Forum › So, Do You Wanna Go Out, Or? discussion

joined Dec 4, 2016

Yikuph posted:

Please don't generalize 'realistic'. What I think of realistic here maybe just simply good story writing. Story that understand people emotion and their problem in life. Not plot driven or drama driven stories.

When people say realistic, they actually mean believable. That characters actions make sense in character and story progress in natural way. No story is actually completely realistic, cos that would be really boring to read.

I prefer realistic story because you can make sense why characters do this or that. Even if it's mundane story like living with roommate. It beat that over the top fantasy plot.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Please don't generalize 'realistic'. What I think of realistic here maybe just simply good story writing. Story that understand people emotion and their problem in life. Not plot driven or drama driven stories.

Well, that's why I think the undertone when people say they want "realistic" is "a story I can relate to". So like Collectors, maybe, or Morishima's Lesbian Solo stuff, or, well...this.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I totally understand why someone would only like reading cute, feel-good kinds of manga. The thing is, if you only care about that sort of story then you already have a massive amount of yuri manga to read, there's hardly any other kind. This presents a problem for people who want different kinds of stories (like me).

And don't get me wrong! I enjoy the charming, sweet, fluff stories too, and I think this is true of many people that want more variety (though I can't speak for anyone but myself). Desiring something else is not mutually exclusive with liking what already exists.

joined Jun 4, 2016

Relate much.

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

Oh wow, the breaking part actually reminds me of how I broke up with my girlfriend.

joined May 1, 2013

These chicks have better communication than 95% of the couples in the True Love Forever stories on this site.

Homura-devil
joined May 7, 2018

This is a fresh take on stuff.

joined Nov 21, 2017

I like it but I don't at the same time

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

We did it boysssss
Though hopefully this isn't the true ending of the series T-T

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Haha. The comments divide into "Where's my happy ending?/fluff?" and "I lived this."

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Relationships come and go, especially in the wilder years. All that matters is that they stayed on good terms. Still, I'd rather like to see them actually get their new, more stable relationships after the ending.

As interesting as this was to read, I'm just not a fan of doomed relationships, no matter how profound or realistic. It's like running into a wall to break through it, instead of just walking around it. Just seeing the painful part without the reward for realizing the truth and moving on is not very satisfying.

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

I gotta say I quite enjoyed this story. Sure it doesn't have the "happy end" that everyone expects but not all relationships do. In a way it felt real and believable the situation, which I personally like because I'm getting tired with a lot of the cliche get together plots.

joined Dec 6, 2015

I don’t like this

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

so this is the ending of the series

joined Jul 8, 2019

Is that a Katyusha (from Girls und Panzer) camo at page 25? It certainly looks like one.

joined Apr 6, 2018

I wonder if the serialization will end the same way.

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Doctor Who actors Tom Baker & Lalla Ward were married for a little over a year. They divorced peacefully & stayed friends after. So the story is realistic.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Oh god. So they aren't going to end up together???

To reply you must either login or sign up.