Forum › I Favor the Villainess discussion

20201123_223345
joined Jan 7, 2017

I am gonna LOVE~ this!

joined Jun 19, 2020

I already read the novels so I'm really excited for this manga and see if they're going for the originals or change it up a bit.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

FINALLY a premise that's long overdue (this and yuri isekai's). Can't wait to read more.

There are a few yuri isekai out there but they are relatively rare. The best one I've read is Otherside Picnic.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Translator for the second part of the web novel here (chapters 113 and onwards).

Originally, I had plans to clean up part one (chapters 1-112), but due to it being licensed, I decided that I would just leave it be. Please look forward to its release in November.

Being in contact with the author herself, she has expressed her sadness over seeing people pirate the manga (and that includes scanlating it). I don't have any authority to tell you guys what to do/what not to do, but please, if you end up enjoying the novel or manga, consider offering her your support. It's fine if you can't or don't have the means to or you simply just don't want to, but at least keep it in mind if you can!

Thats fair about not updating the first half.

I'd honestly would rather have the series removed if the author is vocal about their distaste for scanlations.

It kinda makes me sad though there are pieces of media in the world we will never enjoy because of language barriers.

Yes, ideally, I wouldn't want to see scanlations of this because of her disapproval (for the record, the translations for the second part of the web novel are being allowed since they are purely fan translations, and the second part has not been officially announced for anything yet), but I also know that even if the current group decides to stop working on this, somebody else will inevitably pick it up. There is really no "winning" in this situation, so the most I can ask of you all is to support her if at all possible!

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I really would have liked this if it was more subtle and less over the top. However I think i'll enjoy it this way too.

I really laughed at the bit Where Claire snarks "So, you're one of those people, is that it?" and Rei answers "Ah no. Well actually maybe" It reminded me of a Family Guy gag for some reason.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I AM ALL FOR THIS

IM SO EXCITED

why is this so relatable

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Okay, caught up on the WN. I don't think we have a thread for it, so I'm putting this here:

I'm not sure this was a story that really needed a sequel, but volume 2 has been reasonably good so far. Like, I don't like it as much as early volume 1, but I definitely like it more than late volume 1. The story feels more cohesive; things have proper buildup and payoff. The mysteries are more compelling now that Rei doesn't know the answers. The stakes not being "will Claire survive" makes it easier to care about what's happening, since, again, the answer's not obvious. Supporting cast feels like they have more depth this time. On the downside, the villains are still more theatrical then I'd like, and there's kinda too much going on. And, you know, we're past the cute budding romance stage of our leads' relationship

Speculation:

I think Joshua and Otto might end up together? The lack of any gay dudes has been conspicuous
I'll be genuinely surprised if Alea isn't immune to magic. Which raises questions about Dorothea and Manaria's relationship...
Reifaces are presumably some sort of destined individuals (possibly all transmigration cases?), so we'll probably see more of Irie
The obvious assumption with Eve is that she's hung up on Louis, but with how drawn out the reveal has been I feel like it's going to be something more dramatic

last edited at Jun 20, 2020 7:03AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I hope this ends up being as gay as it seems.

joined Jan 6, 2017

I hope this ends up being as gay as it seems.

It's gonna be gayer if it follows the novel

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Fantastic.

last edited at Jun 20, 2020 3:01PM

Cx1o7fdveaadzpu.jpg%20large
joined Apr 24, 2017

I love the light novel can't wait to read more of the manga version ! It looks promising

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

C r i

Images%20(13)
joined May 13, 2020

Love how the manga adds Claire's pov too. Can't wait for the rest.

Deoxys.full.491494
joined Apr 6, 2020

"I flavor the villainess."
Of fucking course I DO!

joined Jun 1, 2020

We have discovered inverse Bakarina and it's great.

joined Jan 6, 2017

We have discovered inverse Bakarina and it's great.

Incorrect. Rei and Claire are both complete dumb asses too (in the same ways as Bakarina too)

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Finally, it's here. Thanks scanlation team and also for your hard work.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Oh awesome. I read the LN, didn't realize a manga was in the works. I've been subscribed to the writer's pixiv thing for awhile now cause it's cute how they put that they need money for snacks. Also, you know, good to support stuff you like.

Fireshot%20screen%20capture%20%23073%20-%20'vol_%201%20ch_%201%20(even%20if%20it%20was%20just%20once,%20i%20regret%20it)%20-%20mangadex'%20-%20mangadex_org_chapter_689420_11%20-%20copy
joined May 6, 2018

This is here yesssss

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Y'know, if I could make an otoge, I'd definitely make one where you can ignore the male options and seduce the rival instead

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

juanelric posted:

Y'know, if I could make an otoge, I'd definitely make one where you can ignore the male options and seduce the rival instead

I think, is better to just make one where any ship is possible... Best friend, wincest, rival, the cliche capture targets, teachers and Background Girl B

last edited at Jun 23, 2020 1:20PM

joined Jan 6, 2017

juanelric posted:

I think, is better to just make one where any ship is possible... Best friend, wincest, rival, the cliche capture targets, teachers and Background Girl B

The harem ending CG is so crowded that you can't even see the protagonist

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

This is gonna be great! Just finished the binging the web novel and I am really looking forward to this. As a complete sucker for academy stories, it has been a long time coming for a fantasy yuri story. Awesome.

Qby7pd
joined Dec 17, 2017

Yeeeeesssss it's here, this was one of my favorite novels, I was so excited to hear that it's getting a manga

Technicolor_disturbance_by_kancano-d31lywi
joined Dec 5, 2019

...it's a strange time to learn that I subconsciously pictured misha as misha from katawa shoujo
well, a quick run-down:
1. rei consciously makes a clown of herself
2. that doesn't mean that every characters's actions will make sense in context
3. but some will
4. novel sometimes switches from comedy to drama. both are written kind of awkward.
5. it gets progressively gayer.

last edited at Jun 24, 2020 2:07PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.