Forum › This Channel Has Nobody But Us discussion

All I needed to see was Kuwabara and I'm on board, it was intresting, they now have a way to open up to eachother; thank you for the translation, I can't wait for the next chapters.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Yes Kuwabara!
Haven't read but I'm hyped

It's nice, I'm looking forward to the next chapters, could be interesting

last edited at Jun 18, 2020 3:47AM

joined Dec 28, 2019

I haven't read anything from Kuwabara in a while. Tankobu was one of my favorite series on this site and I'm excited to read what this has in store for future chapters.

Ava%20baby
joined May 5, 2013

I was a bit disappointed as I expected something related to TV. Good thing it was nice, I can totally relate to this when it comes to work. Not everyday hopefully.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Is this a series of one shots or will there be chapters continuing this? Ended just as it started!

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

What did they mean by Arata leaving soon? Is she leaving the company or what? (sorry for my lack of knowledge on these sort of things, I am a real life noob ;--;)

joined Jun 12, 2019

Can we have more pls I hope there’s more this was goood

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Woah! What a whole lot of nothing!

Are we trying a new setting between subtext and nothing?

last edited at Jun 18, 2020 4:38AM

She literally confessed at the end! If you think that's sub-subtext, you're really taking modern yuri for granted. Back in my day, we had to settle for "you're my best friend" nonsense, and we liked it.

Gothic_Catalyst
14883450_345545539125601_1739065670976333342_o
joined Jun 20, 2015

She literally confessed at the end! If you think that's sub-subtext, you're really taking modern yuri for granted. Back in my day, we had to settle for "you're my best friend" nonsense, and we liked it.

Agreed. Thank you for modern yuri, it use to be all tragedy or best friend at the end.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

We liked the old-school yuri because there was nothing else. We were so starved for content (we still are) or anything at all that we had to take whatever a third rate author pushed out.

If it wasn't for the yuri tag you'd have a hard time figuring out what this one shot is about. If you didn't have a clue and read it somewhere else the only thing giving it away was the blush at the very last panel and even that could be missed if you didn't go back a page and examining it carefully because you didn't think it would end like that. Again we are assuming what it is because the yuri tag. In fact the assumption by the coworker is painfully accurate because the author put a blindfold on the reader until the last panel.

I've been here for quite a long time (being a yuri fan for a lot longer) and subtext unless being extremely well done can die in a fucking car fire after all these years going through literal shit most of the time.

last edited at Jun 18, 2020 6:16AM

joined Jan 4, 2014

That colour image on page 3 reminds me so much of some corners of Shinjuku Ni-Chome that I am tempted to believe the author took some pictures there...

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

I've been here for quite a long time (being a yuri fan for a lot longer) and subtext unless being extremely well done can die in a fucking car fire after all these years going through literal shit most of the time.

lmaoooo hahahah ikr? i found my way to yuri probably around 2004/2005? maybe earlier? dling releases from lilliliscious' website lol. luckily i came later when there was SOME content that was actual yuri but....the gene pool was deffo lacking. i remember watching mariasama after so many ppl were like cheer eek yuri and i finished it and was like....wait...that was it? lol and scouring and watching series for that ONE SCENE that was KINDA MAYBE yuri lol. it's 2020 we deserve better D:

as for this one they said there's 2 more chapters so i think it's just starting, and not just being subtext and off screen stuff.

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

I agree. It doesn't illustrate really illustrate how MC fallen in love with Arata-san. It's so subtle that, I'm in even sure if MC is in love with Arata-san.

After reading the entire chapter, I only have an vague idea about MC's personality, and know close to nothing about Arata-san.

I guess I'm on a different channel.

joined May 18, 2020

idk bout y'all but i kinda like it hhehee

joined Jan 8, 2014

Lol the latest plague in yuri manga

joined Oct 10, 2016

Bland. For five pages I thought Arata was a man. Really.

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

I didn’t understand like 80% of what was happening. Too many names, too boring, disturbing and weird. One of the worst oneshots I’ve read.

joined May 25, 2020

i will pretend that i understood and tell u my opinion
its good

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

So where was the yuri again?

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I really enjoyed this story.

joined Feb 24, 2019

I haven't read anything from Kuwabara in a while. Tankobu was one of my favorite series on this site and I'm excited to read what this has in store for future chapters.

Ah, a fellow person of culture. I'll admit that I came into this story hoping for something on the level of Tankobu and, while it fell short of that, I still enjoyed it. Kuwabara has a real way with getting character's feelings accross through body language. This one had a familiar setting with a unique plot device and I think it's a great start to a larger story (not sure if the other chapters continue it though). Also the office environment felt really genuine, to an almost uncomfortable degree.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

THAT I- WHAT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT FOLLOWS, or well reaction wise anyway. Love that there's more from this author, looking forward to it!

last edited at Jun 18, 2020 9:52AM

Nyarumi Uploader
Nyarura%20smaller
Secret Society Blanket
joined Feb 3, 2019

I’m sorry to disappoint, but this is a oneshot, at least in this anthology. Perhaps it will get a continuation one day.

I was not expecting this little comic to be so divisive.
I mean, I do hate subtext with a burning passion - after all, gay subtext exists to avoid alienating homophobic readers, not for the benefit of gay people. But a confession isn't subtext and it's a little strange that's what people's bar is above, now. I don't think every gay manga needs to end in making out, and I thought this did a well enough job for being a short one-shot.

To reply you must either login or sign up.