Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

joined May 13, 2020

How about being able to comment on specific pages of stories? Would be useful for long stories.

Especially considering it is possible to comment on images already.

i want to second this, i made an account just to make this same suggestion. i think it would be great for activity and discussion.

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

+Multiple Tags searcher.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

B-to480 posted:

+Multiple Tags searcher.

You can. It's just easy to overlook.

Advanced options really shouldn't be hid by default. It would solve half of the issue. Other half being that you need to search for anything in order to access advanced options in the first place.

last edited at May 13, 2020 7:24PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

There is a new tag in town! Idiot Couple

Please do be sure to make suggestions for it if you've got any! Thank you very much!

What about Adachi to Shimamura? They're not a couple yet but they're definitely dum-dums.

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

Oh, Thanks @Nevri! Also, you are right, it shouldn't be hid at all, I myself use the search bar and just skip to look at the results below, didn't even noticed the Advanced buttom this whole time using the web ´:)

+I suggest for the Advanced search bar, and it other options, to use all the length of the page, in order to make it look more compact, since the result below make use of all the length of the page already. (in addition to show it instead of been hid and keep the buttom to hide it when we want). +Add a notification globe, like in the home page when something important happens, that advice us to use comas to search multiple tags at once, I think just a few people knows about this method.

last edited at May 15, 2020 12:07AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

OrangePekoe posted:

Changing the site into a progressive web app would be a huge undertaking. It'd require the site's devs to recode how basically every single page even works.

Hi, Alice. Unrelated, but would you mind e-mailing me, hopping onto our Discord, or dm'ing me on Discord @ Orange Pekoe#0863? No rush or commitment, just wanted to chat with you about something! Thanks.

Oh, whoops. Meant to reply to this but it seems I got distracted. I sent you an email.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Can staff please rename the tag: Pairing: Anata x Ayumu to Pairing: Yuu x Ayumu?

Love Live finally released a canon name for the SIFAS MC
https://twitter.com/LoveLive_staff/status/1261204932490932224

last edited at May 15, 2020 7:06AM

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Maybe ongoing, completed, cancelled, discontinued, dropped, licensed and similar tags so we can search series by their status?

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Maybe ongoing, completed, cancelled, discontinued, dropped, licensed and similar tags so we can search series by their status?

https://dynasty-scans.com/search?q=&with[]=3667&sort=

5727 Abandoned

3670 Cancelled

3668 Completed

3669 Dropped

5520 Licensed

3671 On Hiatus

3672 On Hold

3667 Ongoing

Yeah, it should be in the dropdown, but isn't.

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Ha, I thought it was impossible to search by status, thanks GendoIkari

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Can we have a Gyaru tag?
And just for curiosity's sake, would it be possible to make all mangas list where they're released? Like, in their "profile".

Also, the official serialization of Tadokoro-san is through a web magazine, so I feel it's kinda pointless to call the self-published version a webcomic.

last edited at May 17, 2020 1:25PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Can we have a Gyaru tag?

https://dynasty-scans.com/tags/gyaru

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

I have a few suggestions:

1. After seeing this image and others with the Aeris x Tifa tag where Cloud behaves in a similarly helpful manner, I hereby ask that yuri wingman be created as a tag for any example where a male character is knowingly and actively helping two or more girls' homosexual relationship. Maybe even extend this to female characters, at least in situations where they're not part of the homosexual relationship (maybe the girl is heterosexual, or she's attracted to one or more of the involved girls but her love is unrequited, yet she still wants to help the other girls be happy rather than wallow in bitterness).

2. A report button that sends a message to mods either via email or some other method, to be used to alert forum moderators to posts that are clearly or verging on violating the rules. Far more efficient than having to open up Discord and find an active staff member to alert, like I've had to do.

3. Have the quote button automatically create a link to the quoted posted and including the poster's name, a la this post (which I assume was manually done).

4. Multi-quoting, i.e. being able to mark posts for later quoting. I've seen this done in other forums, such as Sufficient Velocity and SpaceBattles, and it's really helpful for responding to multiple posts in one go, rather than having to open separate tabs for each quoted post and manually combine them all into a single one.

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

Can we get a suicide tag for works that have that in them? I know that that is a very sensitive thing that people would like to avoid, me included, so having that tag would be helpful to avoid works that has it.

last edited at May 21, 2020 2:13PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

MarqFJA87 posted:

1. Have the quote button automatically create a link to the quoted posted and including the poster's name, a la this post (which I assume was manually done).

Check out the Dynasty Userscripts thread. Nevri's post having a link is due to my Dynasty Thingifier userscript. (In fact it's the original purpose of the Thingifier.) If you browse on desktop Chrome/Firefox or use Firefox mobile you can install an addon such as Tampermonkey and use the script.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Speaking of suggestions though, I have a bit of a suggestion regarding stickied threads. There's really quite a lot (11 currently) and this one seems like it'd be useful as a stickied or otherwise easily accessible thread as well. It's getting kinda cluttered with this amount. My suggestion is to create one general Dynasty resources thread and link most of them there instead. Some such as this thread, the rules, What's that manga called?, and the post formatting thread should probably be left as stickies but the rest could probably be linked in a general thread instead with a description of their purpose and then unstickied.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Honestly, considering the amount of people who still misses "What's that manga called" thread, I'd say just put everything into 1 universal thread as you suggested. People who look for those first, will find those threads there anyway, and people who're going to miss them, will still miss them whatever they're sticky threads or not.

last edited at May 21, 2020 4:04PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri posted:

Honestly, considering the amount of people who still misses "What's that manga called" thread, I'd say just put everything into 1 universal thread as you suggested. People who look for those first, will find those threads there anyway, and people who're going to miss them, will still miss them whatever they're sticky threads or not.

The fact so many people don't see that thread is honestly kinda baffling. It's normally one of the top three stickied threads which means it's right under the "create thread" button. It's not exactly easy to miss, lol.

Combining them all into a single thread with the occasional relevant news/update thread such as the 2020 Featured Chapter suggestions thread would probably make it more difficult to miss though. Might also be advisable to find a different icon to use for stickied threads. The current one seems a bit too minimalistic when it should stand out more.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

I'm surprised there's no "Upload Request Status" page since there's already a "Suggestions Status" page. It would help me confirm whether or not I had made a particular upload request, as well as know whether it was rejected or simply forgotten on the pending list (like some of my suggestions are, incidentally).

Alice Cheshire posted:

MarqFJA87 posted:

1. Have the quote button automatically create a link to the quoted posted and including the poster's name, a la this post (which I assume was manually done).

Check out the Dynasty Userscripts thread. Nevri's post having a link is due to my Dynasty Thingifier userscript. (In fact it's the original purpose of the Thingifier.) If you browse on desktop Chrome/Firefox or use Firefox mobile you can install an addon such as Tampermonkey and use the script.

Wow, I should've checked that thread ages ago. Thanks!

last edited at May 23, 2020 8:34PM

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

I suggest creating Insane Amounts of Hand Holding for cases like this manga. While I get the joke behind tagging it with Insane Amounts of Sex, I still despise misleading tags too much.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I suggest creating Insane Amounts of Hand Holding for cases like this manga. While I get the joke behind tagging it with Insane Amounts of Sex, I still despise misleading tags too much.

On that subject, I kinda want a tag called just hand holding.

Edit: Can we also have a tummy tag or something?

last edited at Jun 3, 2020 4:28AM

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Could there be a Thick or Chubby tag? There's a Muscles tag, so I don't see why not.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Could there be a Thick or Chubby tag? There's a Muscles tag, so I don't see why not.

Would be nice.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Maybe a Wingman , Wingwoman or Matchmaker tag?

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
Fellowship of Freelancers
joined Oct 11, 2010

How about hidden tags that would not be visible to people but would hide something if it's been blacklisted by an account? There are a lot of releases that don't get one tag or another to prevent spoilers, but certain tags (cheating, incest, rape, etc.) could trigger people. I wholeheartedly agree with at least delaying certain tags to maintain the author's intended experience, and I think this could be a good way of doing that whilst keeping certain readers from getting hurt.

To reply you must either login or sign up.