Forum › Posts by soulsmyth

joined Mar 27, 2018

Byakuren laying down the instant smackdown and Marisa having an existential crisis. Great chapter

soulsmyth
joined Mar 27, 2018

So apparently armpit exhibition is one way Marisa carried on Reimu's legacy.

On a more serious note, I really do like that change from past to future. You can really see the difference, especially with the fact that Marisa ties her hair with one of Reimu's ribbon rather than going for the front knot she was known for.

joined Mar 27, 2018

That is one scary Watermelon.

joined Mar 27, 2018

"Kicking my Marisa's ass is my job"

Just that badass line said with such a derp face is what sells it.

soulsmyth
joined Mar 27, 2018

Well now I'm interested to see how this AU will go.

Iroha always struck me as a fragile person. Not during the events of the game necessarily, but before when she was a very lonely person. She didn't really have any friends, just people that she let lead her around due to how passive she was. It's only because she goes to Kamihama and meets the magical girls there during her quest to find Ui that she becomes stronger due to the bonds that she forms.

So take away Kamihama and the magical girls there. Then take away Ui the only person that Iroha would've been close to. She would have nothing to live for, forcing her to find something else, or end up like in this story.

TLDR: You don't have to be meguca to be suffering

last edited at Jun 18, 2020 10:17PM

soulsmyth
Melon Bread discussion 21 May 20:20
joined Mar 27, 2018

Does melon bread actually act as a good eraser for paint canvas or is that Alina just being... quirky again?

last edited at May 21, 2020 8:20PM

soulsmyth
joined Mar 27, 2018

AliKari is always good for the heart...

Until you remember Alina is an unstable psychopath.

I don't think this is fair, Alina's behavior is always starkingly different around Karin, and while she is harsh towards her she has never shown a hint of hostility towards Karin, the first Halloween event even shows that Alina is willing to put herself in a vulnerable position and do things she admits she is terrible at if it is for Karin's sake.

That's the beauty of their relationship, for all their insanity, Karin grounds Alina, and Alina is able relax around Karin.

It seems to me that Karin is the one person that Alina will treat with even the smallest amount of generosity and kindness. Even when she's going out to save Mifuyu its only to preserve her body to use as a model. With Karin on the other hand Alina has nothing to gain hanging out with her in the club room or giving her advice and yet she still does it anyway.

In the end even the worst people can be surprisingly loving to a few partners or friends. Hitler was in love with a woman whom he ended up marrying shortly before the two committed suicide due to the Red Army being right on their doorstep. Hopefully Alina and Karin doesn't end up like that...

soulsmyth
joined Mar 27, 2018

Confused Felicia noises

So, basically regular Felicia noises? lol

Felicia's default moods are confused and/or angry.

joined Mar 27, 2018

There is a bit of a disconnect between sidestory/event Alina and main story Alina that's for sure. Like you can see how they're the same person but its just jarring jumping from one type to another.

She just seems a lot more chill hanging around Karin and I do find both kinds of Alina interesting in drastically different ways.

joined Mar 27, 2018

i love the way Reimu hides her face with her hair ribbons. Also Suika being supportive of Reimu's... preferences.

last edited at Sep 20, 2019 11:54PM

soulsmyth
4 discussion 30 Mar 00:02
joined Mar 27, 2018

Exhibit 9726489 for "Your favorite authors did Touhou doujinshi before they drew their own series."

I swear that its some sort of requirement at this point. Not that I mind but it still blew my mind when I learned the authors of Bloom Into You also drew Touhou manga at some point.

joined Mar 27, 2018

I need a manga series and a 12 twelve episode anime of this asap

joined Mar 27, 2018

I like men

(https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/270/447/733.png)

asdasd

I mean she could be bisexual if she really does like men, but her attraction to women is definite at this point

joined Mar 27, 2018

I wonder how many wish this would happen to them

I think a lot of people myself included would be willing to try it as long as there was a safe way to go back if they didn't like it.

I agree - If you could pop a cheap pill and woke up the opposite gender - and the same to go back any time you want - I'd guess a LOT of people would try it out - maybe like 50%! and maybe like 10-20% would end up liking it a lot and either permanently staying or spending quite a lot of time, as the other gender.

Those numbers are total guesses but it just seems a lot would want to try.

X-rated things aside it would be a pretty cool experience if only to get a bit more understanding of the opposite gender by going through some of the things they go through.

joined Mar 27, 2018

Tbh apart from Patchy and Reimu the rest of them look pretty good to me...

Have I also been brainwashed by the tan?

joined Mar 27, 2018
soulsmyth
joined Mar 27, 2018

Poor Mikochi. So good at everything that someone was always bound to find her another job.

joined Mar 27, 2018

Only Marisa would use her death as a distraction to land a free hit

last edited at Nov 1, 2018 9:45PM

soulsmyth
joined Mar 27, 2018

Possessive Reimu is best Reimu

joined Mar 27, 2018

Explosion ending (and isn't the SDM this time ).

It ain't a touhou manga without something exploding

soulsmyth
joined Mar 27, 2018

I really like how this author depicts the relationship between Byakuren and Miko. They're still rivals, but not quite as hostile as other doujins would depict the two to be and I enjoy how competitive the two are. Its actually quite close to their interactions in the recent Touhou fighting game.

joined Mar 27, 2018

Damn. Miko has got some serious swag.

But yea I really do love this author's depiction of Miko.

last edited at May 16, 2018 12:52AM

soulsmyth
Chata Maru discussion 13 May 02:01
joined Mar 27, 2018

There are so many Arisa stories that need translating! Hurry up translators!

joined Mar 27, 2018

Turns out there's a sequel to this on danbooru. Gives some good closure to the Marisa and Hijiri relationship.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/pools/9660