Forum › One Who Depicts Love discussion

joined Mar 30, 2012

I thought the ending was pretty sweet and the extra.

joined Jan 8, 2014

This is one of the few rare work that made my face go :3

Same here! It wasn't the greatest ive read but you could feel the story ^_^
...fave part was when she thought "I cant help but smile"

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I want sequel.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

This was wonderful. Predictable, but wonderful.
Somehow I didn't recognize the artist at first, art evolution hm.
I really like this kind of character, seemingly emotionless, but just bad at expressing it. There should be a tag for this, not sure how to call it though.

And that extra, hehe. Show us all!

P.S. Two errors noticed. P7 - "writ", P18 - "for forever"

joined Jul 5, 2014

Rather enjoyed this, and I'm the sort of person that hates any kind of Y chromosome in my yuri manga :p
Is there a continuation of this, a second part perhaps? I would have liked a little more development.

last edited at Oct 7, 2014 4:13AM

joined Nov 11, 2010

Yotsuhara Furiko is great~

I don't believe there'll be a sequel, unless Furiko-sensei does something like Morishima-sensei and continues some of her stories in a different volume, given the description for the volume this was released in.

last edited at Oct 7, 2014 5:12AM

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

The story kinda dragged a bit in the start, but it ended rather sweetly. This is one of those stories that the protagonist and their love interest don't even need to show intimacy (i.e. Hugging or kissing) to make me feel butterflies in my stomach. Just the story line is good enough.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Rather enjoyed this, and I'm the sort of person that hates any kind of Y chromosome in my yuri manga :p.

Careful here.

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

Rather enjoyed this, and I'm the sort of person that hates any kind of Y chromosome in my yuri manga :p

yeah sometimes I just wanna wipe the y chromosome off the face of the earth .though I am a guy

AquarianDemocrat
Retry
joined Jan 23, 2012

yeah sometimes I just wanna wipe the y chromosome off the face of the earth .though I am a guy

TRUTH

(1)images
joined May 17, 2014

Love this ! <3 kinda cute when fumi goes all embarrased in front of hana-chan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The friend's reaction to the book is a little surprising, considering she knows it's based on her friend. The natural assumption is that the artist who falls for another woman is Hanako, and the girl who she loves but is in love with someone else must be Kozue, without knowing that it's actually the author falling for Hanako. But she seems pretty unaffected by the idea of her best friend being outed as a lesbian in love with her.

Just naturally unflappable, maybe?

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

The friend's reaction to the book is a little surprising, considering she knows it's based on her friend. The natural assumption is that the artist who falls for another woman is Hanako, and the girl who she loves but is in love with someone else must be Kozue, without knowing that it's actually the author falling for Hanako. But she seems pretty unaffected by the idea of her best friend being outed as a lesbian in love with her.

Huh? Wait, how did you get there? Kozue understands that it's not Artist that Hanako is model for:

"Heroine modeled after you is very cute, I can understand why the protagonist falls in love with her", is what she says - and protagonist is the "Solitary Artist".

She could probably guess that Hanako might be in love with someone. But she could also think that Hanako is a model for personality, but not for actual plot. What's more, we don't really know the genders of book characters except for "the heroine".

last edited at Oct 7, 2014 11:00AM

PineapplesForSale
Annie%20is%20bae2
joined May 25, 2013

Ah, what a cute story. It gave off a refreshing feeling, despite the predictable plot. I kind of figured it out, but overall it was still a good read.

joined Aug 26, 2014

Awwwww so cute (///_ ///)

Huh? Wait, how did you get there? Kozue understands that it's not Artist that Hanako is model for:

"Heroine modeled after you is very cute, I can understand why the protagonist falls in love with her", is what she says - and protagonist is the "Solitary Artist".

She could probably guess that Hanako might be in love with someone. But she could also think that Hanako is a model for personality, but not for actual plot. What's more, we don't really know the genders of book characters except for "the heroine".

"What's more, we don't really know the genders of the book characters except for the heroine."
Page 9
The Heroine is obviously a girl, hence heroine. We know the protagonist is also a girl because of page 9. It's a story of unrequited lesbian love.

Fumi is the protagonist - solitary artist
Hanako is the Heroine (being the center of the love triangle makes her the heroine)
Kuzue is the woman the Heroine is in love with.

The story is about the protagonist (solitary artist) falling in love with another girl, not the heroine who is in love with someone else. Kuzue should have been able to surmise that the Heroine was in love with someone, but with whom and what gender that person is, Kuzue would not have known. (From the information given in the one shot.) Fumi was able to guess that Hanako was in love with Kuzue and also knew the love was unrequited. Whether or not she used that specific example in her book we don't know.

last edited at Oct 7, 2014 3:13PM

Shingeki.no.kyojin.full.1508027
joined Aug 20, 2013

such a nice heartwarming story ^.^

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Still, we don't really know that about the book.
After all, she made her dead brother into a deceased daughter, so it's not unusual for her to change things a lot.
Story is about artist falling in love with a heroine, who already loves someone else.
While it could be a girl, we aren't told that. But it seems that the book is about love and art, not about same-gender difficulties.

last edited at Oct 7, 2014 3:44PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Still, we don't really know that about the book.
After all, she made her dead brother into a deceased daughter, so it's not unusual for her to change things a lot.

A fact that the friend doesn't know, and was only told to the main character.

Story is about artist falling in love with a heroine, who already loves someone else.
While it could be a girl, we aren't told that. But it seems that the book is about love and art, not about same-gender difficulties.

Yes, I did get that one part wrong, which the friend sees as being based on her. However, even that still leaves her being portrayed as in love with someone, and even if it's not revealed to be a girl (we don't know) she doesn't seem a bit curious about that which is a bit odd considering the friend knows her very well and knows she doesn't have many people in her life.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Yeah, that I agree with. But I think she's got a bit too much sempai on her mind to use it...

Sonya
joined Aug 22, 2014

That was really sweet!
I like this one fav :3

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

freakin' like it~ xD wish they kind of got more together like where we see it in the end... :v lol

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

freakin' like it~ xD wish they kind of got more together like where we see it in the end... :v lol

Mulan1
joined May 18, 2013

Aww so cute!! Thank you for the translation. It has been awhile since I have read one with a satisfied ending.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

This was just adorable. I'm favoriting this one!

To reply you must either login or sign up.