Forum › Seifuku no Vampiress Lord discussion

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

the story has the ability to get a fight or NSFW sence, but it had to end soon..... so no more potential.....
so regretful.... I want the story to develop....

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

how can you cancel a series when the first vol has been out for only a week?! it was so well written too that the only people that they could complain to is marketing but still, its ONE week give it a month before you consider axing it. If people cancel everything because people didn't get it the first week then 99% of the stuff I love should be axed considering how I pick up stuff.

last edited at Jun 6, 2020 9:32PM

joined Nov 14, 2013

Well this does also help give a meta-explaination of Rin's love of tracksuits - they're comfy, easy to wear and easy to draw!

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

The poor author! I love this series, I wish I could have seen it in it’s full glory.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Axed or not, I really loved this series, and likely would have even more if we had been able to see all that had been planned.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Must... reread... this... Can't... not...

joined Jan 8, 2016

Ahh, I've said it before but I just really love the couple here. Nana's so normal and smart and warm, a best friend without so many of the ultra-dramatic tropes, but the romance is still significant and rootable, when it comes down to it we see how important it is to them and how happy they are. It's just nice.

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

Finally got around and finish it. I mean, the church scene could have been so good if it wasn't of the trashy build up to it. Rin's constant presence didn't help either since he was living in Yuu's house, I think that was a bad move on a supposedly yuri manga. I sympathize with the author struggles but the signs were there and the series weren't never going to meet the yuri audience expectations. Kind of a shame.

Otaku_Mastermind
joined Apr 26, 2020

I really love this manga i feel sad that it had to get cancelled, I also dont see many Vampire manga in Dynasty so I really looked forward to reading this. But it can't be helped if they had cancelled it already.

joined Mar 8, 2016

Random thoughts:

1. Disappointed this ended early but not surprised. The author pretty much removed all of the traditional drawbacks of vampirism, either modern or historical. It was pretty much all upside with no conflict to speak of and the usual mess of yuri-by-implication-accompanied-by-fervent-denials plotlines. I did like that Yuunagi was allowed to just be powerful and cool and not all moe-cutesy, and that Rin was able to be a decent male character who was quirky and funny and not a perv. But there just never was a story to speak of even if the characters were fun.

2. The art is distinctive and detailed, and again I like the non-moe character design aesthetic a lot. But it often feels very flat, and the female) characters suffer a terminal case of sameface. They all have the exact same height, build, and facial features, just a different mop of hair on top. Felt like interchangeable paper dolls.

3. The question I came to ask: if the character's name is "Yuunagi Irie," why are her offscreen speech bubbles marked with the katakana "タ"?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018
  1. The question I came to ask: if the character's name is "Yuunagi Irie," why are her offscreen speech bubbles marked with the katakana "タ"?

It's not a katakana "タ", it's a kanji "夕" (yuu).

joined Mar 8, 2016

It's not a katakana "タ", it's a kanji "夕" (yuu).

Ah, makes sense, thanks. Easy to make the mistake because with the translation, I've never seen her name written in kanji. Plus everyone else's bubble indicators are kana, and the author tends to cross the third stroke so it looks more like "ta".

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I wanted more Vampire and less weak harem

But YuuXNana was amazing

C44d8dc6-30f6-464b-9df6-21306e5b293c
joined May 16, 2017

I absolutely adore this wholesome and fluffy story. It’s terribly sad that it got axed so absurdly quickly, but I am extremely grateful that we were still able to get at least this much.

Cute, wholesome, funny, and an absolutely fantastic cast. Although the axing resulted in a largely simplistic slice-of-life setting, it was thoroughly pleasant to read. Not to mention, the art style is downright beautiful, albeit slightly marred by the problem of relatively prevalent same-face. None the less, quite possibly one of my very favorites. Could only wish for more.

10350345_10203915261036022_4042905298182130354_n
joined Mar 1, 2015

We know that this is cancelled but at least it ended pretty good..Honestly, you won't even notice that it got cancelled since we have a perfect ending and pretty sure that Nana and Yuu are together because of their rings at the end.. :D

joined Sep 5, 2017

i really love this story

joined Nov 13, 2019

it's hard to be a mangaka

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Vampire yuri is a struggle.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Every time I reread this, I'm reminded that not only is Aya not cute, she's also partially responsible for Yuunagi becoming a vampire in the first place.

Ter
joined Feb 9, 2019

Just finish this in one go. what a ride. sad reading the axed manga, thinking we could got more stuff. But overrall an awesome read. Rin is my favorite character.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I was reluctant to read this since it was labelled as cancelled, but then I checked out the author's note about it and it seemed like they might have managed to pull it off somehow, so I thought I'd give it a try. Well, I don't regret my decision.

It had comedy, it had bloodsucking, it had interesting characters... I feel like I pretty much got what I wanted. I would have liked to see a longer version, I'm curious as to what more we would have seen, but it was very enjoyable nonetheless.

It was actually a bit sad to read the author's note, it was axed within a week after its release?! I can't imagine how difficult it must have been to cram six volumes worth of story in only two... But it didn't feel incomplete in any way, so I'd say they were pretty successful.

Bowser Wowser
Screen%20shot%202019-06-20%20at%206.20.42%20am
joined May 6, 2017

This series still manages to be good despite having an axed ending. Imagine if the author got the chance to finish it the way he intended. Pocha Climb is another casualty that makes me depressed. God, the manga industry is cruel.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

U know, Rin is suposed to be ultra smart, You have to be ridiculously smart to work as a Mathematician. SO what happened...as if his IQ has been cut in half and more, and becoming a moron

But if you pay attention to his scenes, you got a feeling that he is indeed very smart. The problem is that those occasions that he has to be smart is rare. He knows exactly how to scare off that model agency scout by being told that he was the bf,abd afterwards says it will be more effective to say that he is the brother.

last edited at Dec 23, 2021 6:56AM

joined Jan 6, 2017

Reread this all in one day. It's still so sad that this got cancelled. It was so good!!!!!!!!!!

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Ahhh I love to reread this! Good series and I really love Nana and Yuu. Wish it hadn’t been axed, would’ve love to seen it in its full glory. Only thing that I really didn’t like was Rikka. She was just annoying.

To reply you must either login or sign up.