Forum › Posts by Veya

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Damn, Sayaka really called out the entire franchise in one sentence on page 7, hm?

With this doujin an old question emerged from my brain, If god Madoka and Devil Homura beared a child, Would be like Franklin Richards?
About how they would be able to have a baby, idk, use your imagination

I always guessed that any way they would children wouldn't be by any human standard but rather be by the same process Witches multiply, where a Familiar can grow to evolve into a full Witch, combining their magic to create a Familiar that is both their Familiar at the same time that would gain a human-like form once it "evolved", in their case it would be a unique situation where their child wouldn't be human in any way shape or form, but rather a "magical girl" as a species.

last edited at Oct 29, 2021 1:48AM

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

I am personally going to assume that "until you are an adult" is more a matter of perception, that you would still think of a high schooler as a kid, while a college student would be viewed as a young adult, so "keeping things pure" may last under a year, if it lasts at all.

Oh well, now it is a matter of Takuya learning the truth as well, and how he will react... it wouldn't be invalid if he felt a sense of betrayal, as Yuka was using him to get close to Mihoko, but I also don't think he is that kinda guy or that this is that kinda story, it would be funny if the extent of his reaction was "Alright, so that means next time you are stay the night, you will sleep in mom's room and I won't have to sleep on the floor?".

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

In general we haven't had a lot of focus on Iroha or Yachiyo as characters in a while, the two closest were the Yachiyo & Mifuyu dual unit, which was a flashback event(old flashback too, 7 years before the start of the story), and the Iroha & Ui dual unit for this last NY, and that in itself was focused more on Ui and her constant struggle with how much she is capable of contributing, than on Iroha, all while nothing much has been coming out of main story because of how serious things are right now, so no big moments like arc 1 chapter 6 at least thus far.

I personally find it hard to forget, but eh, I am also personally of the mind that Mikazuki villa characters aren't even remotely the most interesting characters for MagiReco, even just among the MR originals, so I understand other artists focusing on other pairings, and I still find AliKari, MasaKoko or RikaRen on a regular basis, though in hindsight I have also been finding less KaeRena, or at least more sparingly.

Anyway, if you want more YachIro artists, try @swkanon0419, they also do YachIro stuff fairly regularly.

last edited at Mar 3, 2021 11:05AM

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Momoko has a case of the "Sayaka" thanks to her wish. Let's just pur her in the "conveniently bi" group and be done with it.

I prefer to think of it as "was straight until some lesbian claimed her", though Kyoko passing the torch to Mitama is not a thought I was expecting to have today.

Frankly, I used to think Mitama x Kanagi was more what they were going for but the game does enjoy teasing MitaMomo way more...

last edited at Feb 17, 2021 12:04AM

Veya
Image Comments 15 Feb 21:24
Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020
83816553_p0

Things that give my soul strength:

This

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

I believe most people here have either moved to JP or quit entirely, but what are you all up to?

I just been focusing on my JP account, part of the thing is that... just it became rather upsetting to keep going back into NA after the announcemnt, it will be dead in less than a month, and I am reminded of it every time I as much as try to load the game, and I had almost no loose ends in that game anyway, the only thing I never finished was getting Ryo to Magia 5, and my current game plan is that once I am all caught up on my 5-star-able girls, Ryo will be the first non-5-star to go to Magia 5 to make up for that.

I got OG Homura to 4 slots, and Summer Homura to 2, I completed Another Daze in a day(and am currently farming the enitre freaking shop, I seriously need everything out of it...), and I am just going along for now, letting things rebuild over time.

Veya
Image Comments 05 Sep 23:32
Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020
Czccvuhusaedaeu

Ah, this is a very nice balance of being very explicit, but very subtle, at the same time...

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

I mean... okay? I thought you weren't even moving to JP so I was explaining just for the purposes of satisfying someone else's curiosity, I personally think it's an amazing deal, and even if these girls are going to be at 1 slot for now, they may come up again in future free rolls or spooks, or even can give you an extra slot to whoever you picked with your tutorial roll, plus there are plenty of unlimited 4-stars that are great even at 1slot, girls like Madoka, Mami(or anyone else with 100% Bind/Charm/Stun on Connect) or Yozuru are amazing even at 1slot, even if they get better at more slots, and other girls like Mitama are fairly useful at 1slot as well.

last edited at Sep 4, 2020 1:35AM

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

I got through it all with my 3 slot Homura, she practically solo'd the entire main story for me, with supports of course, the fight agains the three Magius in 10-3 was the hardest and actually took me a fair few tries, but I still got through.

And no, those bags are free gems, there are four different bags, Platinum for 750, Gold for 600, Silver for 300 and Copper for 400, for the first three, they take paid gems, but the Copper bags take 400 unpaid gems, and on top of that, they give a 10roll ticket along with the other goodies, meaning effectively pay 150, or 6 rolls worth of, farmable gems for a guaranteed 4-star, which is a ridiculously good deal. And you can buy it twice.

last edited at Sep 3, 2020 8:04PM

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

To anyone making the move to JP and picking up translations on YT, make sure to watch Crimson Resolve and Green Jaspers Diviners, those two event stories are important for arc 2 and it introduces two out of the (currently) five major factions from arc 2, Kamihama Magia Union being one of said major factions, and the Neo-Magius plus the still-not-very-focused-on Folklore of Zero being the last two.

Anyway, on JP, I finally finished clearing arc 1 nodes today, all the way up to Last Magia, Homura putting in a lot of work... also chapter 8 is goddamn gargantuan, I didn't feel it as badly when playing it through the first time since I was enjoying the story, but it is a ridiculous 64 stages, then chapter 9 is another 46 stages, counting chapter 10, I cleared 135 stages just today... arc 2 is going to be another trial, too, even to just clear it, cuz those chapters are stupidly long... at least Another Story is super short and I could clear it tomorrow very easily, so long as I have the AP for it.

The 4* it gave me was Hanna, ironic considering she was the last girl to be added to EN.

Who was your second one? each bag gives one ticket so you get two random Unlim, I got Hanna as well from one of the tickets, and Mami from the other, currently only missing Sayaka to have the full Holy Quintet already...

last edited at Sep 3, 2020 3:14AM

Veya
Image Comments 02 Sep 08:27
Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020
83466541_p0

A rare but welcoming ship to find art of...

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

For what is worth JP players are starting to campaign on twitter about Ashley being added to JP, and the most recent datamines have found her files in the game, she is definitely coming, it is a matter of when, she might be the next girl released after this anniversary period is over, or it might take a year, though I will add that it is a shame that we are already on Semptember, cuz releasing Ashley on 4th of July would great... maybe next year's 4th of July.

And yeah, the decision to shut down servers had happened for a while, I want to say at sortly after Last Magia based on how things played out in hindsight, but perhaps even before that, but I don't even think that the pace was the main problem, a large part of NA MagiReco's lifespan was during a global pandemic that made people far less likely to spend money on frivilous things, which significantly reduced the number of mid-tier spenders that could've made a big difference, and while big name gacha like FGO and Dokkan always had so much revenue that even at a reduced capacity they still make obscene amounts of money, many smaller gacha are kinda hurting right now, as the corporate demands for revenue have not been even remotely reduced. But that's capitalism for you.

Another major problem likely was lack of advertisement, it was common to see new players commenting in the subreddit that they didn't even hear about the game until much much later, and recently we've got a lot of comments of people mentioning that nobody ever came across MagiReco ads, which likely exacerbated the issue of player drop off as few new players ever came into the game to replace them.

Regardless, I continue to push through story as hard as I can in JP, just cleared chapter 4 and moving on to 5, so that I can get my precious little Homu back from stamp card missions.

last edited at Sep 1, 2020 12:20PM

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Yeah, I am feeling largely the same, I am also balancing two different accounts right now, because different people offered me them, one has a number of nat 4-stars at 1slot(an older account someone had collecting dust), while the other has around ~300 rolls saved(a startup account a friend of mine bought off eBay when he saw how hard the NA shutdown hit me), I am waiting for the Limited Character banner and how it pans out to decide which account I am sticking to, as those 300 rolls, in addition to the free rolls, give me a fairly realistic chance of getting OG Homura back at 4 slots, and she is by far the most important character I could roll for right now.

last edited at Aug 30, 2020 11:18PM

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

I said I already play it, I play both NA and JP FGO servers and I have been playing for 3 years, I enjoy it but for different reasons.

And I highly doubt that we would get such collabs, Nasu has expressed being against off-franchise collabs, speculating what would happen if it did just hurts right now.

last edited at Aug 29, 2020 3:52AM

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

I already play FGO, and like I expressed in a few different places already, MagiReco is a very different beast from FGO in my eyes, and FGO basically lacks all the aspecfts that made me love MagiReco, the only similarities they share is really from a pure gameplay perspective, which never was why I played MagiReco.

Some of these aspects are:

• The (near) absolute lack of a player avatar with significant presence.
  • The (franchise-long) focus on yuri.
  • How fascinating Witches, Uwasa and Kimochi designs are, and how they juxtaposition constrasted to the clean, cutesy designs of the megucas.
  • The down-to-earth nature of the characters themselves, they very rarely are some amazing individual, in fact, most of them are just regular kids.

And those are just some details that I can put in words right now, these are not only aspects that are rare in first place, them all together make MagiReco(and PMMM in general) extremely unique.

last edited at Aug 29, 2020 3:15AM

Veya
Image Comments 27 Aug 09:06
Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020
Ectubuouwaiyp-a-orig

I don't think that there is such a thing that Homura could do that would drive her over the "creep" edge for Madoka... if the scene where Homura breaks down crying in front of Madoka while holding her wasn't it, nothing is.

last edited at Aug 27, 2020 9:07AM

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Yup, Hanna actually specifically says that she only had a little magic left, and you can notice she was getting worn out before that, but rereading that part of the story to find the right line made me wonder...

You can read pretty obvious by the way that Hanna describes Sena's fate, that Sena burned herself out fighting the Witch and ended up becoming one herself(and, big spoilers to the Mirrors storyline: We know she did, Sena became the Mirrors Witch), if Hanna witnessed her transformation, there is the possibility that her real reason to commit suicide was that she expected to become a Witch herself, and even in her broken, derranged state, she still considered that to be too much, and a normal death to be preferable.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Being able to "achieve the level of despair" isn't mandatory to Witching out, it is important to remember that while a poor mental state will expedite the process, it can also happen naturally if you burn yourself out, simply running out of magic completely will cause it, which is what got Madoka in one of the timelines depicted in the OG anime, she was simply too powerful and burned herself out in a single shot.

Most of the time this doesn't seem to be so both in this game and FGO in that event stories exist outside of and don't influence or interact with the main story in any way whatsoever.

Really? because I got the exact opposite vibe out of MagiReco, while event stories can have happened at any time, many of which have happened before the start of the main story, they are all affected by and affect the main story in their own ways, in fact often events are used to expand on aspects of the main story.

last edited at Aug 26, 2020 5:34PM

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

I'd make the argument that this story could have very well happened after Yachiyo's old team split up, and most importantly, after the Doppel System had become active.

Tsuruno being Yachiyo's only backup, and not Mifuyu, is the biggest indicator to this, team broken up or not, this was a big situation that Yachiyo might've felt uncomfortable investigating on her own as she could've easily become another victim while also believing it would be much more difficult to target her if she weren't alone, plus also affected Tsuruno(and any other megucas, really), so making a call to Tsuruno over a big situation would've made sense regardless of their team's status, on top of that, the very last scene of the event says that the Magius would start to appear soon, which supports the idea this is within the 6 month gap from the birth of the Doppel system, to the start of the story.

With that in mind, Hanna Witching out would've been outright impossible, she'd simply release her Doppel(which, to note, is one of the physically biggest Doppels, this thing would've been a problem to fight off...), and a Doppel appearing at this point would've caused issues with the main story, in particular causing Yachiyo to learn of Doppels much sooner.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Hazuki's MSS does involve her interacting with Nanaka a lot, but the context isn't shippy at all, but rather it is about solving a conflict between the two teams, which culminates in Nanaka seeing through Hazuki's manipulative behavior, and inviting her to a solo meeting with just the two of them for the express purpose of calling her out on it, as well as question what is her endgame in doing this, to which Hazuki clarifies that there is no endgame, she is simply acting in favor of her family, whatever that means, which is a satisfactory answer to Nanaka, as she understands the mindset(see: Nanaka's entire backstory).

I mean it's not treated like a Ui alt, it's treated like a cute, lovable entity, where the affection it receives is easily transferable to us.

See, this is my issue as well, my favorite thing about MagiReco as a gacha is the utter lack of a player avatar to be the focus of attention(99% of the time Mokyu might as well not exist), which allows the character writing to focus on the girls' relationships with each other, be it shippy and romatic, or wholesome friendship, or even enemies, instead there being a central entity that everyone loves for no real reason.

My main issue with Mokyu as a playable unit is that it goes against the thing I just described.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

They made the stupid thing extremely overpowered, mainly its primary gimmick is that it can switch on type advantage against all types for a turn, including Void that previously had no weakness(and no advantages), at will with its Spirit Enhancement active, it is the only unit that has diagonal Blasts(though this is a bit more complicated), and can demolish entire Mirrors teams in a turn.

Now, this isn't a massive issue for fast Blast-based teams in Mirrors, either version of Tart, YachIro, Madokami, Fate, and so on, they can all shoot the little rat down in moments, since it is still a Dark unit and still has weakness to Light, but I already heard complaints it is extremely difficult for slower, stallier Magia-based teams to keep up, as they take at least a turn to get going even with perfect RNG, all this is going to do is push Mirrors back to a Blast-based meta that never truly left.

If nothing else, people will roll for it simply because it is stupidly powerful.

last edited at Aug 21, 2020 12:05PM

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

The anniversary unit is none other than... Mokyu. No, seriously.

And to be clear it is not a "quintuplet unit for Mikazuki villa team", it is just Mokyu, the girls tag in for attacks, but the unit is still Mokyu, and if the datamine is correct, the unit's name will change to match the player's current name.

I could not be more disappointed on this one, but at least means that I can put my rolls towards something else... dumb little rat should've stayed dead in chapter 10...

last edited at Aug 21, 2020 1:49AM

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

For CQ10, I am pretty sure Homura (x2) brutalized the dumb thing without ever allowing it to as much as move thanks to Stun procs... she is so efficient at turbomudering things that I rarely need actual strategy...

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

I'd tell you to do what you what you think you must, just make sure you keep your ID and password safe so that if you ever feel you are better and want to come back, you actually have the option, I love this game myself but it is not worth putting yourself on any sort of risk over it.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Well, then... on top of my head, the worst offender is probably Sana's Training Event story... which straight up did not happen at all, it should've happened between chapter 9 and Last Magia, but because NA had a week between those tops, where JP had a couple months, it was just too rushed to fit it in, and we never did get it in any way, but Doppel Unleash story is not essential, most 4-stars never get a Doppel Unleash story in first place since they get Doppels by default, so one could make the argument that of all things to sacrifice at the altar of #NATempo, it wasn't the worst thing to lose.

Besides that the worst we had were events out of order and that making things a little awkward for main story plot points, one particular that comes to mind would be Holy Alina's event and Mifuyu mentioning that her perception of time was getting a little messed up because "it's always day in the labyrinth", which spoiled that the Magius hideout was inside a Labyrinth for the keen-eyed but not anything further.

I am fairly certain(while admitting that I could be wrong, and I'd like to know if I am) that this is the first time important plot points have been outright omitted due to NA Tempo shaninegans, some things have been out of order, and some other have been lost, but it was never important details like this.