Oh ffs, i was starting to quite like this chapter cuz they were actually adressing the whole rape-y/too forceful situation, but then she just goes and does it again. Honestly all in all i didnt mind the chapter that much but i wouldve way preferred for the MC to seriously regret and feel miserable and apologize, then for the other girl to then forgive her and yay happy ending. Oh well

last edited at Jul 27, 2020 3:45PM

Okami Uploader
joined Aug 1, 2013

"I'm sorry for almost raping you. Let me apologize by almost raping you again." lol

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

the story continues in this manga https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/83246678

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Yeah... I might drop this. Rape after rape. I agree this should have tags.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

oh for the love of- feeling bad about the bad thing doesn't mean you can just do it again.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 4, pg 08, "she hasn't filed acomplaint" -> "a complaint"

Inkede_li-convertimage%20(1)
joined May 10, 2018

how is this not rape

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

how is this not rape

How is this rape. Isn't it a bit excesiive to call it rape ? An assault if you want but rape is a strong word.

last edited at Jul 27, 2020 5:52PM

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

how is this not rape

How is this rape. Isn't it a bit excesiive to call it rape ? An assault if you want but rape is a strong word.

It's a sexual assault, intercourse without given consent, a.k.a: rape. Remember that in the last chapter she literally tied her up?

That being said, it's not uncommon for these kinds of works. I'm not super bothered by it but these two chapters were definitely... idk, weird. The sudden 180 to "go aggressive" makes the first half of this chapter feel very half-assed.

last edited at Jul 27, 2020 6:21PM

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

Yuri reach now Gymnastic Girls, next sport?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Remember that in the last chapter she literally tied her up?

As she proceed to first just wipe her. And that's hardly just BDSM.

intercourse without given consent, a.k.a: rape

Intercourse ? Didn't she just suck her nipple one time ? And she barely smooch her breast here. Does that really count as intercourse ? Sexual assault yes but not rape.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Yuri reach now Gymnastic Girls, next sport?

Baseball! It's an interesting sport, plus I've never seen a Baseball Yuri before, I just hope it doesn't turn out like this one

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Intercourse ? Didn't she just suck her nipple one time ? And she barely smooch her breast here. Does that really count as intercourse ? Sexual assault yes but not rape.

Does it count if she feels it’s rape? But no, no no that wouldn’t work out with the law would it. I’d also say is not rape, so ya sexual assault. I agree.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Oopsie! I thought I was tagging chapter 2, but it is actually chapter three... wait a minute, where is chapter 2 anyways?!

Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

I mean... you're technically right, but like, does it matter? They're both deplorable actions. And Hayami probably would've escalated it to rape if Akane hadn't freed herself anyway--at least she says she wanted to.

I'm not sure this distinction matters much outside of a courtroom.

last edited at Jul 27, 2020 8:15PM

joined Nov 21, 2016

This is too f****** weird. May be somebody's fantasy, but it's not mine.

joined Jan 22, 2015

I mean... you're technically right, but like, does it matter? They're both deplorable actions. And Hayami probably would've escalated it to rape if Akane hadn't freed herself anyway--at least she says she wanted to.

Words, both inside and outside courtrooms, have defined meanings. Granted, the meaning of words can change over time, but we should respect the current meaning of a word and use it in the proper context. This is important if one wants to convey their thoughts to another and not be misunderstood.
For example: My understanding of chapter 3 is that Hayami physically restrained Akane, and committed sexual assault with intent to rape.

Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

Words, both inside and outside courtrooms, have defined meanings. Granted, the meaning of words can change over time, but we should respect the current meaning of a word and use it in the proper context. This is important if one wants to convey their thoughts to another and not be misunderstood.
For example: My understanding of chapter 3 is that Hayami physically restrained Akane, and committed sexual assault with intent to rape.

Again, you're technically correct, but do you see how pedantic this distinction is here? People colloquially use "rape" and "sexual assault" in the same way literally all the time.

Like, when you say "they were raped", the most important thing you take away from that information is "they didn't give consent", not "there was penetration". Who cares if there was penetration? Their consent shouldn't have been violated regardless. At a certain point the details about what exactly happened don't matter, and by saying "well it wasn't technically rape" it sounds like you're sorta letting the perpetrator off the hook. Like, "wait just a minute, it wasn't as bad as rape, they were only sexually assaulted". Who are you to decide that? It's not so simple.

Who cares if you call a fictional sexual assault rape. It really doesn't matter.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

At least she got consent eventually? idk still too rapey for me to like.

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

Don't do attempted rape, kids

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

"If this isn't teasing, what is it?"

My brain: "It's sexual harassment, hon."

I've always wondered why there's no sexual harassment tag in Dynasty, by the way. And would it be okay to suggest a "attempted rape" tag to chapter 3, seeing as the characters themselves describe the situation that way in chapter 4?

To reply you must either login or sign up.