Forum › Living with My Brother's Wife. discussion

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

OK, let's be realistic. There is no way this manga is going to end yuri or even subtext

Hinaleg
joined May 9, 2017

idk man yuri can just come out of nowhere at this point

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Nozomi is feeling depressed. It seems seeing Shino changed is same to Shino doesn’t need her anymore. Just talk girls.

never wheat shredded eat
joined Aug 21, 2019

a supermarket with a bathhouse?

joined Jan 14, 2020

I'm just going "the supermarket has a bath house??"

Edit: Lol jinx.

last edited at May 19, 2020 7:22PM

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

This teasing maan!! Is killing me! I feel like Kuzushiro wants us to get the idea that this won't become yuri, but "the best" way to conclude this drama is with yuri, no matter how hard they fight against their morals/believes of both been women... Gosshh...
Well... Hey! Which topic you think Shino would bring up in order to find what happens with Nozomi???
A.The Ring.
B.Shino's dead brother
C.(RE)Marriage
D.Y.U.R. still livin' with me if when you forget 'bout me gerl....¿¿¿
VOTEINYOURPHONESRIGHTNOWWWMW!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Nozomi’s Mom: “I’m going to the supermarket—why don’t you girls come along and get naked together?”

Girls: “OK.”

joined Jan 14, 2020

Hah.

Not that either seemed particularly conscious of being naked together. Shino was just fixated on the ring.

Man, Nozomi is 'big'.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nozomi’s Mom: “I’m going to the supermarket—why don’t you girls come along and get naked together?”

Mother knows best! (She noticed actually).

Yuri or not, I just don't want Nozomi to end up with the orher booooooooooooooring teacher that pops up once a year, that would be like when you finish a game without doing any sidequest and didn't care about your party's affection rate and then you unlock the regular ending where everyone is seemingly "ok" oh boy that would be so sad!! Or Nozomi ends up with the brother's friend with a motorcicle and we're supposed to accept that because "she has to move on" I feel like everyone would be pretty disappointed (to avoid saying disgusted) with that and if they say otherwise is only because they're scared that the moral police will come and blow their door, and they'll lose their jobs too.

But whatever, we're actually seeing a flashback right now, Shino from the future already told us that things will go terrible at some point and nothing can stop it from happening.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Mother knows best! (She noticed actually).

I thought Nozomi went along on the shopping trip to intervene in this budding friendship between Shino and the mom.

I can just see Nozomi doing some half-tsundere thing like, "No, of course I'm not jealous--I just don't want my mother getting her nasty clutches on my precious . . . wait, that maybe came out a little wrong . . ."

Caf17338-61fd-484a-9549-c799f3691222
joined May 29, 2011

Yuri or not, I just don't want Nozomi to end up with the orher booooooooooooooring teacher that pops up once a year, that would be like when you finish a game without doing any sidequest and didn't care about your party's affection rate and then you unlock the regular ending where everyone is seemingly "ok" oh boy that would be so sad!! Or Nozomi ends up with the brother's friend with a motorcicle and we're supposed to accept that because "she has to move on" I feel like everyone would be pretty disappointed (to avoid saying disgusted) with that and if they say otherwise is only because they're scared that the moral police will come and blow their door, and they'll lose their jobs too.

But whatever, we're actually seeing a flashback right now, Shino from the future already told us that things will go terrible at some point and nothing can stop it from happening.

Umm what flashback is that exactly where we get this Future Shino prediction?

last edited at May 19, 2020 11:33PM

Hippityhoppity
joined Dec 7, 2019

Nozomi is feeling depressed. It seems seeing Shino changed is same to Shino doesn’t need her anymore. Just talk girls.

I think Nozomi is not finding a way to be closer to Shino in a romantic way, these gaze square's and the way she act when Shino is close to other people is sending signal of it, also Shino is not totally inmune to Nozomi acts and she is depressed to seen her conection of her brother with Nozomi vanishing, none of them can tolerate taking a step away and beginning a new life, Shino is without relatives and the last or nearest is Nozomi, to give a normie hetero end the author will need to dissapoint 90% of the readers, Shino wanted to be alone because she fears losing Nozomi as she think she will grow tired of her, but I think Nozomi see Shino as a priority in her life, and she is maybe in love with her.

Hippityhoppity
joined Dec 7, 2019

The page is this https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/living_with_my_brothers_wife_ch75#16
But what will happen? Will she be married again or will she go to other country maybe a suicide attempt? Aghh i just want a fluffy yuri end, but this suffering is so good!

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

The page is this https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/living_with_my_brothers_wife_ch75#16
But what will happen? Will she be married again or will she go to other country maybe a suicide attempt? Aghh i just want a fluffy yuri end, but this suffering is so good!

There's a chance though that the manga will catch up to the future, and that way she can still fix things with Nozomi.

So is this series just yuri baiting like Sound Euphonium?
Are there any Yuri moments?
Any indication that both or either will fall in love with the other?
Do you guys think this series is going to wrap up soon?

Because if not, I'm not going to read 80 chapters.

last edited at May 20, 2020 6:45AM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Ok so like... Has anyone here seen K-ON? Is this series like that anime where you could pretend they're lesbians? Like there's enough subtle hints? Even if it's very subtle? But maybe there's some overt ones every now and then?

Caf17338-61fd-484a-9549-c799f3691222
joined May 29, 2011

I didn’t get the impression that this retrospective bodes something terrible happening in the future. I mean, I’m sure a lot of us do the “would have, should have, could have” when we feel we might have done something different in a situation in order to have more clarity or save someone unnecessary pain. If anything, I feel like this is a little vague since there was so much going on in that chapter. It would be interesting to see a yuri end but it may not be the best thing for them. Nozomi is well aware that she is using Shino as a substitute for her brother, that link to him to avoid really acknowledging that he’s gone (in a way, Shino was doing the same thing) but I imagine that letting go of a spouse is much harder than Shino realizes. We’re in for a roller coaster ride still.

joined Apr 6, 2013

Is it sad that even after almost 80 chapters I still believe there is a chance they will get together

joined Jan 14, 2020

I too have hope. For both of the ongoing sister-in-law-cest yuribaits.

Though speaking of that, I forget: do we as readers actually know Shino is into Nozomi, or is it still plausibly deniable? Over in MUL Uta confessed to Kaoru, so we know we're definitely in at least one-sided yuri space there.

I do remember that Shino seems very likely lesbian, given her dating games and relative flustering, but "very likely les" makes it seem unlikely we have confirmation of feelings...

last edited at May 20, 2020 7:34PM

joined Oct 5, 2016

I still don't think them ending up together will happen - or that it would be good if it happened.

OTOH I also still get the strong impression that Shino is gay. I've given up hope that she'll ever get with that underclassman though, considering how rarely she shows up.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Back to square one .... it becomes generic and the smallest detail becomes super drama ...Nothing interesting or exciting is happening anymore, already the previous chapter with the hot water bath, the author lacks imagination … No love story or romance debut, the author remains frozen on this same and eternal drama.

last edited at May 29, 2020 11:47AM

84e6a6e7-57b4-46e6-b387-5a9bd44d45ef
joined Oct 10, 2014

Back to square one .... it becomes generic and the smallest detail becomes super drama ...Nothing interesting or exciting is happening anymore, already the previous chapter with the hot water bath, the author lacks imagination … No love story or romance debut, the author remains frozen on this same and eternal drama.

That’s actually how trauma and grief works for people. One day you feel like you’ve mended and you’re ready to move on and the next you’re a weeping broken mess. For Shino the loss of her parents and brother could have left her with PTSD so “small details” can cause these extreme reactions and fall backs to bad behavior habits. Honestly for the level of trauma for both of them they need professional help like therapy and/or counseling. So although it seems kind of redundant the author is capturing the grieving and trauma accurately

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Has a childhood friend who transferred away ever been mentioned in a manga without them popping up immediately?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

uncertain posted:

Has a childhood friend who transferred away ever been mentioned in a manga without them popping up immediately?

I think that conversation of people going away was just build up for their crisis

joined Apr 6, 2013

Another day, another chapter, another internal freak out that they might really seriously get together for real this time, another calming breath.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

uncertain posted:

I think that conversation of people going away was just build up for their crisis

Yeah, I think the point is to show Shino's thought process. When she thinks back about people she used to know because she found a keepsake from them, she thinks about how they ended things. Then she's trying to figure out why Nozomi won't wear the ring, and it dawns on her that if this is how Nozomi processed the ring, then by giving it to her, she ran her back through all the trauma of Taishi's death and reminded her of all her grief and loss.

To reply you must either login or sign up.