Forum › A Normal Friday Night discussion

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

Page 1: Is this angst? Why there no comments so I can look it up before reading.........?!
Page 2: Okay, is this about an asexual persons daily life? cause I can relate!!
Page 3 & 4: Daily conflicts of an asexual person?
Page 5: I too hangout alone........it's rather fun!!
Page 6: Wild plot suddenly appears!!
Page 10: Still not sure if this is Yuri or the relationship of an Asexual person......!

last edited at May 23, 2020 7:15PM

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Page 1: Is this angst? Why there no comments so I can look it up before reading.........?!
Page 10: Still not sure if this is Yuri or the relationship of an Asexual person......!

I too was confused by it at first, but I mean, looking more into it, they're living together, touchy feely with one another, and the tag is Yuri so i'm assuming it's one of those relationships where you're both in love, dating, but behave more like best friends than lovers.

last edited at May 23, 2020 7:22PM

joined May 1, 2013

There are a whole lot of perplexing things about this, but the weirdest is that one lady who's like "I always thought you were pretty, so I'm going to tell you that I got engaged!"

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

I too was confused by it at first, but I mean, looking more into it, they're living together, touchy feely with one another, and the tag is Yuri so i'm assuming it's one of those relationships where you're both in love, dating, but behave more like best friends than lovers.

A best friends only couple relationship is pretty much the definition of an asexual relationship. But, it's probably just me interpreting it as such since many movies and stories have already overused the insipid need behind wanting a relationship/marriage is solely 'just to have sex'.

joined Aug 19, 2019

A best friends only couple relationship is pretty much the definition of an asexual relationship. But, it's probably just me interpreting it as such since many movies and stories have already overused the insipid need behind wanting a relationship/marriage is solely 'just to have sex'.

Hmm, I had to skim through it a 2nd time, and it kind of reminds me of the relationship Yuu and Touko had in the beginning of Bloom Into You lol, I still wish we could've gotten more context on it tho, the Yuri tag is kind of throwing me off tbh..

last edited at May 23, 2020 7:53PM

joined Feb 24, 2019

I'm guessing the yuri tag is there mostly because this story comes from an office lady yuri anthology, so even if the yuri isn't explicit, it is implied by that fact alone. Just a guess though. I liked this one just fine, but I don't see myself coming back to it in the future. It just lacks something I can't quite put my finger on.

joined Jul 31, 2014

Very nice storyline and it’s so real.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

This is more the story of heteronormative/sexist pressures in the work place and that marriage is something that's not for you if you're gay. That's how I see it, anyway. You can't really say much at work regarding your personal life and everyone thinks you're single and should be married to get that nuclear family started up.

last edited at May 23, 2020 9:53PM

joined May 20, 2013

Hmm, I had to skim through it a 2nd time, and it kind of reminds me of the relationship Yuu and Touko had in the beginning of Bloom Into You lol, I still wish we could've gotten more context on it tho, the Yuri tag is kind of throwing me off tbh..

Except they're not living together. Mai asks if she can visit, although they are close enough for her to just go ahead and for them to be relaxed around each other. Given only this, Mai's first reaction to the hint of a confession, and the part about Saki's heart withering, together suggest to me that they aren't in a relationship. Mai could even be married while being an old and close friend, or having a sisterly role in Saki's life. (Mai's later disappointment may be a sign of her feelings that aren't reciprocated by Saki, but it could have various other meanings, too.)

joined Aug 19, 2019

Except they're not living together. Mai asks if she can visit, although they are close enough for her to just go ahead and for them to be relaxed around each other. Given only this, Mai's first reaction to the hint of a confession, and the part about Saki's heart withering, together suggest to me that they aren't in a relationship. Mai could even be married while being an old and close friend, or having a sisterly role in Saki's life. (Mai's later disappointment may be a sign of her feelings that aren't reciprocated by Saki, but it could have various other meanings, too.)

Really? oops, guess that means I misead it then.

last edited at May 23, 2020 10:16PM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Awww maybe she’s holding back too..(⁎⁍̴̆Ɛ⁍̴̆⁎) because she probably thinks that her friend likes someone else.. when she says Thank you in a low voice..

joined Jun 12, 2019

Well this was kinda cute... I wanted moree

Sarah of the Night
Kaijuislandfuruka2
joined May 12, 2020

yes.

going back home to the wifey always makes life better.

%e2%80%8f%e2%80%8f3b41c630da1d5f54055c73f6c5e80f31%20-%20%d9%86%d8%b3%d8%ae%d8%a9
joined May 24, 2020

"plus, I can be the version of me I love the most." EH?

WHAT DOES SHE MEAN BY IT?!!

last edited at Jul 2, 2020 10:08PM

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

though Saki told her collegues that she decided to remain single, she's actualy in a relationship with Mai, right? After all a friend won't hug you from behind going all "I want you to be squishier" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) right?

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

It’s easy to see from context clues they only recently got together, with the other women probably initiating since she talks about how good the MC looks from a distant. In that angle the stories kind of about her getting used to the fact she isn’t single anymore and does have someone to go home goo, even if she hasn’t fully committed herself yet.

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

Hopefully one day they will be able to marry when Japan decides to legalize marriage, even happier ending.

icecreammadness
08f2567611a37fd74d79c22ced71ec18
joined Apr 1, 2016

It's just yuri. People on this site like overthink.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

La La Land would technically be a foreign film to them, huh

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I actually wanted to stop by for a completely different reason, which is that I love the credits page picture. Touhou for the win.

Except they're not living together.

Well Mai has the keys to Saki's place for some reason.

End takeaway for me no matter if they're in a relationship or not is just how together they can keep each other's flowers watered. In the non-sexual sense. XD

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This is a pretty standard yuri story
It definitely looks like they're in a relationship and you don't have to live together to be in one

joined Apr 13, 2012

Wholesome

%e2%80%8f%e2%80%8f3b41c630da1d5f54055c73f6c5e80f31%20-%20%d9%86%d8%b3%d8%ae%d8%a9
joined May 24, 2020

Back to it after two years. And I can say that I have a grasp of the situation a little more. Saki is not the type who like to be in relationship, she enjoys beings single but she also think that a woman is mere a flower that her youth can be waisted but for her there is Mai who is like water that prolong a flower's life or in other words make her youth not waisted. That's how I just see it.

joined May 24, 2020

back to it after almost a year! people can grow in just one night so I'll just put what I believe now.

the men think it is okay to joke around with her about not getting married, they think it is okay cuz she will get married at the end. but the problem is that she won't. joking around isn't her problem, the thought behind it it is. but since it isn't something harmful, she let it be.

"like a blossoming flower, reaching out of a pure spring"
it is a Symbol she born with, she resembles herself as a flower, a woman who eventually will pass the age of marriage; spring.

but she is withering, why so? cuz one of marriage meanings is sticking with someone for the rest of your life. parents mostly won't outstand their child life, friends can travel or start a new life far away from you even in the not literal meaning, but with a trustworthy someone like a husband/wife by your side, she/he is supposed (at least supposed) to stay with you until you die or he/she dies.

She won't have another flower, instead, she will have water.
With Mai, she can still be single yet without withering away.

To reply you must either login or sign up.