Forum › Seifuku no Vampiress Lord discussion

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

Found this randomly today — and I'm a huge fan of Prunus Girl, so it was a greatly pleasant surprise. It's probably paced too slowly for its three volume length, but the vagaries of publication will do that to you. The only thing nagging at me is Yuu's reactions to the idea of immortality, and why she's living in a big house all alone — she's had to watch someone die before, hasn't she? It seems her dad is still alive, if next-door-guy's comments are to be taken at face value. So her mom? Beloved grandparents? Hmm. (Not wanting spoilers, just speculating.)

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

She moved there so she can be closer to school. It's a Japanese thing (more in manga than irl probably ^^). Nobody has to die for that.

Also the story wasn't supposed to be just 3 volumes, which is probably why it's paced as it is. But undoubtedly the pacing is what killed it (or at least I can't say what else it would have been).

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The only thing nagging at me is Yuu's reactions to the idea of immortality

That's easy. Being immortal mean you gonna survive anyone you love, be it family,friends or lovers. She just don't want to be immortal because she didn't want to outlive anyone.

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

Oh, I agree that's the concept, but her reaction seems much stronger than just to the idea of outliving people in the abstract. My reading, I guess.

joined Jan 7, 2020

It’s more updated on another website

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Maybe it would be time to ask Maigo if they dropped it or not.

Since there are several more chapters elsewhere.

joined Jan 7, 2020

Maybe it would be time to ask Maigo if they dropped it or not.

Since there are several more chapters elsewhere.

It’s finally finished on mangahasu.

joined May 26, 2016

series got axed before the 2nd vol even got out ugh i am firming believing people got bad taste

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

series got axed before the 2nd vol even got out ugh i am firming believing people got bad taste

Apparently there were plans for 7 volumes...It really is too bad.

AyeIts_Nicocchi
Deepfry-2
joined Mar 15, 2018

How does one cancel and complete a story at the same time? Either way ive been waiting for this. The fact that i got inpatient enough to read the untranslated versions hurts now. Fun either way c:

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Tbh, this story was not that well written. The vampire element was just a vague pretense that didn't really serve any purpose in the story. It was a harem manga with a thin plot. That it was yuri just added a bit of flavor, but that was it.

The drawings were neat, I'll give you that.

Eqdbyreu8aaiibl
joined Oct 4, 2017

Just finish this, it was a fun ride.

last edited at Jun 4, 2020 2:28PM

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Tbh, this story was not that well written. The vampire element was just a vague pretense that didn't really serve any purpose in the story. It was a harem manga with a thin plot. That it was yuri just added a bit of flavor, but that was it.

The drawings were neat, I'll give you that.

The vampire element might have been stronger if the series hadn't gotten axed. The author points that out in the 27.5 omake https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/seifuku_no_vampiress_lord_ch27_5#2
Of course the writing is going to be subpar if you're condensing 7 volumes of content into 3 and just focusing on the fun little yuri harem instead of the original vampire issue.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Oh noooooo all of the prior untranslated chapters were released but this is it, it was axed. So that's all the content available. Ugh. The story definitely started feeling more rushed halfway through. That's an absolute shame, I wanted to see more. I quite liked the concept and wanted to see where it would go. It's fitting that Yuu would become the next Vampire Lord, that's always been hinted at, but clearly was a lot more development planned before that was supposed to happen. owndizutfkoakKwkdmxmloekzj

Ah well. This is just like that other vampire manga I liked which got axed too.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Much as I like the series I still think it's understandable it just didn't do too well; the first volume was just kinda ... a bit of this, a bit of that; at the same time nothing really, with no real clarity of where it was going and what it tried to do ...

But, yeah, still a shame. It's just fun how it nonchalantly always subverts the drama moments by instead doing some casual dorking about.

... although apparently it wasn't going for a real harem anyway and where's the fun in that so good riddance ^^

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Still I can't help but feel annoyed that series about cross-dresser yaoi couple goes for 6 volumes, while yuri vampire harem gets axed with only 3.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Fuck I'm depressed this got cancelled. It had such a good premise and was actually interesting and funny. Everything good never lasts long and then we get garbage like nanashi no asterism lasting 5 volumes and getting localized. God dammittt

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Fuck I'm depressed this got cancelled. It had such a good premise and was actually interesting and funny. Everything good never lasts long and then we get garbage like nanashi no asterism lasting 5 volumes and getting localized. God dammittt

Joke on you, Vampiress Lord get localized in France. I actually own the 3 volumes.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Taken too soon, alas. A good ending none the less.
I can see why it didn't do so well, yeah, it took a while to find it's footing, but once it had it's stride it was pretty fun.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

"Omake of the AXED Lord" LMAO I loved the titled, so sad it got axed and couldn't continue!

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

Think it's the first time I've seen Cancelled AND Completed. What that mean?

Also a shame it got axed. Really did enjoy it

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I think it means the author got notified it would be cancelled but they left him finish it in 1 or 2 more chapters so he rushed an ending.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Joke on you, Vampiress Lord get localized in France. I actually own the 3 volumes.

i mean i'm not surprised, france is the western culture that loves anime/manga the most lol but also it doesn't change how disappointing the fact that it got cancelled. we'll never know how the story was really supposed to go.

last edited at Jun 4, 2020 5:46PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I think it means the author got notified it would be cancelled but they left him finish it in 1 or 2 more chapters so he rushed an ending.

Well, it's a little bit more complicated than that. The average series that gets either Completed or Cancelled is probably somewhere in between. Due to how serialization and publishing work, a great many stories will finish before they were intended to. Yet usually when we hear about abrupt cancellations - i.e. what Cancelled is typically reserved for - we learn that an author had at most just a few chapters to wrap things up. This case was quite different - the artist settled for much less, but still had one half to a third of the manga to develop the ending. It feels wrong to call it Cancelled when it was given such a wide berth, yet it also feels wrong to call it Completed when the author was feeling the burn of cancellation.

tl;dr It was kinda both Cancelled and Completed, so it got both tags. The end!

last edited at Jun 4, 2020 5:49PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

It just means that series status is cancelled, but scanlation status is completed (as in all existing chapters are translated). As opposite when it's marked as dropped, meaning scanlation group doesn't translate it anymore, but that doesn't mean manga itself is axed and in fact often there's more of it just not translated.

EDIT/ Ninja'd

EDIT 2/ Ok I apparently didn't even know the actual meaning of those tags.

last edited at Jun 4, 2020 5:58PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.