Forum › Lily Marble discussion

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Just because a romance manga has one or more yuri couples in it doesn't mean every couple in it is gay. I mean we knew both these characters were either straight or at most bi from the very start, I don't see how people are screaming bloody murder that this was some sort of crazy unforeseeable ending. Without a TON more development first there was no real way to make these two a believable couple living happily ever after.

How rushed this ending definitely sucked but that isn't on the author but rather the publisher.

Rushed ending aside this was a solid manga. I wish it had been given enough time to end on its own terms.

Thanks goodness, there's one person who understands.

1916028_1073061359394379_8287547252845901979_n
joined May 1, 2017

Gg what the hell it's going on? Did i miss a chapter or what?

joined Sep 22, 2015

I'm sad that this manga got canceled hence the rush ending. We couldn't see some proper progression.

Tbh I didn't mind the het content since Adonis is my fave and now she has a pretty gf.. But it sure was too fast. What a waste of potential.

Images__01
joined Nov 3, 2019

Had a bad feeling when the chapter started with a time skip >_<

F for Moe and although I'm disappointed she didn't end up with Hikari, I kinda expected they wouldn't get together in the end - rushed or not. I think it would've potentially been less harsh if this ship didn't jump straight to a marriage scene but it is what it is.

Woohoo for the Iwashita x Tsubasa ship though! These two were my fav ship, so I'm happy they got together in the end. Tsubasa all grown up and Iwashita still so smitten after all these years - these two are adorable. On a side note: poor Iwashita though coz if it took several years for Tsubasa to confess and ask her out, that implies she must've been agonizing over Tsubasa for those several years :x At least it bore fruit in the end? :P

All in all, I'm deeply disappointed this series had to come to an end so soon... I looked forward to it's releases ever since the first chapter and I really thought this would go on for a lot longer as it had so much potential - such a shame! I'm gonna miss it ;-;

As for the next chapter, truthfully, I'm kinda scared to see the Miyu x Nozomi ending :x I really want them to get together but even if they don't, I at least want Miyu to get a happy end. I just need her to be happy ;-;

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

TF. Did it they cancel this? Lol. What a waste.

Img-thing
joined Jan 19, 2016

very disapointed by this cancellation, Moe x Hikari and Miyu x Nozomi were the couples i enjoyed the most seeing their relationship developpment.

Screen%20shot%202020-05-04%20at%2010.17.35%20pm
joined Jul 1, 2015

wow I'm devastated this was cancelled. I have to laugh at the idea that one couple (written with obvious implications that they were not serious) not working out some how cancels out some of the many beautiful (OPENLY) lesbian characters in the series? whatever. Time skip is of course jarring and I hate that one of my favorite mangas is gonna have such a rushed ending. Looking forward to future projects from the author. Art was beautiful, and grateful to have been able to read for free / be a part of this journey.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Two out of four couples working out in the end is pretty solid in my opinion. Just, yeah... really abrupt.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

That moment where Moe is just telling people at the wedding about how she fell in love with Hikari as if it's a funny story... I don't mind that they're not a couple, but that's really awkward... Maybe it's just because it's so abrupt idk

Also, please do not harass creators. Unfortunately this is something that needs to be said

She's not actually telling them. The parts where she talks about being in love is what she's thinking, that's why they're outside of the box.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Oh shit you're right. Thanks for pointing it out, I'm a dumbass lol

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 1:14PM

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

They did that to my otp? Wow. This chapter felt so forced and out of nowhere. It sucks it got canceled. Honestly, I think it would have been better to have the last chapter be an afterword by the mangaka telling us what happened to the manga then say the general direction they wanted the story to go but didn't get to. This time skip felt so bad. Even the couple that got together felt so last minute. Wow this was so bad. I'm usually the last one to be disappointed with manga here cause I basically have no expectations, but I can't make excuses for this one. Even rushed, there are always options. I even would have preferred an inuyasha style ending: "and they continued perusing each other for many years, but that is a story for another time." I've never been so disappointed by a manga on this site and I've been here since at least 2010. If any of my assessment is a misconception, please let me know. But this felt so dirty.

Churi%20-%20copia
joined Dec 29, 2019

Well, the ships I cared about the most happened, so... I'm happy in regards to that, but what kind of rushed ending is this? I had the impression that the Hikari x Moe ship wouldn't happen at the end, but I had the impression that Moe could find love with another girl. The fact that both of them have ended in a straight relationship is a merciless blow.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Is no one gonna talk about Hikari remembering what the snacks tasted like when she's supposed to not remember what happened that night she was "smashed"? That smile she had when she mentioned those snacks gave me the same vibes as Moe's reminiscing.

I might be jumping into conclusions but I wouldn't be surprised if Hikari indirectly lied about not remembering her and Moe's almost make-out session. I mean... Hikari has been shown to put up a front with her cheerfulness.

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 2:49PM

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Man I loved re-reading good yuri stories after finishing them. Cant do it with this one.There were really good chapters too. It is a real shame. Lets hope Ayano and Miyoshi dont end up like their grown counterparts.

Chibi%20flustered%20shizuku%20giving%20eris%20a%20bento
joined Jun 19, 2020

Wow I’m really sad to see it end. This was one of my favorite yuri mangas, so for it to end so suddenly is really disappointing. Even more so because of a cancellation. The moment I saw that “Several years later” I knew something was gonna go down. I’m gonna miss this manga and its characters, but i wish the author success in the future.

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 3:01PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Is no one gonna talk about Hikari remembering what the snacks tasted like when she's supposed to not remember what happened that night she was "smashed"? That smile she had when she mentioned those snacks gave me the same vibes as Moe's reminiscing.

I might be jumping into conclusions but I wouldn't be surprised if Hikari indirectly lied about not remembering her and Moe's almost make-out session. I mean... Hikari has been shown to put up a front with her cheerfulness.

Yeah, that's what I had thought too when that chapter had originally come out, and this one just confirms it.
It just shows she always knew how Moe felt.

I think people are not talking about it because it doesn't change anything. We can see she had some type of feelings too, but they weren't enough. She liked fooling around with Moe but she never wanted anything more.
I think these two couples in this chapter are the parallel to the Aya x Risa and Miyu x Nozomi situation.
It just goes to show that the ones who end up together are the ones who fought for it.

Also I do think that if Moe was a guy and Hikari felt the same type of attraction (or not?) for Moe, they'd actually end up confessing. But this just really highlights the fact that they were both girls and how that actually did play a part.

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 3:07PM

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

What the fuck.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So, it's a wrap?

HopeFromYuri
5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Oh. Alright then. Shame really but it is what it is. 2/4 isn’t that bad of an ending honestly.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Gurl what. I'm so confused like did we only get 1 couple out if this

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'm so confused like did we only get 1 couple out if this

Risa & Aya: Are we a joke to you

Img_9245
joined Mar 14, 2018

That kid in chapter 34 need to get his ass beat

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Skyrin posted:

So how many of you sent the author death threats yet? That seems to be all the rage.

This isn't twitter or boku no hero fandom pls

While not the worse ending, it's one of the worse axed I've seen and one that hurts more ... There's one more but sigh

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I cant believe my fave couple got Happy End-ed TT_TT

I mean I'm not surprised and it's realistic how it turned out, but God they were so cute together so I was hoping for the best...it felt like they were slowly moving to becoming a possibility but sigh axed :(

Img_20200523_003304
joined Mar 6, 2020

But guys how did you know that this is the end ?
I am sad bc this is, maybe and I wanted to see them together (the girl who is with the guy) I forgot her name :/

To reply you must either login or sign up.