Forum › Tadokoro-san (web comic) discussion

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Is the Idiot Couple tag new?

Idiot Couple - The mind cannot fully comprehend the possibilities that have just been opened.

YYYYUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

The "let's go on a date" story arc was so funny and captivating that it made me completely forget about the real storyline going on right now: Evil Editor From Rotten Publishing Company Is Bullying And Tormenting Tadokoro Just For The Lulz.

Poor Tadokoro is now trying to completely destroy her style (her art, her characters, her plots, everything) to remake her manga into a clone of all those bland, boring, formulaic shounen series that we see by the thousands in every manga magazine out there.

I'm really going to enjoy it when Nikaidou finds what's going on, goes meet that jerk and kicks his ass. Grr.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Selfie Time

Astraea Hill
Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

"Idiot couple" - I like that description

Diredead
joined Jul 1, 2019

THE IDIOT COUPLE TAG BAHAHAHAHA

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

"is this what i want to draw"
hit a bit too close to home

joined May 24, 2014

"is this what i want to draw"
hit a bit too close to home

Again no one cares about what she wants to draw & write so she'll have to conform or be cast out.

joined May 24, 2014

The "let's go on a date" story arc was so funny and captivating that it made me completely forget about the real storyline going on right now: Evil Editor From Rotten Publishing Company Is Bullying And Tormenting Tadokoro Just For The Lulz.

Poor Tadokoro is now trying to completely destroy her style (her art, her characters, her plots, everything) to remake her manga into a clone of all those bland, boring, formulaic shounen series that we see by the thousands in every manga magazine out there.

I'm really going to enjoy it when Nikaidou finds what's going on, goes meet that jerk and kicks his ass. Grr.

That won't change the fact that NOBODY wants to read tadokoro's mangas. The facts state that she HAS to conform or be cast out.

joined Mar 8, 2019

It seems like they were just toying with her but it could be that they were testing her as well. Sometimes studios want to push artists out of their comfort zone in order to test their limits.

Tadokoro is new so it’s highly unlikely they’re going to shower her with praises. The other editors would probably not have been as harsh but she got the one that takes tough love to a whole other level.

Perhaps the editor sees her potential and wants to steer her in a direction that they feel would profit the company more. Something like this happened in Comic Girls I believe.

That won't change the fact that NOBODY wants to read tadokoro's mangas. The facts state that she HAS to conform or be cast out.

It’s not so much that nobody wants to read it. I think it’s just not a popular genre? Or perhaps her style, storyline, characters are simply considered dated.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tadokoro_san_web_comic_ch47_5

Then again, the editor could be wrong. Perhaps people are only eating up what they’re offered because of lack of choice.

Smallerowl2jpg
joined May 5, 2020

I really want to read Magical Boy Boy and Immortal Wifi.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Who hurt you so badly that you feel the need to do this? I sure hope you don't have any sort of influence on any children. Imagine if they were told something so soul-crushing and unnecessary by someone who is clearly broken.

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Is the Idiot Couple tag new?

I need to add it to all of Ayano x Miyoshi chapters

I couldn't help but picture spongebob and Patrick..... Then I couldn't help but picture ayano x Miyoshi as spongebob x Patrick..... Plz help me lord

joined May 24, 2014

Who hurt you so badly that you feel the need to do this? I sure hope you don't have any sort of influence on any children. Imagine if they were told something so soul-crushing and unnecessary by someone who is clearly broken.

Children need to be taught the harness of reality or else they'll go running into a wall over and over. That's life.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The author is just masturbating their own ego and you're eating it up. Amazing.

What is your evidence that this has anything to do with the author’s ego?

joined Feb 22, 2018

"Immortal WiFi"?

Waai fai but po! ("The wifi is unbreakable".)

The mangaka is a fan of HK too? And Cantonese memes?

Sarah of the Night
Kaijuislandfuruka2
joined May 12, 2020

Children need to be taught the harness of reality or else they'll go running into a wall over and over. That's life.

except thats literally not true lul.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Reality can be harsh. With your help, we can change that!

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

The millions of people throughout history who have defied conformity and ended up changing the world for the better beg to disagree with this.

joined Jun 12, 2019

These comments man

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

The millions of people throughout history who have defied conformity and ended up changing the world for the better beg to disagree with this.

Hmm, I dunno... I did repeatedly run into walls my entire childhood, and just look at where that got me: making unfunny jokes on the internet! Maybe my parents should have taught me the harshness of running into walls...

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

drhelsing posted:

You have no idea what you're talking about. It's important that children don't get funny ideas about how reality actually is, yes. That part is reasonable. Every other part of what you're saying is not, however. It's much closer to a recipe for destroying someone's self-confidence instead. I dunno how much you know about psychology (not much I'd wager judging by what you've said here) but it's a known fact that positive reinforcement is FAR more successful at helping someone improve than just shitting all over their efforts.

joined May 24, 2014

Every other part of what you're saying is not, however. It's much closer to a recipe for destroying someone's self-confidence instead. I dunno how much you know about psychology (not much I'd wager judging by what you've said here) but it's a known fact that positive reinforcement is FAR more successful at helping someone improve than just shitting all over their efforts.

All that you said won't change that feels DO NOT overcome facts, NEVER. And it's better to destroy their self-confidence than to give them hope which is far more cruel.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Every other part of what you're saying is not, however. It's much closer to a recipe for destroying someone's self-confidence instead. I dunno how much you know about psychology (not much I'd wager judging by what you've said here) but it's a known fact that positive reinforcement is FAR more successful at helping someone improve than just shitting all over their efforts.

All that you said won't change that feels DO NOT overcome facts, NEVER. And it's better to destroy their self-confidence than to give them hope which is far more cruel.

... I can say from having experienced innumerable occasions of comparatively brief yet nonetheless harmful phases of self-loathing (induced by in large part by some verbal ironing (yes, "ironing" is how we call it here) by my grandma during my formative years) that I beg to differ. Even temporarily crushing one's self-confidence... In my case me most often being the one to be doing that crushing... Is much worse and cruel, speaking from personal experience (though, unfortunately for my side of the debate, nevertheless being just apocryphal evidence).

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Crushing a human being's hope is one of the most cruel things you can do to them. You can think what you want, but don't go expecting anyone to agree with you unless they're equally as damaged beyond repair as you. Your entire philosophy is wrong and dangerous, and you need to stop now. I can only hope you aren't an influence in any children's lives.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

drhelsing posted:

...Lol? I really hope this is a joke because if not then WOW. Let's completely destroy someone's self-esteem because to do otherwise is somehow crueler??? How do you not see the flaw here? You do realize that the sort of damage to someone's self-esteem we're talking about here is the kind that tends to make people extremely withdrawn and depressed, right? If you destroy someone's sense of self-worth then you're just condemning them to a life of misery and unhappiness. How is that less cruel than not being a total asshole to them for no reason other than your so-called "facts"? In addition you can go about criticizing someone's work, such as the actual subject of this discussion in the first place, without being a harsh and blunt jerk about it. It's called constructive criticism. And it's far more effective than being a jerk.

To reply you must either login or sign up.