Forum › Even the Stars Are Gone discussion

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

pg 16, "I want you listen" -> "to listen"

pg 31, "...not matter" -> "...no matter"

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Fun little bit of edge, but I feel like the plot got lost?

joined Apr 1, 2017

Its a pretty neat story. Ui and friends die in every single timeline outside of the game's story, but we don't get to see how Iroha reacts to that. This is just her going crazy and having a death wish because despite having access to a miracle, it can't actually give her what she wants.

last edited at Jun 18, 2020 12:26AM

Jpeg_20190503_195855
joined Aug 21, 2016

I want to see this story continue, it would be interesting to see how other magical girls would react to this version of Iroha.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

The Magius did nothing wro-
Ok, maybe something wrong. Nobody's perfect...

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Isn't it relatively easy to wish Ui back alive and healthy? But maybe that's two wishes at once and beyond Iroha's potential. Still a cool take on her. One thing: I'm not quite sure how the universe post-Madokami works, but shouldn't witches no longer exist in every other non-MR world?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Damn this is depressing. The vibes feel much much much more like those the original MadoMagi anime than those of an average MadoMagi or MagiReco doujin.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Well, this is actually interesting, Iroha dealing with survivor's guilt after losing Ui, and meeting Yachiyo under different circumstances... it is a not unrealistic take on the story, though it is very different to my personal headcanon to Kamihama in non-MagiReco timelines.

I'm not quite sure how the universe post-Madokami works, but shouldn't witches no longer exist in every other non-MR world?

Only to the worlds that Madokami has already reached as she did not reach all possible worlds immediately, you could also interpretate this as happening at the same time as the original series, just a few cities over, plus I don't think that Madokami would change the story that much, Iroha would still have her survivor's guilt and death wish, she would just be seeking death by Wraith instead of death by Witch.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

you could also interpretate this as happening at the same time as the original series, just a few cities over, plus I don't think that Madokami would change the story that much, Iroha would still have her survivor's guilt and death wish, she would just be seeking death by Wraith instead of death by Witch.

It happening at the same time as the original series makes sense to me, so I'll go with that. Wraiths instead of witches wouldn't change too much, but witches inherently are tied to meanings of greater despair. And if witches didn't exist, Iroha couldn't get her ultra twisted wish of being killed by Yachiyo's witch. I don't think she'd be satisfied with being killed by some random wraiths who all look the same and who ostensibly don't feel and never felt anything. I'm a little disturbed actually at how perfect Iroha's death wish is.

Hmm one thing I'm still confused about is how Iroha plans on being useful to Yachiyo. I'm not quite sure if it's by leading Yachiyo straight to witches after being witch-kissed or by giving Yachiyo a reason to fight and live. Given those two options, probably both with the latter being the deeper reason.

last edited at Jun 18, 2020 2:33PM

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

I like the idea of this AU. Can't wait for the next part!

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

I don't think she'd be satisfied with being killed by some random wraiths who all look the same and who ostensibly don't feel and never felt anything.

Wraiths get a lot more fun than that though, on top of there being different types of increasingly powerful wraiths, they also feed on human emotion, memories and magical energy, which allow them to copy personal magia of megucas and even copy the image and behavior of people in those memories, if Iroha exposed herself to Wraiths long enough, it is likely one of them would take Ui's image, as an example, and in Iroha's current emotional state, being killed by Ui('s image) and being taken by the one who left her, may sound far too appealing, t'd be different in some aspects, but the core of the story would likely remain the same.

Frankly at this point I am thinking of just how many ways this set up can twist a knife on us, how long we meet Witches named Beatrice, Theresia or Yu Hong, for example...

last edited at Jun 18, 2020 4:16PM

SomeWeirdoOnTheInternet
Sans%20is%20the%20best.
joined May 30, 2020

This was really good! Can't wait for the next one!

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Wraiths get a lot more fun than that though, on top of there being different types of increasingly powerful wraiths, they also feed on human emotion, memories and magical energy, which allow them to copy personal magia of megucas and even copy the image and behavior of people in those memories, if Iroha exposed herself to Wraiths long enough, it is likely one of them would take Ui's image, as an example, and in Iroha's current emotional state, being killed by Ui('s image) and being taken by the one who left her, may sound far too appealing, t'd be different in some aspects, but the core of the story would likely remain the same.

I did not know that. The copying could be spectacularly brutal, as that one manga page seems to be setting up. Where is that from by the way? Not as familiar with Madoka series manga.

For the general wraiths, it's cool how they lose more and more human form the stronger they get. It's a neat design pattern.

Frankly at this point I am thinking of just how many ways this set up can twist a knife on us, how long we meet Witches named Beatrice, Theresia or Yu Hong, for example...

Yeah one thing MR has definitely expanded on from the original is making it clear that all witches used to be magical girls and what it feels like to kill something that used to be your friend.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Where is that from by the way? Not as familiar with Madoka series manga.

It's from the midquel Wraith Arc, set between OG series and Rebellion.

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

Oh, Iroha and Yachiko had a similar appearance of Madoka and Homura but since their relationship is more longers is more stable and healthy, ironically.

joined Mar 27, 2018

Well now I'm interested to see how this AU will go.

Iroha always struck me as a fragile person. Not during the events of the game necessarily, but before when she was a very lonely person. She didn't really have any friends, just people that she let lead her around due to how passive she was. It's only because she goes to Kamihama and meets the magical girls there during her quest to find Ui that she becomes stronger due to the bonds that she forms.

So take away Kamihama and the magical girls there. Then take away Ui the only person that Iroha would've been close to. She would have nothing to live for, forcing her to find something else, or end up like in this story.

TLDR: You don't have to be meguca to be suffering

last edited at Jun 18, 2020 10:17PM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

It seems the middle part was released during Comiket 97. Preview looks fun.

To reply you must either login or sign up.